This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?

Go down 
+12
ghost23
Alan1994
theone.
Jamin
Stoney
PureSexySound
NightFang91
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
Boba_Fett
Blixtstorm
Doominator99
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? Empty
PostSubject: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:40 am

I own Mass Effect 2 on the 360 but i don't have xbox live and don't plan to get it either. So i was thinking about buying it for the PS3 when it comes out because you get all of the DLC free (i cant get it on xbox without live) and a free 6 hour Mass Effect 1 thingy (that is also good because Mass Effect 1 was glitchy and the gameplay wasnt that good)

It has way more value for money than the xbox version but i don't know if the DLC's and other stuf is worth it so gimmi some advice without being fanboyish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 am

Dayone purchase... maybe not. If I was you I would wait atleast 1-2 months.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am

I'm getting it for sure. Can't wait to have ME2 in my ps3 library. My parents bought it for my computer but I never got the DLC.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 9:20 am

Sure, why not? If you think the dlc's worth the extra cost. But like Blixt said, wait a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 11:07 am

Nope

Why buy an inferior version of a game you already have?It would be a complete waste of money
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Nope

Why buy an inferior version of a game you already have?It would be a complete waste of money

Inferior how?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:57 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Nope

Inferior how?

Because its stupid to Play Mass Effect 2 without Mass Effect 1.And that interactive comic thing they will replace it as wont even be close as good as the actual Mass Effect 1 game.If you are gonna buy a story driven game, then you should buy the first game before the second.Staring out in a middle of a story-driven trilogy is retarded

Mass Effect is main on 360 and PC.Which also would be likely that 360 and PC will get exclusive content when Mass Effect 3 comes out.Even though its just a possibility it could easily happen and would make sense
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:00 pm

If you want to increase your trophy score with a game you know you'll like, then yeah definitely get it xD

Oh, and to Arbiteris, EA and Bioware have both said that they are making ME2 on the Ps3 on par, if not better at times on the Ps3..
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-11-29-mass-effect-2-on-ps3-as-good-if-not-better
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Because its stupid to Play Mass Effect 2 without Mass Effect 1.And that interactive comic thing they will replace it as wont even be close as good as the actual Mass Effect 1 game.If you are gonna buy a story driven game, then you should buy the first game before the second.Staring out in a middle of a story-driven trilogy is retarded

Mass Effect is main on 360 and PC.Which also would be likely that 360 and PC will get exclusive content when Mass Effect 3 comes out.Even though its just a possibility it could easily happen and would make sense

But he already has ME2 on 360, so I assume he has played ME1 as well (or at least can buy it and play it if he wants to)..

PS3 currently has the superior version.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:26 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

But he already has ME2 on 360, so I assume he has played ME1 as well (or at least can buy it and play it if he wants to)..

How does it?

1: it hasnt even come out yet.
2:It cant play ME1 like the 360 version can.
3:Its just a port.

So how does it have the superior version?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

How does it?

It's the same game but with more content bundled.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:39 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Arbiteris has a point. You do get more content on ps3 but you can't import ME1 data so you can't carry on where you left off.

I think it would be easier to just connect an ethernet cable from xbox to pc or router and get the content for a few quid as opposed to waiting for me2 to come out and pay more for an inferior version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How does it?

So?I can already get all of the DLC right now.Besides, that doesnt make up for the other points I said

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 pm

I have both ME 1 and ME 2 for my 360 and I , now this is just my opinion , think it's stupid to re-buy it. I'll probably rent it to see what the interactive comic is like.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How does it?

So?I can already get all of the DLC right now.Besides, that doesnt make up for the other points I said

Which points? That it hasnt come out yet? It isn't even a point. He's asking if he should buy it ONCE it is released. The introductory comic lets you make the same choices you can make in the game. "It's just a port" is not a point either, it doesn't matter whether it is a port if the port itself doesn't make the game buggy.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:13 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

How does it?

