This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have the fanboy wars gone boring?

Go down 
+6
Master Chief
Epzaos The Destroyer
Arbiteris
theone.
Stigma
optimusprime
10 posters
AuthorMessage
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Have the fanboy wars gone boring? Empty
PostSubject: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:45 pm

I hope no one takes offence to this post but I feel the whole fanboy thing has gone boring, some of you might feel the same, some might still think its entertaining and thats fine. You may also ask well this is a 360vPS3 section of the forum but I didnt know what other section to post this in.

Hear me out, i'm in my 20s, got a good life (so far touch wood), woman,friends etc but I also give time to video games, movies, music and I can honestly say throughout my life I never heard, listened to or seen a console fanboy until the late ps2/xbox days with the emergence of the internet becoming the norm and the generation of life i was in.

SNES v Genesis (megadrive) days, we never spoke or acted like this (joking or not), if we didnt have the console our friends had (i had both eventually but was mainly a SNES player) we didnt talk shit about it
or flamebaited whatever, we went round to their and played the games, then i would invite my friends to play on my console, we just spoke about games and what we liked/disliked. we were only kids but never
became this sort of loyalist to a machine, we just loved the games and we were like 8-10 years old!

all i read on the internet (even the likes of the supposed super dooper neogaf) is people judging games not by the games themselves but by what console they are on, to me thats stupid, its all about the games imo. i keep reading the same thing "yeah but we got kz2, uncharted 1/2, god of war", the fucking elite list addicts i call them, then i keep reading about xbots, about xbox live being the heaven of nerdjizz (great service yes but c'mon guys its just something to be enjoyed) and sales talk. for a while i did laugh at it with the likes of mld and 7th taking the piss out of fanboys but its more or less the same talk except the title of the game or the month we are in. its gone stale imo and i'll tell ya, you know when i think the likes of 7th,mld and others are the most entertaining?.....

when they talk about games themselves, when they review games or give their honest opinion on something thats either been announced, video gameplay of a upcoming game or what they like and dislike about games. sure its not going to stop either side and i stand by the ps3 fanboys being the most obnoxious going and tedious to boot with n4g and thebitbag.com being prime examples but thats just my personal opinion. it wont stop and most of you probably disagree with me i thought i would just throw it out there and see if anyone felt the same. not asking for peace and love here, just a bit more common sense (trolling or not) as you might find when you actually have talks about the games themselves you can have a good laugh and get good enjoyment out of that too.

thanks for reading and have a good xmas/new year.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 pm

It's boring now with Elpresador doing his whole COD thing. When he said he ended the console war he meant it.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 am

BlackStigma wrote:
It's boring now with Elpresador doing his whole COD thing. When he said he ended the console war he meant it.

Yeah, the console war is just dumb fanboy bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 10:13 am

The console war was gone.Last year both fanbases were clashing and lots of console war vids were made.its all over now

My best guess is that it will start up again next gen of consoles.It will be PS4 vs the Xbox 720(or whatever it will be called)

I liked the console war at its prime, it was entertaining and fun.But now its crap and boring.

Back to top Go down
Epzaos The Destroyer
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 am

The console war should just die along with the fanboys, Gaming was supposed to be for having fun, not fighting dumb wars over the Internet.
Back to top Go down
Master Chief
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Master Chief

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 pm

I don't really care anymore about the console war, everything is the same, same bullshit, same stupid arguments, over and over again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:00 pm

to me it looks like it's slowly dying off,since this generation hasn't ended still but the new consoles might be announced and there might be a new argument between the fanboys for the new consoles.i think this is starting to get boring but it's still fun but at the same time,im buying the consoles to play games,not to argue with people
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, the console war's still pretty fun to me. I can see what you mean though, I get bored at times too but eventually I go back and have a few lols. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:52 pm

december will be boring cause ps3 lost the year but dont worry itll pick up in jan
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:22 pm

The only place where it still really exists is the youtube comment section. You should go check out the comments for IGN's ME2 PS3 impression video, it's hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have the fanboy wars gone boring?   Have the fanboy wars gone boring? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have the fanboy wars gone boring?
Page 1 of 1