This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

343 working on a Halo: CE remake?

Go down 
+11
Pickles
Alan1994
Arbiteris
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
GeneralMLD
Freemon34'
theone.
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
Stigma
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

343 working on a Halo: CE remake? Empty
PostSubject: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:57 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=278410

If they do I hope they don't start adding power ups like in Reach.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:27 pm

I hope it will just be like a mod for Halo 3, with the weapons/maps from Halo CE

Aswell as the campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Wow... I will totally not get this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 5:04 pm

They should just do a collection with Halo CE and 2 on one disc...with multiplayer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 pm

If there is no multiplayer... Then, NO THANK YOU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:58 pm

theassassins wrote:
If there is no multiplayer... Then, NO THANK YOU.

QFT

and I honestly don't want it updated with the Reach engine, thats part of what makes Halo CE fun, is the old awesome engine.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:34 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
They should just do a collection with Halo CE and 2 on one disc...with multiplayer Very Happy
Can't 1 DVD won't hold 2 DVDs

Cock Block Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:28 pm

America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

If I am not mistaken, the newer DVDs can hold both Halo's.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:48 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

The old DVDs held 7GB, DVDs still hold the same, but since ~2002 have had the ability to duel layer(lilke on Halo 2). So 7(Halo 1) and 9(Halo 2) won't go into 9 no matter how hard you try. Plus unlike Blu Ray, you can't update the disc its self or else DVD players would be fucking up because they couldn't update because of newer discs.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:09 am

hmm.......ps3 fanboys will be all about the "teh Halo Milkzorz"

But seriously.......it will be a good 10 year anniversary game to give it a next gen facelift and additional modes.

and best part.......since it technically isnt a new Halo title......it doesnt have to be AAA Smile

no pressure.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 2:17 am

Awesome. Loved this game and it would definitely be a great start for 343 getting familiar with the Halo game formula.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:21 am

343 remake Halo: Combat Evolved.
Rare remake Killer Instinct. Viva Pinata is gay.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
hmm.......ps3 fanboys will be all about the "teh Halo Milkzorz"

But seriously.......it will be a good 10 year anniversary game to give it a next gen facelift and additional modes.

and best part.......since it technically isnt a new Halo title......it doesnt have to be AAA Smile

no pressure.

lol people were so pissed off when they closed of the Halo CE/Halo 2 online, so why don't they do like a "gow collection" equivalent? With Halo 2 and Halo CE.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 12:50 pm

I really hope they do this.Halo CE's campaign was one of the best campaigns ive ever played.With new updated graphics it would be awesome.Oh yea, who cares about multiplayer on Halo CE....

It would be a great way for 343 to get familier.And what better way to celebrate Halo's 10th anniversary by releasing an updated version of the game that started it all?

Halo CE still and always will be the best Halo
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:22 pm

America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

The old DVDs held 7GB, DVDs still hold the same, but since ~2002 have had the ability to duel layer(lilke on Halo 2). So 7(Halo 1) and 9(Halo 2) won't go into 9 no matter how hard you try. Plus unlike Blu Ray, you can't update the disc its self or else DVD players would be fucking up because they couldn't update because of newer discs.

Halo 1 and Halo 2 come up to about 3 GBs. Halo 1 on PC was about 1-2 GBs.

Even with an HD update and NO compression done at all, They should be able to fit both games and then some.

Try not to talk out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I really hope they do this.Halo CE's campaign was one of the best campaigns ive ever played.With new updated graphics it would be awesome.Oh yea, who cares about multiplayer on Halo CE....

It would be a great way for 343 to get familier.And what better way to celebrate Halo's 10th anniversary by releasing an updated version of the game that started it all?

Halo CE still and always will be the best Halo

Yeah, the ending level for Halo CE was pretty badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 6:37 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

Even with an HD update and NO compression done at all, They should be able to fit both games and then some.

Owned
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 7:55 pm

The GoW collection is like 17-18 GB's, obviously increased in size due to being remade in HD, so I doubt they would fit Halo CE and 2 on one DVD.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:46 pm

Stoney wrote:
The GoW collection is like 17-18 GB's, obviously increased in size due to being remade in HD, so I doubt they would fit Halo CE and 2 on one DVD.

PS3 devs don't give two shits about compression cause they have like 64gigs to work with. I'm pretty sure they could fit HD versions Halo CE and 2 one one DVD.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

From 'My Computer" it says that Halo 1 on the PC has a 650MB Save File, 2GB install, 500MB of MP Updates(and I have 2 GB of mods on my copy), along with a few more megabites of modable settings(no I didn't mod them, these were actually from the install). Even without the mods thats more than 1-2 GB. Try not to talk out your ass Smile

Plus, since I can't find any link on Google about how much space Halo 1 and 2 take up on the DVD, its safe to say that it takes up more than 3 GB do to things like pirating protection, and please give a link to back up your statement or you're the one talking out your ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:58 am

America wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Cock Block Very Happy

From 'My Computer" it says that Halo 1 on the PC has a 650MB Save File, 2GB install, 500MB of MP Updates(and I have 2 GB of mods on my copy), along with a few more megabites of modable settings(no I didn't mod them, these were actually from the install). Even without the mods thats more than 1-2 GB. Try not to talk out your ass Smile

Plus, since I can't find any link on Google about how much space Halo 1 and 2 take up on the DVD, its safe to say that it takes up more than 3 GB do to things like pirating protection, and please give a link to back up your statement or you're the one talking out your ass.

Or I could say back up your statement with a link or you're the one talking out of your ass. See how that's a two way train?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Or I could say back up your statement with a link or you're the one talking out of your ass. See how that's a two way train?
In my original post I was talking about the space available on DVDs, which is true. You guys were the ones that stated that Halo only takes up a few GB on a disc. So who was talking out the ass???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:04 am

America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

In my original post I was talking about the space available on DVDs, which is true. You guys were the ones that stated that Halo only takes up a few GB on a disc. So who was talking out the ass???

*sigh* can you prove that the Xbox version of Halo takes up more than Alan said, or not?
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:39 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
America wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

*sigh* can you prove that the Xbox version of Halo takes up more than Alan said, or not?
Can Alan prove they take up that much? No. Can I prove they CAN take up that mu ch? Yes
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 pm

guys just STFU.Who cares.Its prety damn obvious that they will be able to fit 2 last gen games on 1 disc.If they can put Crysis 2 on 360, then im sure as hell they could do it for Halo 1 and 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 343 working on a Halo: CE remake?   343 working on a Halo: CE remake? Empty

Back to top Go down

343 working on a Halo: CE remake?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next