Which points? That it hasnt come out yet? It isn't even a point. He's asking if he should buy it ONCE it is released. The introductory comic lets you make the same choices you can make in the game. "It's just a port" is not a point either, it doesn't matter whether it is a port if the port itself doesn't make the game buggy.

I was refering to the fact that it wont have Mass Effect 1.An interactive comic will be complete shit compared to the actual Mass Effect 1 game.

Im not talking about whether the author should buy it, im talking about which version is superior.Saying "well it has an interactive comic instead of the actual game and comes with bundled content" isnt a good defense.Heck, I can already buy the content that mass effect 2 has.PS3 users have to wait till next year

Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:25 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

I was refering to the fact that it wont have Mass Effect 1.An interactive comic will be complete shit compared to the actual Mass Effect 1 game.

Im not talking about whether the author should buy it, im talking about which version is superior.Saying "well it has an interactive comic instead of the actual game and comes with bundled content" isnt a good defense.Heck, I can already buy the content that mass effect 2 has.PS3 users have to wait till next year

I'm speaking from Doominators point of view. We are not discussing which system is the best for the whole ME experience, we are (or at least I am) discussing which ME2 version is the best. By saying "well it has an interactive comic instead of the actual game and comes with bundled content" you're implying that ME2 for xbox 360 has ME1 bundled which is not true.

If you've already played ME1, PS3 has the superior version. You need to differentiate between "the best ME2 version" and "the best system for playing the ME saga". If we were discussing the latter I would probably agree with you (mainly because ME1 was poorly ported to PC).
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:42 pm

I only played the first Mass Effect for a couple of hours. Didn't finish it. When Mass Effect 2 came out, I bought it for PC and played it from there. I got the idea of what happened in the first and just played through the second, and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay. You don't NEED ME1 to play ME2. Arb is just in denial. =3
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Jamin wrote:
I only played the first Mass Effect for a couple of hours. Didn't finish it. When Mass Effect 2 came out, I bought it for PC and played it from there. I got the idea of what happened in the first and just played through the second, and I really enjoyed the story and gameplay. You don't NEED ME1 to play ME2. Arb is just in denial. =3

Fair enough but he'll need to start a brand new character which takes away the whole sort of verisimilitude of the Mass Effect universe. It's better to continue where you left off with the same character and all your choices continuing. Like if you kill a certain character you wont see him in the next game. Razz

Btw did you ever complete the first Mass Effect? If not I'd recommend that you do. I prefer it to Mass Effect 2 a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I'm speaking from Doominators point of view. We are not discussing which system is the best for the whole ME experience, we are (or at least I am) discussing which ME2 version is the best. By saying "well it has an interactive comic instead of the actual game and comes with bundled content" you're implying that ME2 for xbox 360 has ME1 bundled which is not true.

If you've already played ME1, PS3 has the superior version. You need to differentiate between "the best ME2 version" and "the best system for playing the ME saga". If we were discussing the latter I would probably agree with you (mainly because ME1 was poorly ported to PC).

You still havnt explained how Mass Effect 2(standalone game) is superior on PS3.The only thing you said so far about it is "It comes with bundled DLC" which I already explained is a poor defense
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 pm

It's a day one purchase for me. I love Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
You still havnt explained how Mass Effect 2(standalone game) is superior on PS3.The only thing you said so far about it is "It comes with bundled DLC" which I already explained is a poor defense

Simple.. EA and Bioware said it would be =3
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

And What the devs says goes, RIGHT? Question
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:19 pm

PureSexySound wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Just like Beyonetta was superior on PS3 cause the devs said it right?Not to mention this game is a port so it really isnt convincing

can I have the link to when they said that please?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 5:51 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

All DLC bundled with the game + the comic. If I can pick between ME2 without the DLC included, or ME2 with it, I obviously pick the latter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?   Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should i rebuy Mass Effect 2 on PS3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next