This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

Go down 
+21
Ridley's Dad
Mecha
Scolar Visari
Pickles
Jamin
ghana6
Pein
GeneralMLD
DemonWolf
GamerKing
GAYLanced Jack
theone.
Spartan v07
NightFang91
DenEvo
Alan1994
Boba_Fett
TRF
Stigma
Ridley
Shin_Akuma
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Majority isn't necessarily correct, though. Besides, not every country is a democracy. Razz And no, I don't game on a PC. Does that somehow make my argument less relevant?

Not the argument itself, but it sure weakens your stance on the whole thing. I mean, if you want to play left 4 dead or something, you're going to play it on your 360 rather than your PS3. And lets say, not Left 4 Dead, but some other really awesome 360/PC game comes out that's the best game you've ever played and is better than all the best PS3 exclusives put together. Would you still prefer your PS3 to 360?

EDIT:
TRF wrote:
Well do you game on a PC? No? I guess that makes you less credible in saying that the PC versions of the games should be ignored.

No ones saying they should be ignored, we're saying they still count because the 360 has them and the PS3 doesn't. The PC has better graphics than the PS3, does that mean that now it makes no sense to argue that some PS3 exclusives have better graphics than 360 games?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:23 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Stoney wrote:
TRF wrote:
It's not about what you call them, Stigma. You can call them whatever you want, it doesn't change the fact that you're treating them as exclusives and grouping them with exclusives.

@Stoney: You bring up a good point. However, just because some people have zero interest in a gaming PC doesn't mean everybody is ignoring the PC, and it sure as hell doesn't mean that the games don't exist on PC.

Never insinuated that, buddy.
Well, you said that it's a part of the 360's library and could easily sway someone to buy the 360 if they're not interested in a PC. This is absolutely true, but the key word is "could". I don't think that's enough reason to start treating these games like exclusives.

Well I do, and so do the majority of people including Sony, Microsoft, Gamestop, and Game Reviewers. It's Democracy, Majority Rules. Besides do you even game on a PC?
Majority isn't necessarily correct, though. Besides, not every country is a democracy. Razz And no, I don't game on a PC. Does that somehow make my argument less relevant?

No, it just makes you less credible. NOOB.
Well do you game on a PC? No? I guess that makes you less credible in saying that the PC versions of the games should be ignored.

Lol I was kidding. But I do own the first L4D for my crappy PC Smile.

I NEVER said PC versions of games should be ignored. But that's what you keep interperting. I don't think the PC is relevant in the console wars. I never said it wasn't relevant enough to be a satisfying gaming platform.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Not the argument itself, but it sure weakens your stance on the whole thing. I mean, if you want to play left 4 dead or something, you're going to play it on your 360 rather than your PS3. And lets say, not Left 4 Dead, but some other really awesome 360/PC game comes out that's the best game you've ever played and is better than all the best PS3 exclusives put together. Would you still prefer your PS3 to 360?
I would certainly play the 360 more, but would recognize that it's a multiplat. As for me playing Left 4 Dead on 360, that's irrelevant. I'd play it on PC if I had one. If I own a 360 and a Wii, and I want to play Red Dead Redemption, that doesn't make it a 360 exclusive.

@Alan: I meant ignored in the console war, not in general.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I would certainly play the 360 more, but would recognize that it's a multiplat. As for me playing Left 4 Dead on 360, that's irrelevant. I'd play it on PC if I had one. If I own a 360 and a Wii, and I want to play Red Dead Redemption, that doesn't make it a 360 exclusive.

Yeah a multiplat that the 360 gets and the PS3 doesn't. Let's look at Fable III. It's gonna go to PC eventually, but it's a first party game. Is it suddenly not going to matter anymore for the 360? You said Fable III deserved a 90, and I noticed you have around 50 hours on the game. If the 360 didn't have it you'd never get to play it. If Fable was a PC exclusive franchise would you like the 360 less?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:44 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah a multiplat that the 360 gets and the PS3 doesn't. Let's look at Fable III. It's gonna go to PC eventually, but it's a first party game. Is it suddenly not going to matter anymore for the 360? You said Fable III deserved a 90, and I noticed you have around 50 hours on the game. If the 360 didn't have it you'd never get to play it. If Fable was a PC exclusive franchise would you like the 360 less?
Of course I'd like the 360 less. It's because the 360 is the only platform I own that can play it. That doesn't mean it's the only platform that can play it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Of course I'd like the 360 less. It's because the 360 is the only platform I own that can play it. That doesn't mean it's the only platform that can play it.

Then there you go. If you'd like the 360 less then that means that 360/PC multiplats do indeed have some weight. Multiplats are an advantage to the 360. It has some PC games the PS3 doesn't get, and some PS3 games the PC doesn't get.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Then there you go. If you'd like the 360 less then that means that 360/PC multiplats do indeed have some weight. Multiplats are an advantage to the 360. It has some PC games the PS3 doesn't get, and some PS3 games the PC doesn't get.
Yes, and if I had a PC and not a 360 and Fable was exclusive to the 360, then I'd like the PC less. That doesn't prove anything, especially since you're using one isolated case to prove a point. If any multiplat was exclusive to a console I didn't own, I'd like my console less.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:50 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yes, and if I had a PC and not a 360 and Fable was exclusive to the 360, then I'd like the PC less. That doesn't prove anything, especially since you're using one isolated case to prove a point. If any multiplat was exclusive to a console I didn't own, I'd like my console less.

You are not understanding it though...

