This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable

Go down 
+5
Master Chief
Arbiteris
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
DemonWolf
GamerKing
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable Empty
PostSubject: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 10:38 pm

The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable WindowsPhone7seriesUI

Okay this discussion may be old, but I am still going to post it. The Windows Phone 7 seems way better then the Iphone and Microsoft introduced a new phone of theres, but is the windows Phone 7 just a Phone? This new device is Microsoft's third platform!!!! This may in face be the new Xbox portable we were looking for, for so damn long!!

This device even has Xbox Live, I am excited to get this. Devs are making games for this thing. This game is not just some phone, it is Microsoft's new platform. You will be able to use Xbox Live, there will be achievements, and also you can buy games on the market on the device.

Here is why:
http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/10-best-windows-phone-7-games-paid-apps-904633

http://www.redmondpie.com/games-for-xbox-live-on-windows-phone-7-announced-videos/

Check out these vids:
3D GAMING!

Multiplayer/Xbox Live on Windows Phone 7:

As again I think this is Microsoft's new portable handheld that we were all waiting for.

Thats all I have and I also have something to say......Apple.... BE CAREFUL!

The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable Windows_logo
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:37 am

Wow! I pray that it has Fable! I would kill for Fable portable Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 am

Well Microsoft made Kinect to bait the casual market. The bulk of the casual market has since moved on to the iphone/pod/pad in recent times and Apple are making so much money on the games they sell on thier App Store I can see why Microsoft want some of that action. It seems pretty obvious that Microsoft will try to penetrate this market and quickly this time. Considering they have wasted $500 million advertising a product which no longer has the potential user base anymore I doubt they will waste any time pushing games for the Windows Phone 7.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:15 am

I hope not.If they do this and start making Halo or Gears or Fable for this portable than ill probally be stuck into buying it.Thing is, I dont want to buy another portable.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Streetracers/LocoRoco-style games would be awesome for the Windows Phone, PGR Portable, holy crap, I'm already jizzing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:23 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Well Microsoft made Kinect to bait the casual market. The bulk of the casual market has since moved on to the iphone/pod/pad in recent times and Apple are making so much money on the games they sell on thier App Store I can see why Microsoft want some of that action. It seems pretty obvious that Microsoft will try to penetrate this market and quickly this time. Considering they have wasted $500 million advertising a product which no longer has the potential user base anymore I doubt they will waste any time pushing games for the Windows Phone 7.

Wait? Microsoft has given up on Kinect?
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 pm

GamerKing wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

No.

As for Windows Phone 7, most of the games released for it won't be inhouse games as most games on phones are made by indie developers due to price and developer-kits. All you need to developgames for the WP7 is XNA Game Studio, and you get it for free from Microsoft if your school is a part of MSDNAA. Otherwise it costs just a fraction of the price of devkits to Kinect/360. Therefore MS is more supporting Kinect for games and pushing WP7 for indiedevs as they claimed to have bribed some of best devs for iPhone.

We will just have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

No.

As for Windows Phone 7, most of the games released for it won't be inhouse games as most games on phones are made by indie developers due to price and developer-kits. All you need to developgames for the WP7 is XNA Game Studio, and you get it for free from Microsoft if your school is a part of MSDNAA. Otherwise it costs just a fraction of the price of devkits to Kinect/360. Therefore MS is more supporting Kinect for games and pushing WP7 for indiedevs as they claimed to have bribed some of best devs for iPhone.

Okay.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm

GamerKing wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

No.

Okay.

Looks amazing. However, It is a phone and the games will be limited
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 pm

theassassins wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

No.

Okay.

Looks amazing. However, It is a phone and the games will be limited

True, true.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 am

getting the samsung omnia wp7 in january cant wait bounce
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 am

raspymanic1 wrote:

I'm jealous. Mad
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

GamerKing wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

I'm jealous. Mad

and just to show off even more ive just got my dr dre studio beats, ready to go with it tongue
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:18 am

raspymanic1 wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

I'm jealous. Mad

and just to show off even more ive just got my dr dre studio beats, ready to go with it tongue

I'm even more jealous. My phone sucks monkey balls. Mad
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 1:59 pm

Sweet. Is this like a PSP competitor for Microsoft, or something? Would be so cool if it was. Razz
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

I'm jealous. Mad

lol nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable   The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable Empty

Back to top Go down

The Windows Phone 7 may in fact be the new Xbox Portable
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: