This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steam coming to PS3

Go down 
+8
Invincible
Ozsem
ghost23
Stigma
zinc
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
GamerKing
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 am

DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
GamerKing wrote:
Will L4D come to PS3 since PS3 has Steam?
I doubt, considering Microsoft owns the rights, do they not?

No...

Oh right. Well Valve originally didn't want to release L4D on ps3 for I don't know what reasons. I don't see why steam should change that... but yeah, there's a chance it could come to ps3 regardless of steam.

But this just proves how stupid microsoft are.
They own hardly any first party studios that are actually releasing games consistently. To be fair, ps3 has loads of first party games that don't interest me in the slightest but at least Sony have reliable exclusives that don't just randomly turn multiplats.

I cant see how a company that makes lots of $$$ with their console and Kinect are stupid.....

MS provide lots of great games, I really couldnt care less if its first party or third party(most people probably wont even know what those terms even are).Games are games, first party or third party
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Thats good news...even though I dont have a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm

I think developers (Certainly Valve, not sure about others) can update their games regularly for free.

But if devs want to do it on the 360 they have to PAY Microsoft, yes PAY! to make their game better for the fans. Pure BS.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Stoney wrote:
I think developers (Certainly Valve, not sure about others) can update their games regularly for free.

But if devs want to do it on the 360 they have to PAY Microsoft, yes PAY! to make their game better for the fans. Pure BS.

I looked that up and found some guy who posted this on a BFBC2 forum.

Quote :
Both M$ and Sony charge for devs for releasing patches. People downloading these patches will consume tons of bandwidth, revenue from XBL subscription doest even come close to covering these costs, so both company charge for patches, hence why Onslaught/Vietnam was bundled with the major patch updates.

The only way devs can release patches "freely" is through having their own patching system outside of PSN/Xbox Live (e.g. what Konami did with MGS4 and MG Online) but its not exactly easy to set up and would end up eating away at the Developers own bandwidth, so most companies are prepared to pay the charge to host patches on PSN/Xbox Live because both have a much larger infrastructure to handle such tasks.

They could use p2p file-sharing to host download (similar to a torrent), MGO also used that as alternate download option to get patch files, but it still needs a lot of work in order to become a proper replacement of the typical server-download method.

That makes sense to me. However, I'd prefer if devs didn't rush their games out with the intent of just fixing it later via updates. Because that seems like what they are doing, especially with COD.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:58 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Quote :
Both M$ and Sony charge for devs for releasing patches. People downloading these patches will consume tons of bandwidth, revenue from XBL subscription doest even come close to covering these costs, so both company charge for patches, hence why Onslaught/Vietnam was bundled with the major patch updates.

The only way devs can release patches "freely" is through having their own patching system outside of PSN/Xbox Live (e.g. what Konami did with MGS4 and MG Online) but its not exactly easy to set up and would end up eating away at the Developers own bandwidth, so most companies are prepared to pay the charge to host patches on PSN/Xbox Live because both have a much larger infrastructure to handle such tasks.

They could use p2p file-sharing to host download (similar to a torrent), MGO also used that as alternate download option to get patch files, but it still needs a lot of work in order to become a proper replacement of the typical server-download method.

That makes sense to me. However, I'd prefer if devs didn't rush their games out with the intent of just fixing it later via updates. Because that seems like what they are doing, especially with COD.

Why consoles were better off offline.

Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:55 am

Pickles wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Quote :

Why consoles were better off offline.

Debatable. DLC has really changed gaming and we can constantly get new content.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam coming to PS3   Steam coming to PS3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam coming to PS3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2