This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test

Go down 
+6
theone.
Stigma
Epzaos The Destroyer
ghost23
Skycrawler
micheal82
10 posters
AuthorMessage
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:24 pm

To all the PS3 fantards thanks for beta testing ME3 for us.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Sup with the attitude? umad? Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
He has a point. No matter what EA, Sony or Bioware say, the 360/PC versions will always be the definitive version of Mass Effect and Bioware will get rid of all the bugs in the ME3 engine through the PS3 version of ME2
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:02 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:
He has a point. No matter what EA, Sony or Bioware say, the 360/PC versions will always be the definitive version of Mass Effect and Bioware will get rid of all the bugs in the ME3 engine through the PS3 version of ME2
I got that, but I still don't get his attitude. Razz This isnt really enough to start a thread over. There are plenty of other M2/M3 ones already.
Back to top Go down
Epzaos The Destroyer
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:14 pm

I will be getting ME2(Again) for my PS3, so I guess that makes me a beta tester.Razz
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:07 pm

This is why 4chan trolled us.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 3:40 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

But IGN says that the PS3 version of ME2 is the best version. I'm not arguing with you, though.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 4:34 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

But IGN says that the PS3 version of ME2 is the best version. I'm not arguing with you, though.

Yep but it doesn't change the fact that it's a test for ME3. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 7:09 pm

TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

It may be the best version of ME2 because they have had a whole extra year to work on it. But consider this, I've already finished the game 3 times with 3 different characters and got one of the best experiences of the year on my xbox 360. I would much rather play it on my 360 than wait a whole year for a PS3 version with slightly updated graphics. The PS3 version is basically the sloppy seconds.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 10:51 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

It may be the best version of ME2 because they have had a whole extra year to work on it. But consider this, I've already finished the game 3 times with 3 different characters and got one of the best experiences of the year on my xbox 360. I would much rather play it on my 360 than wait a whole year for a PS3 version with slightly updated graphics. The PS3 version is basically the sloppy seconds.
But that's the thing, You've played it already. PS3 only users haven't. So its part of the new experience. If they never had it they cant miss it. Also, how is it sloppy seconds? When you haven't really touched it as it is now?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

But that's the thing, You've played it already. PS3 only users haven't. So its part of the new experience. If they never had it they cant miss it. Also, how is it sloppy seconds? When you haven't really touched it as it is now?

It's sloppy seconds because they get it a year later and they don't have Mass Effect 1 which is an integral part of the entire experience which a comic cannot replicate. It's obvious EA wanted Bioware to do this for a quick cash in.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:19 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TheAssassin wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

Even if the ps3 version is amazing, it's always going to be overshadowed by the fact that there is no Mass Effect 1 on ps3. Now it's effectively a half-game. It's like an expansion without the original game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Mass Effect 2 is better on 360 because of Mass Effect 1. Discussion Ended.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 7:41 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
That's pretty.....shallow. It's really how you look at it though. Honestly, this is getting retarded. silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
That's pretty.....shallow. It's really how you look at it though. Honestly, this is getting retarded. silent

Playing the first game and making the decisions > comic. Again, Discussion Ended.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:07 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Playing the first game and making the decisions > comic. Again, Discussion Ended.
Its not like couldnt have played the game elsewhere. Of course it isnt the same experience but lets be real here.....
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:35 pm

You get some free DLC on the PS3 version. But that's to be expected considering the 360 version costs 20 bucks brand new RIGHT NOW at Gamestop. It also has slightly better graphics. THAT'S IT! The comic in no way covers Mass Effect 1, the better game of the two btw. If you played Mass Effect 1 already then why the hell would you not get the second for that system? In case you sold your 360 or something your experience is still gimped. This, "definitive version" stuff is BS that EA is forcing Bioware to tell everyone because they own them.

Mass Effect 2 is better on the 360, enough of this, "in terms of speaking Mass Effect 2 alone is better on the PS3" bullshit. The importing from Mass Effect 1 made ME2 33% better than it actually is. If someone brags that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is better, then they are retarded, case closed.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Is playing the first ME really that big of a deal? i mean im sure most people played the game more than once to see what happens by making different decisions, i really doubt most people that played ME only played it once.

And are there alternative endings or something? u guys make it sound like this game is like Heavy Rain lol anyway i don't know anything about the game so it be nice if someone answered my questions (: enlighten me plz
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:37 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
You get some free DLC on the PS3 version. But that's to be expected considering the 360 version costs 20 bucks brand new RIGHT NOW at Gamestop. It also has slightly better graphics. THAT'S IT! The comic in no way covers Mass Effect 1, the better game of the two btw. If you played Mass Effect 1 already then why the hell would you not get the second for that system? In case you sold your 360 or something your experience is still gimped. This, "definitive version" stuff is BS that EA is forcing Bioware to tell everyone because they own them.

Mass Effect 2 is better on the 360, enough of this, "in terms of speaking Mass Effect 2 alone is better on the PS3" bullshit. The importing from Mass Effect 1 made ME2 33% better than it actually is. If someone brags that the PS3 version of Mass Effect 2 is better, then they are retarded, case closed.
I never said the ps3 version was better. I just don't get this "HAHA you don't have ME1 end of story" smugness. Just makes any arguments people have towards it....dare I say it...douchey. Razz

igame wrote:
Is playing the first ME really that big of a deal? i mean im sure most people played the game more than once to see what happens by making different decisions, i really doubt most people that played ME only played it once.

And are there alternative endings or something? u guys make it sound like this game is like Heavy Rain lol anyway i don't know anything about the game so it be nice if someone answered my questions (: enlighten me plz
I wouldn't bother asking they're going to be even douchier about it...I keed. Its not as big of a deal as they make it out to be. Some of the guys here are still in the denial faze, so I would give them time. They don't get that for some PS3 only owners its something new they can get into. Even without the imported character you can still understand and carry on with the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 11:28 pm

Mass Effect 1 decisions affect things in both games. Going to play it on PC is not as good cause you cannot transfer your save data.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am

BlackStigma wrote:

Shocked I LOVE YOU.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:16 pm

So is Michael a troll? Ken is awesome and YOU KNOW IT!
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I never said the ps3 version was better. I just don't get this "HAHA you don't have ME1 end of story" smugness. Just makes any arguments people have towards it....dare I say it...douchey. Razz

igame wrote:

I wouldn't bother asking they're going to be even douchier about it...I keed. Its not as big of a deal as they make it out to be. Some of the guys here are still in the denial faze, so I would give them time. They don't get that for some PS3 only owners its something new they can get into. Even without the imported character you can still understand and carry on with the story.

yeah i see what you mean (:
Back to top Go down
TheNewValkyrie

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

i dont like Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test   Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 = Mass Effect 3 beta test
Page 1 of 1