This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Demon's Souls

Go down 
+7
DemonWolf
Invincible
ghost23
Stoney
Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
Stigma
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

Demon's Souls - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
cigar wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
About King Doran...I went to fight him but my attacks barely do any damage, even with the Makoto (I think that's what I used, coulda been a Quality Kilij + 4) and a back stab I only do around 80 damage so I bailed. What's a good why to beat him? You get a trophy for killing the Dragon? Huh, didn't notice that.

You know what, I'm not too sure... By the time I got to Allant I was pretty much a tank, I had pure black character tendency so the Demonbrandt did around 100 damage with every individual hit, but I guess it depends on what kind of build your character is...

You might wanna check out the Demon's Souls wiki, I mostly used it for help with stone farming and grinding, but they have some good strategies for fighting bosses with different classes.

I was talking about Doran not Allant (you know to get the Demonbrandt), but yeah I'll just check the DS wiki.

Crap, I didn't notice that. disregard, I suck cocks, all that stuff... Well the same applies to Doran. The first time you fight him he won't fight back so you can just slowly chip away at his life with feeble amounts of damage since he won't retaliate. As soon as you do enough damage (25% of his life bar depleted, I think) he'll give you the sword. At that point its up to you if you want to kill him to get his armor and the trophy, but I would strongly suggest taking him out for good.

If you're at pure WHITE character tendency (yeah, I fucked up on that too, it's pure white that gives DB more power) you can equip the sword and each individual hit will do a few hundred worth of damage. The whole fight is pretty much just letting him attack, evading, and going in to get 1 or 2 hits in then running the fuck out. It helps if you lure him out of the Demonbrandt room, if you can get him to the room right before the bridge where you fight the Red Eye Knight he'll bug out a little and start walking away from you back to where he came from. Perfect opportunity to backstab him a few dozen times. Make sure you have enough space to carry that heavy ass armor
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Demon's Souls - Page 2 Cat_im_confus
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 pm

^^^^^^^^
Lol yeah, it's totally confusing to read about it... Hell, it still doesn't make sense to me and I'm on my 3rd NG+ going for the platinum trophy.

I love Demon's Souls. Just about every PS3 game is subject to criticism from rival console fanboys, but Demon's Souls is the one game where people who talk shit either 1) Haven't played it, or 2) Got their asses handed to them by the unforgiving difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 pm

cigar wrote:
^^^^^^^^
Lol yeah, it's totally confusing to read about it... Hell, it still doesn't make sense to me and I'm on my 3rd NG+ going for the platinum trophy.

I love Demon's Souls. Just about every PS3 game is subject to criticism from rival console fanboys, but Demon's Souls is the one game where people who talk shit either 1) Haven't played it, or 2) Got their asses handed to them by the unforgiving difficulty.
It's not THAT DIFFICULT. Reducing your weight to under 50% and spamming roll is really all you need to do. Still a good game by all means, but I wouldn't really say it's hard. I think if they did some kind of penalty for roll spamming or having some kind of counter for it the game would be much more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 1:52 am

What I hate about the difficulty is that the game gets harder if you die in body form. I'm not quite sure how it happened, I went from pure white tendency to almost pure black tendency in like half an hour. silent
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 am

BlackStigma wrote:
What I hate about the difficulty is that the game gets harder if you die in body form. I'm not quite sure how it happened, I went from pure white tendency to almost pure black tendency in like half an hour. silent

Dying in body form drops the world tendency by 1 point. Pure black tendency would be something like -4 or -5, and pure white would be +4 or +5. Pure White is a pain in the ass to get, but I prefer pure black cuz it's harder and you get more souls and better items.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 3:34 am

cigar wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Dying in body form drops the world tendency by 1 point. Pure black tendency would be something like -4 or -5, and pure white would be +4 or +5. Pure White is a pain in the ass to get, but I prefer pure black cuz it's harder and you get more souls and better items.

Yeah I was killed by Doran once and then killed him so that was - 4 and then died like 2 in body form. It was weird how I died too. The first time I went up to Doran to use my poison cloud but couldn't lock on, he became hostile as I activated my spell and hit me twice, didn't even get a chance to back away. The second was by the second red knight in 1-4, I got stuck in a corner while fighting him and got killed after I ran out of stamina. The third time after I killed the first red knight I went and killed the 2 archers. Then the assassin jumped down and I went to kill her but for some reason the second red knight had run down the steps and hit me in the back. It was bullcrap lol. I'll just play in soul form for a while. Also, I haven't played that game since like Monday cause I went to my brother's house for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon's Souls   Demon's Souls - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Demon's Souls
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2