This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)

Go down 
+8
GeneralMLD
theone.
Madtoker
Stoney
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
day walker
Pickles
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) Empty
PostSubject: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 3:32 am

We post things that could have the game better. I'm not saying the game sucked, it was an amazing game but it had it's problems.

The characters were really bland and I couldn't care when they died. The were barely a step-up from the Silent Masterchief.

Here's how I would've fixed that. As much as I thought Left 4 Dead was overrated, the characters were amazing and memorable. They could have done that with Carter, Jun, Jorge, Kat, and Emile but NOOOOOOOO they had to be all formal and shit. They could have given them some pretty cool lines during gameplay like in L4D or *holyshitjustremembered* Buck from ODST. He was a pretty cool guy.

How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) Buck

Pictured: Personality

EDIT:This gives me an idea: I'm gonna buy his voice from the armory. Just remembered how much I loved that mofo.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 4:01 am

Pickles wrote:
We post things that could have the game better. I'm not saying the game sucked, it was an amazing game but it had it's problems.

The characters were really bland and I couldn't care when they died. The were barely a step-up from the Silent Masterchief.

Here's how I would've fixed that. As much as I thought Left 4 Dead was overrated, the characters were amazing and memorable. They could have done that with Carter, Jun, Jorge, Kat, and Emile but NOOOOOOOO they had to be all formal and shit. They could have given them some pretty cool lines during gameplay like in L4D or *holyshitjustremembered* Buck from ODST. He was a pretty cool guy.

How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) Buck

Pictured: Personality

EDIT:This gives me an idea: I'm gonna buy his voice from the armory. Just remembered how much I loved that mofo.
I got really attached to noble team and when they died i had to stop and think on what had happened, you can learn alot from fire fight voices and their ingame dialogue and reading their BIOS Razz after all that you do get connected to noble
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:22 am

Hmmm they could have fixed some of the graphic texture bugs.But other than that im not sure what to say.

Halo Reach's characters werent bad.They are as good as FPS characters get.Its not liek Reach is Mass Effect or some other RPG.

Oh yes, Silent Protagonists FTW!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Hmmm they could have fixed some of the graphic texture bugs.But other than that im not sure what to say.

Halo Reach's characters werent bad.They are as good as FPS characters get.Its not liek Reach is Mass Effect or some other RPG.

Yeah silent protagonists are fine. Oblivion gets away with it fine and that's an RPG!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:07 pm

I didn't give a a shit about the characters tbh. Countless times I forgot what Jun's name was during the Nightfall mission, was like "who the fuck is this guy? I can't remember him from the start...?"

Although I thought the ending was good.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

That's no excuse, really. They hardly showed any personality during gameplay or cutscenes unlike L4D.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

That's no excuse, really. They hardly showed any personality during gameplay or cutscenes unlike L4D.

what do you expect?If they showed any more it would turn most FPS gamers off.if you payed attention on how and what the characters said, you could easily tell what kind of person they were.Its really not that hard...

Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

what do you expect?If they showed any more it would turn most FPS gamers off.if you payed attention on how and what the characters said, you could easily tell what kind of person they were.Its really not that hard...

LOLWTF

WHY?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

He thinks FPS gamers = fraghead CoD gamers
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

Most are sadly.Even you should know that......
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:10 am

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

I don't see how it would turn them off.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 7:51 am

i dont know, noble team felt a little bland to me because they wear masks most of the time and didnt really have any relationship. ON THE OTHER HAND the characters in l4d were "carable" (i.e when bill dies) because they were the only 4 survivers you knew about.. etc... and also how master chief was THE LAST SPARTAN LEFT which made him cool. noble six wasnt so much different from any other spartan other than being "highly lethal"

i really like solid/old snake though, he was beastly
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 9:10 am

Halo Reach is better than Black Ops. THIS IS FACT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:41 am

Pickles wrote:

This.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:56 am

Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

Still waiting...boy.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:27 am

Pickles wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

Still waiting...boy.

Smile

lol I didnt even see that you replied

FPS gamers usually dont care about story.They dont want much cutscene at all.They want action, not story or "good characters".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:04 am

Arbiteris wrote:

FPS gamers usually dont care about story.They dont want much cutscene at all.They want action, not story or "good characters".

Generalizing all FPS players. False.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Have you ever played Halo or CoD before?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 am

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Have you ever played Halo or CoD before?

Whats Halo? And isn't CoD a fish?

No shit I've played them, but not all FPS players just play those games.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:50 pm

u gotta keep in mind their military training since they were children

they act military to the core, that said they still have individual personalities and quirks.

L4D was about a bunch of civilians........spartans have dicipline
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

LOLWTF

WHY?!

Still waiting...boy.

Smile

That doesn't answer my question. I asked how it would turn them off, not what they want.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

they act military to the core, that said they still have individual personalities and quirks.

Just because they're disciplined doesn't mean they can't have a personality. look at BFBC2, Killzone, and Resistance.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:25 am

Scolar Visari wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Just because they're disciplined doesn't mean they can't have a personality. look at BFBC2, Killzone, and Resistance.

Resistance and Killzone characters dont show much more personality either dude........

Never played BFBC2 so I cant judge on that
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:53 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Resistance and Killzone characters dont show much more personality either dude........

dont play it, bfbc2 story is so stupid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 11:55 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Lol? Maybe not Killzone but Resistance characters (for the most part) had personality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)   How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert) Empty

Back to top Go down

How Halo Reach Could Have Been Better(Spoiler Alert)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next