In the console wars (PS3 vs Xbox in particular), bringing up the PC or any handheld system would be considered irrelevant. The games you mention are not exclusive to one platform meaning that you can get it else where, but not on any other console. If you are a PS3/Gaming PC owner than great, but that's not the point. When you are comparing game libraries, Splinter Cell Conviction is one game the X360 has that the PS3 doesn't. Simple as that.

I mean, your train of logic is going outside of the console wars. Now you are just considering all possible platforms. You are implying that if someone can have access to something and is a multiplatform owner then it doesn't count. What if someone owns both a PS3 and a X360? Using your logic even Halo Reach wouldn't count if it could be accessed by a PS3 owner.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

In the console wars (PS3 vs Xbox in particular), bringing up the PC or any handheld system would be considered irrelevant. The games you mention are not exclusive to one platform meaning that you can get it else where, but not on any other console. If you are a PS3/Gaming PC owner than great, but that's not the point. When you are comparing game libraries, Splinter Cell Conviction is one game the X360 has that the PS3 doesn't. Simple as that.

I mean, your train of logic is going outside of the console wars. Now you are just considering all possible platforms. You are implying that if someone can have access to something and is a multiplatform owner then it doesn't count. What if someone owns both a PS3 and a X360? Using your logic even Halo Reach wouldn't count if it could be accessed by a PS3 owner.
I'm not sure where you got that last sentence from. You're basically throwing away my entire argument by saying the PC is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:04 am

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I'm not sure where you got that last sentence from. You're basically throwing away my entire argument by saying the PC is irrelevant.

They're saying it is in the "console" war.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:01 am

Ridley wrote:
Using Wikipedia as a credible source of information?

Surely you jest!

Wikipedia is nowadays monitored for faults and errors. To have a claim stated on the page you will have to use a reference, otherwise it will show up as "need reference".

If you dont beleive what is written on Wiki you can read the references to read more about the topic at hand.

This is why Wikipedia is nowadays considered a viable source of information in Universitys all over the world.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Pickles wrote:
I understand that. I'm just saying it's ridiculous to exclude the PC because of some bullshit terminology. The PC practically is a console. The only thing stopping it from being a console is the fact that it's technically not called a console.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Dude, u need to let it go... not only do you look famboyishly stubborn, U are trying to overstate the obvious... We know those games are not "console exclusives", we do get it. But you NEED to get that they are not on PS3, as simple as that. Someone pass up Thor's hammer, there's a wall that needs a crackin'.... It's overstating your fact that makes you look bad and PS3 fanboys in general
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:54 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

The PC is irrelevant in the console wars.

Deal with it and move on. Call it bullshit, but the console wars in general is just one big pill of it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:03 pm

DenEvo wrote:
Dude, u need to let it go... not only do you look famboyishly stubborn, U are trying to overstate the obvious... We know those games are not "console exclusives", we do get it. But you NEED to get that they are not on PS3, as simple as that. Someone pass up Thor's hammer, there's a wall that needs a crackin'.... It's overstating your fact that makes you look bad and PS3 fanboys in general
Call me stubborn, but you're just as stubborn in your belief.

Alan1994 wrote:
Call it bullshit, but the console wars in general is just one big pill of it.
Amen to that. Cool
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:21 pm

How am I stubborn.. There are games that will come to the PS3 and PC this and next year.. and Im more than ready to accept them as however they want to call them... If I cant play them on my 360... You wont find me gaming on my PC to save my life... so there, I'm the first one to say " Sir, you are right, I cant play those games in me 360" ..lol, so tell me, how I am I stubborn myself?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm

DenEvo wrote:
How am I stubborn.. There are games that will come to the PS3 and PC this and next year.. and Im more than ready to accept them as however they want to call them... If I cant play them on my 360... You wont find me gaming on my PC to save my life... so there, I'm the first one to say " Sir, you are right, I cant play those games in me 360" ..lol, so tell me, how I am I stubborn myself?

He's just a Playslave that forgets that he is last place.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:32 pm

DenEvo wrote:
Neither side is in the wrong, it's all opinion. So if you're calling me stubborn for not giving in to Alan and Stigma and changing my opinion, then I can just as easily call you stubborn for not giving in to me and changing your opinion.

Alan1994 wrote:
DenEvo wrote:

He's just a Playslave that forgets that he is last place.
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP BRINGING THAT UP?! Sad
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Lol someones trying to troll
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
I understand that. I'm just saying it's ridiculous to exclude the PC because of some bullshit terminology. The PC practically is a console. The only thing stopping it from being a console is the fact that it's technically not called a console.

I don't think it's even close to a console. You can't just automatically buy any PC and expect to play Crysis,

gaming on the PC is just an app like on the Iphone except most PCs aren't designed to play games on it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:25 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

I don't think it's even close to a console. You can't just automatically buy any PC and expect to play Crysis,

gaming on the PC is just an app like on the Iphone except most PCs aren't designed to play games on it.
When I say PC, I mean "gaming PC".
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:39 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Even then, it's still an application for PC.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Yes. Just like gaming is an application for consoles nowadays. They also double as movie players (2/3 of them at least), and often have many other features. Chances are, if you buy a gaming PC, you're probably going to use it primarily for gaming.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:53 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Yes. Just like gaming is an application for consoles nowadays. They also double as movie players (2/3 of them at least), and often have many other features. Chances are, if you buy a gaming PC, you're probably going to use it primarily for gaming.

Not really. The first consoles could only play games and that's about it. This gen, they can do other stuff but there primary focus is still the vidya.

They're designed for it, which is why you can play games without having to install them unlike on the PC.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Pickles wrote:

They're designed for it, which is why you can play games without having to install them unlike on the PC.
Tell that to Forza 3 and Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next