This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

Go down 
+36
Ihsahn
Paratrooper1n0
Xmarksthespot
daveMastaKill
Blixtstorm
GrandMasterZillah
Jamin
ghost23
TheSnape
NightFang91
raspymanic1
Noelol
Scolar Visari
Shoke
NobelSniper
Pickles
Stigma
Invincible
Jack-__-Franko
Ozsem
zinc
GeneralMLD
theone.
Alan1994
Stoney
Boba_Fett
Arbiteris
Lethal Predator
DarK
DenEvo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Pein
DemonWolf
Copernicus
PureSexySound
Blackou7
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

It's an eight! Besides, these are reviews.
No one is gonna listen anyways.

So, Alan Wake, Fable II, or we can even say Halo Reach, since it got a 80.
:lmfao:

WHERE'S THE EMOTICON FOR THAT?!?!
Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.

How did it fall on it's face? It got a 85 didn't it?
If that's the case, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Fable 3 are ass.
Cause they fell on their faces. Rolling Eyes

All games lower than AAA status are ass. Believe it brah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 pm

Guys, 85 is a horrible score! I would never buy something that low!
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 am

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

Reach is bonifide AAA and Microsofts flagship franchise. While Gran Turismo is Sonys biggest franchise and it fell hard on it's face lmao. 5 years and PD still had to cut corners grabbing cars from GT4 and majority of the cars don't have cock pit views.

How did it fall on it's face? It got a 85 didn't it?
If that's the case, Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Fable 3 are ass.
Cause they fell on their faces. Rolling Eyes
Don't forget Heavy Rain. You obviously don't see the point and never will. Those games you listed are just small fish in the MS pond. Microsofts mega franchises are Halo, Gears and Forza which pump out AAA games at will. GT5 was hyped for 5 years and failed to reach AAA status. Thus, it is a FLOP.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:11 am

DenEvo wrote:
This Thread = Kleenex Factory

PS3 fanboys are gonna compare GT5 to Viva Pinata.... since comparing it to FM3 (going by press releases) is an afterthought now

i got PMed with a guy saying GT5 owned Fable3 Razz

you were right. Never mind beating Reach sales or beating Forza 3 in reviews........they moved on to Fable 3
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:12 am

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
Flop?

ill make this extremely simple.

a game slops when reviews dont reflect hype.

hype AAA
reality AA

flop. plz deal.

flop has no bearing on quality. zero.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 am

Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:
AA is good, i accept that. It isnt AAA like hyped, that is where I step in.

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

Its AA and thats cool........but it aint AAA like expected
MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad

not desperate.......fun. as long as theres sensitive people defending this, I take pleasure in milking the sensitivity to its last.

its the flagship 5 year developed title that was meant to outscore forza 3 and outsell Halo reach.......no shit were devoting our energy to this: its huge and i aint gonna miss the chance to milk this for the fun of it

i still dont get bthe comparison with alan wake.......it really wasnt that important as u think, it was the 1st entry. GT is a flagship franchise. not exactly a fair comparisment.

Ill gladly run alan wake deeper in the mud to run GT5 into the bedrock of the earth anyday Smile

why? cause its for fun. thats the #1 rule here.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:15 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Jamin wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Spoiler:
AA is good, i accept that. It isnt AAA like hyped, that is where I step in.

lol ok sorry...."at least have some merit even in the eyes of a die-hard sony supporter to full merit in the eys of a 360 supporter" Razz

true about alan wake........but alan wake is the 1st entry.......GT5 is part of a series that has a solid rep and one that demanded to follow the quality of their predesessors

Its AA and thats cool........but it aint AAA like expected
MLD, railing on and on about GT5 (Demonwolf included), just seems desperate. =/ But hey, if you want to stoop to PS3 fanboy levels and rail on a good game that was well received and loved by fans (like they did with Alan Wake), then fine by me. =) Carry on. One of the main reasons why ya'll do this, is because you really have nothing else to talk about regarding the PS3. That's why I say REACH has been out for awhile. =P

Alan Wake being the first entry into the series is irrelevant. Alan Wake (by your standards) heavily underperformed and is a bigger flop than GT5. There is no excuse for Alan Wake, it had a 5 year development cycle and was being programmed on what you call the EASIEST architecture with a multiplatform engine. Remedy had a solid rep and made quality titles in the past, but by your standards their quality game is a flop. PD had to deal with what you've described as bad for developers, and they had to make the engine from the ground up.

If you say GT5 is a disappointment, you're just running Alan Wake deeper into the mud whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

Sad

not desperate.......fun. as long as theres sensitive people defending this, I take pleasure in milking the sensitivity to its last.

its the flagship 5 year developed title that was meant to outscore forza 3 and outsell Halo reach.......no shit were devoting our energy to this: its huge and i aint gonna miss the chance to milk this for the fun of it

i still dont get bthe comparison with alan wake.......it really wasnt that important as u think, it was the 1st entry. GT is a flagship franchise. not exactly a fair comparisment.

Ill gladly run alan wake deeper in the mud to run GT5 into the bedrock of the earth anyday Smile

why? cause its for fun. thats the #1 rule here.

lol look:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27409519&page=0

That's how much they hyped GT5. 77% of voters said it would be AAA or even AAAA! hahaha and I'm sure the people who rated it less than A weren't gran turismo fans. So really, GT fans were extremely let down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 am

<-- thats my fav XD
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
^ Yep. Racing games are easily one of the most frustrating games of all time because you can spend the entire race in first place, and just one bump near the end of the race will spin you out, and then you get overtaken!
Rewind helps so much. Call it a cheat if you like but at the end of the day, it probaby helps forza players get more skilled. They see their mistakes and can deal with them straight away, see what they did wrong, etc Very Happy

To be honest, no. The rewind feature doesnt help you to get better, its rather the opposite when its enabled. You see you can be "sloopy" and still get away with it, and if something goes horribly wrong you just rewind.

However I like it...

It helps you to get better, I use it to find the adequate entry speed into a corner... I keep rewinding until I find the proper speed, angle and it helps to organize a way to pass an opponent in a corner. As a "corner dissector" is a great ally... an also for when u get distracted by life, lol
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:19 pm

^^^^ LMAO that really is an epic fail
Back to top Go down
Xmarksthespot
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xmarksthespot

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:13 pm

How many copies has it sold so far? I'm sure its not record breaking lol
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:34 am

Xmarksthespot wrote:
How many copies has it sold so far? I'm sure its not record breaking lol

check vgchartz

then check ODST first week to laugh
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:50 am

daveMastaKill wrote:

wow... it must've been so bad that all ps3 fanboys flagged it which is why it's removed. Wtf lol
What happened in it? Please tell me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman
GrandMasterZillah

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Who cares about the sales?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next