This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?

Go down 
+6
Ihsahn
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Noelol
cigar
Stigma
BlackCowsOnIce
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Which of these new kid-filled shooters are better?

What MW2 has over Black Ops
--
That arcade-y feel that IW always has with their games
Smarter AI
More Core Modes
Less Confusing Level System
Wide Array of Killstreaks (if you don't like them, practice reading the word Cold-Blooded), Weapons, and Equipment
Now that Black Ops is here, there are more 16-19 Year Olds than 8-12
Less Infuriating Lag and Hit Detection
Better Graphics and Music

What Black Ops has over MW2
--
No Commando, No Secondary Shotguns, No Tac Nuke, No Mid-Range Shotgun (cough cough AA-12), No Quick/No-Scopers
Better Story
Better Co-Op Mode
Wager Matches, Bots, and Dead Ops are Cool
Innovative Time Period

YOU CHOOSE
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:53 pm

I think Black Ops is better, took out a lot of the crap like commando and drop shotting is a lot less common.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I haven't played Black Ops, and I only played MW2 for 2 months (one month on 360 when I was waiting for my XBL to expire, and another on PS3 when I lent my friend RDR and the only game he had to lend me was MW2), but No Commando, No Secondary Shotguns, No Tac Nuke, No Mid-Range Shotgun (cough cough AA-12), No Quick/No-Scopers is enough to make me pull for BLOPS instead of MW2. MW2s only saving grace was the Spec Ops mode, but in general MW2 was the most frustrating online game I've ever played (and yet I played it for two fucking months cuz shitty games are addictive, apparently)
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Blacks Ops IMO is better. Better multiplayer and ZOMBIES!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:15 pm

cigar is right. No matter how terrible Infinity Ward's games are, they are always addicting. No matter how amazing Treyarch's games are, they are worse. I mean, people considered CoD4 boatloads better than WaW, even though WaW had less frustrating snipers, less hackers, and best of all-zombies. Along with a longer Pacific campaign. Something about these games are psychologically forcing us into bias...

Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 6:07 am

Call of Duty 4 is the best by country mile and is also the only reason this thread exsists.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 10:44 pm

LOL I said MW2 vs. BlOps. Yes, C.o.D4 is the best Call of Duty, but this is MW2 vs. BlOps.

By the way, do you play STALKER: SoC? If you do, is it good? I'm thinking about purchasing it.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:41 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
LOL I said MW2 vs. BlOps. Yes, C.o.D4 is the best Call of Duty, but this is MW2 vs. BlOps.

By the way, do you play STALKER: SoC? If you do, is it good? I'm thinking about purchasing it.

Hey buddy, I know it's between MW2 and Black Ops but honestly there is no comparison when it comes to COD4 and anybody who doesn't know that, should.

I absolutely loved Shadow of Chernobyl and I can't stress enough why you should get this game!

The nearest game I can compare it to is probably Fallout 3 but even that games pales in comparrison to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series.

The genre is a First-person shooter / survival horror with elements of role-playing and business simulation games.

I knew this game was incredible within the first hour when your set a mission to attack a Russian military base and explore the underground levels. After fighting off the masses of Russian soldies and getting fully immersed into the gun action you then head into the dark underground levels where the atmosphere changes instantly into that of a horror game and your then facing the mutations brought about by the high Radiation levels that have affected Chernobyl and the surrounding area for generations.

Even though the game is set in an alternate reality after 1986 it's still very interesting knowing the Chernobyl nuclear disaster on which it's based was real along with the 20 mile Exclusion Zone in which the game is set.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Sounds great. I don't want the thread to be derailed again, so let's get on topic! I'll buy it though, once I get my 5850.

Anyways, I really change my mind about the lag because it's been patched. And about the age heightining, somehow, even when Black Ops is out, I still hear overweight 8 year olds saying, "One time, this guy called in a nuke, I was like 'yoooooooo!''".
So:

What MW2 has over Black Ops
---
Graphics, Music +1
AI is smarter +2
AC-130 Killstreak is insanely fun to use +2
MW2 has Cold-Blooded to combat cheap air-based killstreaks, but Black Ops has nothing for its '2-kill RCXD' +3
No reviving LOLOLOL +1
Spec Ops +3
MW2 has 12 points

What Black Ops has over MW2
---
No cheap perks; Lightweight isn't as cheap because Commando is non-existent (Even Lightweight/Steady Aim/Marathon with dual HS-1Os is a viable option); Scavenger does not replenish noobtubes and can only be replenished by walking over blue scavenger bags, no Commando or extremely cheap weapons that unlock too quickly +3
Less camp-y maps, more open and less quickscope-friendly +2
In fact, this is the bane of quick/noscopers, or any sniper that is not traditional +2
Zombies are expanded in 3 addicting modes +5
Combat Training and a better campaign +1
Oddly, the demographic is 13-21 +1
Innovative time period +1
Wager Match and Contracts even out the fact that the Currency system is complicated +3
DLC has 5 NEW maps, not 3 new maps and 2 from CoD4 +1
Some maps are just 'open' (WMD, Launch) and others are intense and fun (Nuketown), in MW2 they were all campy (exception: Rust) +1
split-screen online, fucking finally +2
Black Ops has 21

Black Ops is the winner

VERDICT:
If you're tight on money, trade in your old CoDs for a Used Black Ops. If you're not, buy it. Call of Duty is back.

Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Black Ops, but they both suck royally. They all fail in comparison by miles to CoD4, but even then the CoD series as of late has been a low-skill ceiling game so I tend to avoid the games. That and I'm bored of FPS'. Same game over and over.

Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:07 pm

i honestly do not know why ppl think bops has a better campaign. the story was cheesy as can be. & theyre characters had no emotion what-so-ever. do you remember how bowman died? ya me neither. do you remember how ghost & roach died? of cource you do ,BECAUSE IT HAD EMOTION.& then @ the end you find out that your crazy & reznov actually died in vercuda. scratch who the hell was driving the truck when you were escaping vercuda!!!!!???? im all in for twists in a story but that was a M night shamalan twist. lol!

Last edited by sxyness2themax on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Don't even try to justify that fucking awful excuse of a campaign that was Modern Warfare 2. They brutally murdered the narrative and pacing from COD4 and replaced it with a bunch of ludicrous crap. The philosophy behind the campaign was "MOAR EXPLOSIONS." Nothing about MW2's campaign was memorable or compelling. I had to look up the characters you just mentioned because they were so poorly designed.

That ending was predictable, too.

I haven't played Blops campaign though so I can't comment.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:28 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Don't even try to justify that fucking awful excuse of a campaign that was Modern Warfare 2. They brutally murdered the narrative and pacing from COD4 and replaced it with a bunch of ludicrous crap. The philosophy behind the campaign was "MOAR EXPLOSIONS." Nothing about MW2's campaign was memorable or compelling. I had to look up the characters you just mentioned because they were so poorly designed.

That ending was predictable, too.

I haven't played Blops campaign though so I can't comment.

That's about it... Ok, there was the cannon fodder soldier who got killed in the stupidest black op in the history of everything, the cannon fodder soldier that single-handedly took back Burger King from the enemies of America, the dude with the accent who was nothing special but is considered a badass because of the skull on his face (Emile=Ghost?), and the evil general whose master plan makes as much sense as Dr. Evil in Austin Powers... Soap and Price were alright, but MW2 is still one of the biggest "am I supposed to give a shit?" games in history.

"Hey, the US is being attacked, LETS FRY EVERY CIRCUIT IN WASHINGTON!" That's like getting your ass kicked in a boxing match and turning off the lights to give you a fighting chance...
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:56 pm

HEY DUN DISGUSE UR FAEC U LUUK LIKE A RUSSHEN GO KILL PEEPLE IN THE AERPORT WID DA VILENT TERRORIST

-he dies- -massive Russia vs. USA war starts-

Y DA HELL DAT HAPEN I HAD DEH BEST PLAHN EVUR LOL! NAO I KELL HEM CUZ I AFRIAD HE WILL TELL EVERY1 I START DA WAR

WID NO EVIDENCE LOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
HEY DUN DISGUSE UR FAEC U LUUK LIKE A RUSSHEN GO KILL PEEPLE IN THE AERPORT WID DA VILENT TERRORIST

-he dies- -massive Russia vs. USA war starts-

Y DA HELL DAT HAPEN I HAD DEH BEST PLAHN EVUR LOL! NAO I KELL HEM CUZ I AFRIAD HE WILL TELL EVERY1 I START DA WAR

WID NO EVIDENCE LOLOLOLOLOL
ROFL made more sence than bops tho
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 pm

MW2 was action-packed.

It did NOT make sense.

Neither made sense, they both sucked. But Black Ops was longer, so I gave it a point for that.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Well, being longer doesn't mean better. It's all about the quality found within the quantity.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm

LOL neither of them have quality though. And Black Ops has a lot more explosans and while that means nothing in terms of quality, explosans are fun. So when you have

A) Shitty Explosans
B) Shitty but funner Explosans

Which one will you go for?
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 12:04 am

I'm talking about your argument in regards to length. You said the game was short, but that's not a good argument ever because length does not mean better.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Well, now that I think of it I agree with you. I mean, Twilight's some 450 pages but it's terrible. I just gave BlOps points because it's barely understandable and it uses an innovative setting. MW2 didn't make any sense and we already played CoD4
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:22 pm

I would go with Black Ops. One reason is because it's 3D capable, but the more important reason is because it blows MW2 away.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:59 pm

Yah, MW2 was fatally terrible, BlOps was OK.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

Stop talking about dicks.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:09 pm

I was fucking hacked. Thats stupid.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Oh, OK, good. Just thought it was you trolling this website because it's so empty as an experiment to see when anyone would shove a dildo up my ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?   Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops? Empty

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 2 vs. Black Ops?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next