This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Go down 
+4
Blixtstorm
Stoney
ghost23
tr3ykilla
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion Empty
PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok I decided to get this game because of the hype behind it and everyone saying is a good game. But while I was playing it I dint see why people like it so much, I mean its not a bad game but I just cant see why people praise it so much, I think fable is a better game.. not for anything but oblivion reminds me of the worse game ever "Two Worlds"
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:16 pm

I would say its probably harder to appreciate if you have been playing a lot of the newer stuff such as Fallout, Mass Effect etc. But it still seems like a great game to me
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 am

It's for a more mature player, Tr3yKilla. FPS heads need not apply.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 am

Stoney wrote:

lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 pm

You're not alone, tr3ykilla. Oblivion was a huge disappointment, but Bethesda (IMO obviously) haven't put out a decent game since Morrowind and even then that wasn't MINDBLOWINGLY AMAZING.

Last edited by Ihsahn on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:47 am

I don't see what the problem is. From the moment I started playing I knew this game was something special.
Then I couldn't motivate myself to play it for ages.
But then I started it again a few months later and haven't been able to stop since! Even after completion you can keep playing for hundreds of hours more.

There's just so much to do,

Explore the world
Explore the cities
Talk to people
Fight with people
Steal/Pickpocket
Buy/Learn new magic
Buy/Find weapons
Loot
Buy houses
Customise houses
Make everyone like you
Kill people and take their house
Make potions/concoctions
Close Oblivion gates
Become a vampire
Cure yourself of vampirism through finding the witch and collecting necessary herbs
Fight pirates and take their ship (no you can't commandeer it lol)
Ride horses
Go into dungeons
Join guilds and do the guild questlines
Return to locations that played important parts in the questline (for example, Applewatch after you've done the Dark Brotherhood questline)
Complete missions but try to change the outcome a bit, such as try to rescue an argonian that is supposed to be sacrificed (this doesn't affect the outcome but it will result in the argonian being in the Temple of the one or not)
Read books
Go to the arena and become a gladiator
Get an adoring fan
Kill the adoring fan
Enter any building
Level up
Go to prison and escape

and so on!

There's just so much to do in the immersive world. If you stay in one place, you can watch people around you go about their daily routine. People have their work, people have their favourite hang-out spots and people have their attitude.
Some people also need help and ask you to perform tasks for them

Or alternatively you can do all the things I listed above and many more which I've no doubt forgotten.
It's a beast of a game, a game like no other. All games wish they were Oblivion. Even if you don't like Oblivion now.. just wait. You will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Stoney wrote:

Umm what you mean by "Its for a more mature player?" Because Im probably older than most of you guys here. And I'm only 24 years old.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Umm what you mean by "Its for a more mature player?" Because Im probably older than most of you guys here. And I'm only 24 years old.

1986 was a good year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:31 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:
Stoney wrote:

yes it was Wink , I was born in the 80's but I grew up in the 90's in new york city, so the 90's were my better years
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:57 am

tr3ykilla wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:
Stoney wrote:

yes it was Wink , I was born in the 80's but I grew up in the 90's in new york city, so the 90's were my better years

How many times do I have to tell people this. AGE DOES NOT MEAN MATURITY! My 12 year old cousin acts like her mother maturity wise. I am more mature than her. Then there are people in there 20's and 30's that act like they're 13 - 15.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion   The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion Empty

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion
Page 1 of 1