This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 vs. 360

Go down 
+9
Alan1994
PureSexySound
GeneralMLD
optimusprime
Arbiteris
Stigma
DemonWolf
ghost23
txtman8095
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Laughing

Quote :
Ok thats basically like saying that a DVD player that can upscale itself to full 1080p is equivalent to a Bluray player.

No, that's not like that at all. A standard DVD movie renders at 480p. Hell some of the older DVDs run only 480i and have no progressive scan support. When a DVD is being upscaled, it is being stretched to fit the aspect ratio of your HDTV.

On the other hand, digital downloads render natively at a full 1920 X 1080p resolution. Meaning that there is no stretching/upscaling involved when the image is being displayed on your 1080p HDTV.

The thing that ruins the quality of the average digital download is compression and bit rate. With the Silverlight engine being utilized for Zune HD downloads/streaming, you don't need as much bit rate to get the same quality. Meaning someone with an average 4 MB connection can still get a clean HD picture even while streaming. Zune movies aren't quite like Blu-ray movies. Disc based media will always have an advantage in picture quality because it is largely uncompressed. With that said the quality of a Zune movies stacks nicely against Blu-ray even when you put that side by side.

Quote :
I don't need to make the PS3 seem like the victor I have both and if 360 is better then thats good I have both, but remeber the 360 shipped without an HDMI port so it wasn't at full 1080p while PS3 was built to be 1080p from the ground up. And look correctly I mentioned that 360 has better wifi.

Look, just because you have both systems that doesn't mean you can get away with saying anything. If you are going to say something controversal expect people to reply. You, like every other person on this planet, has an opinion. It's bluntly obvious you prefer the PS3 and that's fine. What I don't like is how you make a thread purposely making the 360 look inferior in comparison to your platform of choice.

HDMI is not the reason why the 360 didn't have a 1080p option until 2006. ATI confirmed that from the beginning that the 360's GPU was capable of producing a 1:1 progressive scan 1920 X 1080 image, and that it IS possible to get a 1080p image off of a component source. The reason why many TVs don't do 1080p over component is because of HDCP restrictions. Microsoft also didn't enable the 1080p option because all of the developers were making their games native 720p (and sometimes under that). When Sony went berserk and started bragging all over the place about how the PS3 had HDMI and 1080p, Microsoft decided to add it later to shut them up.

Quote :
The graphics part I already know about, but I'm saying all the 360 exclusives can be done PS3, but PS3 ones can't be done on 360, why? 1. From the developers themselves The 360 is not powerful enough to handle the graphics 2. Too large. And this isn't meant to be biased this is just the hardware discussion, I'll bring in the software discussion later.

You argue about graphics and hardware when you have no knowledge of either. The first sentence of this quotation is just incredibly stupid. PS3 has gained former 3rd party exclusives that use to be on the 360. All of these exclusives run on cross-platform engines that were designed to run on both the PS3 and the 360. And another thing...Notice how all of these former exclusives run slightly worse on the PS3. Bioshock had to lower it's native resolution to run adequately on the PS3. Dead Rising 2 ran significantly sub-HD on the PS3. And hell even Mass Effect 2 (PS3), which has been touted to be the definitive version, has some missing texture detail and some performance issues
while being ported to the PS3. The PS3 has actually lost most of it's 3rd party exclusives. GTA4 was meant to be a PS3 exclusives (ended up running better on 360), Assassin's Creed was meant to be a PS3 exclusive (ended up running better on 360), and Devil May Cry 4 was mean to be a PS3 exclusive (NO compromises made to port it to the 360). The ONLY PS3 former exclusive that couldn't run as good on the 360 was Final Fantasy XIII. Which was a extremely linear and shallow RPG (and in my opinion, a piece of SHIT). It literally had 32 GBs of cutscenes and only 6 GBs of actual game content. That's insane. They had to compress it on DVD format which forced Square Enix to lower the native resolution of the 360 version. If those types of games "aren't possible" on the 360 than I'm extremely glad, because quite frankly FFXIII was really, really bad..

