This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.

Go down 
+4
ZeInFormer
DemonWolf
theone.
Pickles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. Empty
PostSubject: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 4:16 am

I don't get it.

An arcade game could be better than a retail game but NNOOOOOO it's STILL not even equal to it.

Braid could be 50X better than Call Of Shooter: Reloaded and people will still see it as inferior to a "full product" game.

Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. Braid-10
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:03 am

What is Braid, anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:16 am

Idk. There are loads of good arcade games. Who cares if they aren't seen equal to retail games? It just makes them cheaper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:20 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
What is Braid, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braid_%28video_game%29
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 6:55 pm

Well, I guess this generation most people have come to expect their games to be fully 3d ...except noel Laughing
But yeah, it's mainly graphics and also because you can never really get arcade games in shops/retail, the way they're only downloadable makes them seem like they're not full games. And usually they're...well, like "arcade" games as the name implies. They don't offer diverse gameplay usually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm

They're simplier, easier to code, and graphics aren't as good.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Well, I guess this generation most people have come to expect their games to be fully 3d ...except noel Laughing
But yeah, it's mainly graphics and also because you can never really get arcade games in shops/retail, the way they're only downloadable makes them seem like they're not full games. And usually they're...well, like "arcade" games as the name implies. They don't offer diverse gameplay usually.

Lol.

I think that's far from the truth. It's like when someone here mentioned that the 360 and PS3 have games that tend to keep things fresh like Uncharted or Gears Of War.

Most retail games I've seen have been pretty uncreative when compared to an Arcade game like Braid or Limbo(?).
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Lol.

I think that's far from the truth. It's like when someone here mentioned that the 360 and PS3 have games that tend to keep things fresh like Uncharted or Gears Of War.

Most retail games I've seen have been pretty uncreative when compared to an Arcade game like Braid or Limbo(?).
I agree, the most unique games come from devs that make games like braid, flower, linger in the shadows, shadow complex, etc.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 10:03 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
They're simplier, easier to code, and graphics aren't as good.
Thats not always true. Lookl at Hydro Thunder. Switchball. Beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 am

Arcade games ftw.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 10:50 am

Theres no Halo arcade game so that alone makes them inferior
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Pickles wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Lol.

I don't mean diverse in the sense of doing something different. I mean offering variety in gameplay.
But then again, gears is a retail game and that has no variety in gameplay xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:51 pm

they have less content, en stuffs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.   Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why don't people think Arcade games are = to Retail games.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: