This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

THE true damage in GT5

Go down 
+9
PureSexySound
GeneralMLD
Alan1994
DemonWolf
Boba_Fett
Stigma
TheSnape
Blackou7
Scolar Visari
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

THE true damage in GT5 Empty
PostSubject: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:11 pm

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo-5-level-40-advanced-damage-modelling-video-will-shock-you

one less thing to complain about. IGN and the other 20 sites better raise GT5's score significantly.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Well Gamespot hasn't released their review yet, so they're obviously putting serious time into the game. Maybe it will get 9.5 like Forza 3 Razz
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:
LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

http://www.gamersmint.com/gran-turismo-5-level-40-advanced-damage-modelling-video-will-shock-you

one less thing to complain about. IGN and the other 20 sites better raise GT5's score significantly.

That is an awesome amount of damage, I gotta admit.

But then GT5 is a pretty awesome game. It's not really possible to deny it. And they should raise GT5's score, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome amount of damage, I gotta admit.

But then GT5 is a pretty awesome game. It's not really possible to deny it. And they should raise GT5's score, don't worry.

I'm not worrying. I just feel a little sorry for kazunori yamauchi the guy spent 5 years working on the game and itd getting low scored because of stupid people. Gt5 should be raised to a 9.5 instead of a 9 because they not only lowered the score because of the damage but also left out the entire online mode as well whic is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 6:30 pm

It looks good but...why do you have to be level 40 to unlock advanced damage modeling? That's fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 6:53 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
It looks good but...why do you have to be level 40 to unlock advanced damage modeling? That's fucking retarded.

They want everyone to be able to play these games. At lvl 40 you are an expert at driving. I enjoy this because I still make noobish moves and I'm a lvl 12. Damage isn't a big thing at this lvl.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I lol'd at "it's a sim, you need to earn it"
.....???
So I need to be a good driver to finally be able to trash a car in real life?

But yes, that has good damage reactions...not necessarily modelling. I can't tell from that blur-iffic video but does it have that whole issue with the headlights that crumple rather than smash? Or is that just standard cars?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 12:34 am

OH NO GT5 has an 86!!!

4% shy of AAA. LETS BURN SOME HOUSES AND FLIP SOME ICE CREAM TRUCKS.

P.S. Stop bitching about reviews. This was bound to happen with all the hype that surrounded this game.

EDIT:

WTF was Polyphony thinking? It's so fucking stupid having to unlock part of the game's sim aspect. Damage is part of the physic's engine, not the damn feature list. Plus that, it didn't even look realistic. Silly fanboys. "Real-time damage" LOLZ.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 2:25 am

the trunk opens..........not much else, at least nothing better then what forza 3 offered
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:37 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
the trunk opens..........not much else, at least nothing better then what forza 3 offered

yeah that's kind of what I said. It reacts fairly well but the damage modelling isn't any better than forza 3.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 4:55 pm

The following is a quote from the LensOfTruth, here is a link to the page:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24784

This will silence ANY quarrel about the damage modelling, considering these people played both head to head =P

Quote :
Graphics: In general, vehicle models across platforms looked incredible and photo realistic. However, the major differences between the two versions was how each platform handled vehicle damage. It’s was clear that Gran Turismo 5 had implemented a rarely used feature called Decal Tessellation. Without going into too much detail, the idea behind this technique is to take a displacement map texture, project it onto geometry - just like a decal – and tessellate the geometry in real time so that the displaced geometry looks like physical damage to the vehicle. Plain and simple, mimicking realistic damage on the fly. On the flip side, Forza 3 simply swapped out decals and models which made collision between vehicles look rather dull compared to Gran Turismo 5.

The whole article basically says Forza performs better with less screen tears and hardly any frame drops, but that the damage modelling on GT5 is superior, when unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Sorry, but I just have to say, DiRT 2 has better damage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Lol, the state of desbelief of GT5 fanboys is rather amusing. They are only reviews
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Master Chief wrote:
Thats because Codemasters doesn't make Simulators. Dirt, Grid, Fuel, and other racers they make are arcade racers.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm

This is the greatest damage ever in a game:

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:27 am

PureSexySound wrote:
The following is a quote from the LensOfTruth, here is a link to the page:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=24784

This will silence ANY quarrel about the damage modelling, considering these people played both head to head =P

Quote :
Graphics: In general, vehicle models across platforms looked incredible and photo realistic. However, the major differences between the two versions was how each platform handled vehicle damage. It’s was clear that Gran Turismo 5 had implemented a rarely used feature called Decal Tessellation. Without going into too much detail, the idea behind this technique is to take a displacement map texture, project it onto geometry - just like a decal – and tessellate the geometry in real time so that the displaced geometry looks like physical damage to the vehicle. Plain and simple, mimicking realistic damage on the fly. On the flip side, Forza 3 simply swapped out decals and models which made collision between vehicles look rather dull compared to Gran Turismo 5.

The whole article basically says Forza performs better with less screen tears and hardly any frame drops, but that the damage modelling on GT5 is superior, when unlocked.

At least the headlights on Forza don't crumple Laughing
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Looks like GT5's car textures are one big hd decal then, lol
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm

America wrote:
Master Chief wrote:
Thats because Codemasters doesn't make Simulators. Dirt, Grid, Fuel, and other racers they make are arcade racers.

But I just don't get it, why not let the physics engine calculate how much damage has been done to the car, kinda like creating 'artificial damage', in the way that it's calculated at the moment, rather then standard damage (scratches on left bumper when hit, bumper falls off at 50+ mph, etc.), kinda almost like 'scripted damage'. Kinda reminds me of how GTA IV creates damage on vehicles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:02 pm

Master Chief wrote:
America wrote:
Master Chief wrote:

But I just don't get it, why not let the physics engine calculate how much damage has been done to the car, kinda like creating 'artificial damage', in the way that it's calculated at the moment, rather then standard damage (scratches on left bumper when hit, bumper falls off at 50+ mph, etc.), kinda almost like 'scripted damage'. Kinda reminds me of how GTA IV creates damage on vehicles.
They have to do it because consoles can't hold enough data to have hundreds of cars with great physics. They have to have one or the other.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 9:22 pm

It takes about 4-5 good days of playing GT5 to reach level 20. The reviewers who brought up lack of realistic damage must have barely even touched the game.

It's like reviewing Zelda after completing the first temple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE true damage in GT5   THE true damage in GT5 Empty

Back to top Go down

THE true damage in GT5
Page 1 of 1