As for 1st party exclusives...You will NEVER see Halo Reach on the PS3, nor will you see Uncharted 2 on the 360. There are obvious IP ownership reasons, but it's also because those games run on 1st party engines design from the ground up to take advantage of their respective consoles. To see one of these games on the other platform would take years and years of retooling of the engine. When it comes down to it the 360 and PS3 are equally capable consoles with slight differences. 1st party developers will say anything to make their console sound superior. "It can only be done on blablabla" is nothing more than a marketing ploy. Same with "console power percentages".

As for the Blu-ray arguement...I will not disagree that it is an advantage to the PS3 to have extra space on one disc. But...PC gaming is essentially a generation or 2 ahead of consoles in terms of technology and they still use DVD9 as their physical media for games. Just something to ponder about. Neutral

/thread
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 am

Invincible wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
i always ask the "playstation family"if graphics are such a home run in a debate why didnt more of you purchase the original xbox or dreamcast or even the gamecube? resident evil 4 on gamecube was stunning during that gen and the ps2 port was inferior.

How? The PS2 version supported progressive scan, widescreen, and it had the Separate Ways mission. The lighting may have been a little different then the gamecube version, but I wouldn't call it an inferior port.

i went out and paid for both with my hard earned money, in my view the gamecube version looked and ran better, the disc swapping didnt bother me one bit either.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 9:26 am

optimusprime wrote:
Invincible wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
i always ask the "playstation family"if graphics are such a home run in a debate why didnt more of you purchase the original xbox or dreamcast or even the gamecube? resident evil 4 on gamecube was stunning during that gen and the ps2 port was inferior.

How? The PS2 version supported progressive scan, widescreen, and it had the Separate Ways mission. The lighting may have been a little different then the gamecube version, but I wouldn't call it an inferior port.

i went out and paid for both with my hard earned money, in my view the gamecube version looked and ran better, the disc swapping didnt bother me one bit either.

I think the Wii version is the best.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:14 pm

Aww please, the only reason that graphically intensive games like uncharted cant be done on 360 is because the media format. Because 360 doesnt have a mandatory hard drive and the format it uses is dvd, a lot of the high quality textures and HD FMV cutscenes have to be compressed/limited. This is something that always comes up in this "comparos" when done by REAL industry journalists ... It is completely stupid and irresponsable to mislead with all that crap about games that cant be done because the 360 isnt "capable" of doing.... For a really "inferior" platform it has been slapping around the more powerful hardware for 4 years and running with "inferior" games
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:32 pm

LMAO!!!

Txtman is so butthurt after I owned him that he went to another forum to gain closure.

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/t2670-the-xbox-republic-is-the-most-butthurt-forum-on-the-internet

Pathetic. He gets asshurt because I corrected him. This just further proves how sensitive fanboys are.

EDIT:

Wait, he got banned? Why? It's not like he was a threat.
Back to top Go down
Skycrawler
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Skycrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
LMAO!!!

Txtman is so butthurt after I owned him that he went to another forum to gain closure.

http://ps3nation.roflforum.net/t2670-the-xbox-republic-is-the-most-butthurt-forum-on-the-internet

Pathetic. He gets asshurt because I corrected him. This just further proves how sensitive fanboys are.

EDIT:

"Tides wash away the sands, but not the memories. Adieu mon ami" -Skycrawler Wink
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
LMAO!!!

EDIT:

Ha what a butthurt fanboy!But why did someone ban him?I was looking foward for his response Sad
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
LMAO!!!

EDIT:

So this forum banns threats? and what or who would be a threat exactly?
Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 6:34 pm

igame wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
LMAO!!!

EDIT:

So this forum banns threats? and what or who would be a threat exactly?
Just wondering.

I probably should have worded it better.

But I meant he wasn't a meat-spinning troll.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 7:06 pm

Well I didn't ban him if people want to know. I actually found this debate to be quite interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 vs. 360   PS3 vs. 360 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 vs. 360
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: