This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live

Go down 
+7
NightFang91
Stoney
Freemon34'
ghost23
Stigma
theone.
Pickles
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live Empty
PostSubject: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:24 am

http://www.destructoid.com/use-a-swastika-in-black-ops-get-banned-from-xbox-live-188245.phtml

Quote :
If you choose to wear a Call of Duty: Black Ops logo that shares similarities with a certain equilateral cross that enjoys a certain bond with a certain group of jackbooted individuals, you better not be doing it on Xbox Live. Microsoft is banning all those who carry a swastika into battle, and it isn't prepared to engage in a debate about it.

"It’s not political correctness, it’s fundamental respect," says Xbox Live's gestapo head, Stephen Tolouse. "If you think the swastika symbol should be re-evaluated by societies all over the earth, I think that’s great. Your Xbox LIVE profile or in game logo, which doesn’t have the context to explain your goal, is not the right place to do that. And by the way, that doesn’t just go for the swastika, it applies to many other symbols as well that my team does indeed take action on when we see it.

He goes on to say that various outraged gamers have argued that if we're banning swastikas, then the star of David, the Christian cross and the infinity symbol should be banned too, for various interpretations that associate them with evil. Tolouse is not prepared to discuss it, saying that in the cases of symbols like the swastika, it's "kind of a no brainer."

I'm never a big fan of censorship, but at the end of the day, arguing for your right to wear a swastika in a videogame? That's really not a fight worth having, guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:01 am

But the hammer and sickle is ok. You know cause Stalin never killed anyone...oh wait...he killed more innocent people than the nazi's...
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 9:06 pm

Bullcrap.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:11 am

Bullshit, what if someone is just using the Buddhist swastika?
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:13 am

Makes absolutely no sense. Swastikas are originally from Japan. No sense.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 1:21 am

I don't see how this is bullshit. The Swastika is regarded as the Nazi symbol by society regardless of its previous meanings and I'm sure all the people who use it are directly referring to the Nazi's and they deserve the ban
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 3:54 am

ghost23 wrote:
I don't see how this is bullshit. The Swastika is regarded as the Nazi symbol by society regardless of its previous meanings and I'm sure all the people who use it are directly referring to the Nazi's and they deserve the ban

I know,right?

I know it has some older meanings but the Nazi's have already bastardized it to the point where when you see it on someone's folder, you instantly start feeling...uneasy.

Except for me, of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 am

TheAssassin wrote:
Makes absolutely no sense. Swastikas are originally from Japan. No sense.

Ancient Egypt actually.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:56 am

Why is it it in the game? Why give you the option to use it if you'll end up getting banned?
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 am

Stoney wrote:
Why is it it in the game? Why give you the option to use it if you'll end up getting banned?
You can create your own emblem designs by using basic shapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:20 am

ghost23 wrote:

Then why can you use the hammer and sickle? Soviet Russia has killed many more innocent people then the Nazi's. (Ukraine massacre)
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:19 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Then why can you use the hammer and sickle? Soviet Russia has killed many more innocent people then the Nazi's. (Ukraine massacre)

I don't know. For some reason, the Nazi's are more infamous.

Hey, it's probably because they fucking started WWII.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:53 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

in soviet russia........ hmm

i cant believe you said this. concentration camps killed about 6 million jews.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:06 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Because the hammer and sickle symbol is not associated to genocide in the same way as the swastika is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 pm

Madtoker wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

The ukraine massacre alone had more killed than that.

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Because the hammer and sickle symbol is not associated to genocide in the same way as the swastika is.

It represents Soviet Russia, which has killed millions. More than the holocaust.

All I am saying is, both are symbols that represent mass murder.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:57 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

This count as one?

Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live Gayflag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:12 pm

^^^ what...?
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 pm

Seriously Freemon?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Aksys wrote:
Seriously Freemon?

He's a troll, let him be.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I don't get it, what's that pic that Freemon posted?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Its freemon, being a freemon. Might as well just delete it.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:57 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

It represents Soviet Russia, which has killed millions. More than the holocaust.

I just had too. XD
Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live Hitler10

Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 am

Stoney wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

NightFang91 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I just had too. XD
Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live Hitler10

In Soviet Russia..... Guns fire YOU! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 8:56 am

^^ that was stupid.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:08 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Rainbow flag is the symbol gays use.
Very similar to something I have already seen...
MAYBE THIS?!
Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live 1254

Back on topic.

So what if they ban them? I mean, your not gonna die if you can't use them. It may be interpreted wrong, don't take the risk. You don't have to show Freedom of Expression for the sake showing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live   Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live Empty

Back to top Go down

Use a swastika in Black Ops, get banned from xbox live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: