This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth

Go down 
+15
DenEvo
Stigma
Skycrawler
xxgtasaxx
Alan1994
Cylon8472
optimusprime
7th
ghost23
GeneralMLD
NightFang91
theone.
Noelol
tr3ykilla
DemonWolf
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Troll needs a new bridge for christmas....

...Funny, I mean how much EXCUSES are brought to the table when talking to a ps3 owner...

always opinionated excuses and apologetic praise to a "superior" gaming system

Fable being a bad game for you is like me saying GOWIII is garbage because I dont play it. See? that's an OPINION and it should never be taken as fact.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:52 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:
Meh... ps3 wins, more variety.

FPS - Halo Reach, Metro 2033Shooter
RTS - Supreme Commander 2
WRPG - Mass Effect 2, Fable IIIShooterRPG/Mediocre Gameplay
Stealth Action - Splinter Cell ConvictionShooter
Free Roam - Crackdown 2Cheap (but fun) GTA
Physiological Thriller - Alan WakeShooter
SHMUP - Death SmilesDear Gawd NO!
Other - Tropico 3One of MILLIONS of simulators

Hack and Slash - Gow 3Hack and slash
Sports - MLB 10: The ShowSports
Racer - Modnation Racers, Gran Turismo 5racing
Action/Adventure - Yakuza 3, 3D Dot HeroesBeat em up/Sort've retro tribute
FPS - MAGShooter
Stealth Action - Sly CollectionAdventure
Other - Heavy RainMystery

You dirty lair.
You're naming a few games from both consoles, out of the other thousand available. Try again.

Unless you were being sarcastic lol!

He was refering to exclusives/console exclusives that released this year for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The stuff you put in red was just your opinion and excuses as to why they don't count. An FPS is very different than a TPS. An RPG that has shooting elements is far from the average shooter. Fable 3 is definitely not a shooter. Alan Wake's focus is on storytelling, much like Heavy Rain (hence why it's called a "Physcological Action Thriller"). And OMFG for the last time Splinter Cell Conviction is NOT a shooter. It's a stealth action game. It's annoying how people categorize it as a shooter just because you can put it on the easiest settings and run around like a frag head. In Halo on casual I can just run around and melee people and use melee only weapons to beat the game, does that make it a first person fighting game? Besides, are you going to call MGS4 a shooter just because it can be played like one? Conviction has more stealth gameplay mechanics than frag head mechanics. Play it on realistic and you will simply not survive unless you use stealth. People really need to accept the fact that it is categorized as a Stealth game and that it stays true to it's genre.

As for games in general both the 360 has plenty of variety. It has platformers, FPSs, TPSs, racers, RTSs, Fighters, Narrative driven, RPGs, etc. In fact, the PS3 has just as much if not more shooter than the 360 . Wink The thing is though, Microsoft puts most of it's advertising efforts on Halo and Gears...Which is why the 360 is known best for it's shooters.
I actually agree with what you said, but....take a chill pill XD. We're not arguing and I was basing my opinions loosely. Its OK. Its not the second coming....yet Razz Twisted Evil

Edit: I did make it a point that he only named a few titles, keyword: Few. Of course these games aren't as shallow as you may think I think. Surprised
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:00 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

COD.....a multiplat, is now synonymous with Xbox

Yup. Some of the biggest names of the industry are synonymous with xbox.

The main ones are

Mario
Zelda
Cod
Halo
Gears

Mario, exclusive to wii. Fair enough.
Zelda, exclusive to wii. Fair enough.
Cod, superior on xbox.
Halo, exclusive on xbox.
Gears, exclusive on xbox.

Overall, Xbox has the most recognisable games library, even if it hasn't got 'em all.
I know ps3 fanboys are chuffed with their big titles; Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Killzone, etc
But really, Uncharted has barely got the recognition of the Fable name. Littlebigplanet has barely got recognition of the Mass Effect name. Killzone has barely got the recognition of the Left 4 Dead name.

My fanboyishness concludes that Xbox has the most recognisable, critically acclaimed gaming library. Razz

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:15 pm

^I wouldnt say Gears is one of the biggest franchises ever. Something like Metal Gear Solid or Final Fantasy would fit the list.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Agree With Noel. Uncharted and GOW are 2 game franchises that probably will be remembered for quite a while. Uncharted is the second highest selling exclusive franchise on PS3 and 360 with over 8 million units sold(behind Halo).
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

FPS - MAGShooter

You dirty lair.
You're naming a few games from both consoles, out of the other thousand available. Try again.

Alan all ready went over how Alan Wake is not a shooter and stuff, but I only went over retail games for the two systems, of this year (that are rated at least a 70 on Metacritic), like in the thread title. I didn't count XBLA, PSN, Kinect, or Move games though. Or else it would have been completely one sided, and it would have taken a lot of time typing.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Skycrawler wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Skycrawler wrote:

FPS - MAGShooter

You dirty lair.

He was refering to exclusives/console exclusives that released this year for both the PS3 and Xbox 360. The stuff you put in red was just your opinion and excuses as to why they don't count. An FPS is very different than a TPS. An RPG that has shooting elements is far from the average shooter. Fable 3 is definitely not a shooter. Alan Wake's focus is on storytelling, much like Heavy Rain (hence why it's called a "Physcological Action Thriller"). And OMFG for the last time Splinter Cell Conviction is NOT a shooter. It's a stealth action game. It's annoying how people categorize it as a shooter just because you can put it on the easiest settings and run around like a frag head. In Halo on casual I can just run around and melee people and use melee only weapons to beat the game, does that make it a first person fighting game? Besides, are you going to call MGS4 a shooter just because it can be played like one? Conviction has more stealth gameplay mechanics than frag head mechanics. Play it on realistic and you will simply not survive unless you use stealth. People really need to accept the fact that it is categorized as a Stealth game and that it stays true to it's genre.

As for games in general both the 360 has plenty of variety. It has platformers, FPSs, TPSs, racers, RTSs, Fighters, Narrative driven, RPGs, etc. In fact, the PS3 has just as much if not more shooter than the 360 . Wink The thing is though, Microsoft puts most of it's advertising efforts on Halo and Gears...Which is why the 360 is known best for it's shooters.
I actually agree with what you said, but....take a chill pill XD. We're not arguing and I was basing my opinions loosely. Its OK. Its not the second coming....yet Razz Twisted Evil

Edit: I did make it a point that he only named a few titles, keyword: Few. Of course these games aren't as shallow as you may think I think. Surprised

Sorry, it's just getting annoying how people call Splinter Cell Conviction a shooter when it's not. That's like calling Halo a racing game. Stupidity just bugs me.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:57 pm

@ Alan, my thoughts precisely

A new type of fanboy, the gamebenders, lol.... they bend the games to how they benefit their arguments

And that's the reason I hate listers...lol
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:17 am

This was already quite obvious. Anyone who follows MLD's YouTube page knows PS3 was dead last once again.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:53 pm

Blackou7 wrote:
This was already quite obvious. Anyone who follows MLD's YouTube page knows PS3 was dead last once again.
He only has 1 video uploaded on his channel.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:24 am

Jamin wrote:
Blackou7 wrote:
He only has 1 video uploaded on his channel.

wut
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 7:45 am

^ yeah I noticed that too yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth   Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which system had best exclusives in 2010? Lens Of Truth
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: