This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT

Go down 
+3
ZeInFormer
cigar
BlackCowsOnIce
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:44 pm

cigar wrote:

Maybe because I'm not autistic and because I had Legos when I was a kid

AHA Very Happy.

Paratrooperino, the fact that you're profile pic is a Lucario makes implications that you're a furry. Just saiyan.

And autism relates to it because to build the bigger, more eye-popping building you have to be addicted and isolated from the world. Autistic people (especially Asperger's victims) don't mind doing this.

Wait, did you just call Minecraft a role-playing game, Para? LOLOLOLOLOL

You do understand RPG stands for ROLE playing game? There is no role in Minecraft!
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:45 pm

Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Paratrooper1n0 wrote:
No way in Hell is New Vegas overpriced. Just saying.
Mixed in with a bunch of better games that cost 10-30 dollars, New Vegas sticks out as more expensive. I mean, if BC2 is 20 dollars and tOB is 30 dollars, and FO3 w/ DLC is 30 dollars and Borderlands is 20 dollars, why should I spend 50 dollars on a decent game if all these gold games are cheaper?

However, when mixed with today's 60 dollars for a 4 hour campaign bullshit, yes, New Vegas sticks out as one of the better deals. I'm just saying it's overpriced when compared to my wishlist .

$60 for a 4 hour campaign would be MW2. New Vegas is more of $60 for hundreds of hours of gameplay. More like underpriced.

Ok, that's what I said. I said IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHER GAMES FOUND AT RETAIL STORES, NV IS UNDERPRICED. But compared to my wishlist, it's one of the more expensive games.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:51 pm

What's your PSU wattage, brand and type (Modular or normal)?
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Uh.... what? Why's that important?

650, Thermaltake, Modular
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:01 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Uh.... what? Why's that important?

650, Thermaltake, Modular
Because I am building my own PC and looking to see what other people are using. My base wattage is at 700, most likely will be an Ultra (Lifetime warranty) and debating whether to get a modular or normal...
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:09 am

It really depends on what your build is. Give me ALL of your details, including:

-Processor
-Video card
-HDD/SDD
-Optical Drive
-RAM
-Case
-Sound card
-Operating System
-The most demanding game you will play and/or if you're a graphics wore or wouldn't give a shit whether you play on Low or High
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:26 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
It really depends on what your build is. Give me ALL of your details, including:

-Processor
-Video card
-HDD/SDD
-Optical Drive
-RAM
-Case
-Sound card
-Operating System
-The most demanding game you will play and/or if you're a graphics wore or wouldn't give a shit whether you play on Low or High

Motherboard: MSI NF980-G65 Motherboard - Socket AM3, NForce 980a SLI, ATX, RAID, SATA, Gbit LAN, Hybrid SLI, 3-Way SLI
CPU cooler: Ultra U12-40602 X-Wind 120mm CPU Cooler

- AMD HDT90ZFBGRBOX Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Six Core Processor - 3.20GHz
- MSI N560GTX GeForce GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr II/OC Video Card - 1028MB, GDDR5 (Will be running SLI in the future.
- 1 - 2 500GB HDD or 750GB + 1 2.5" 80GB HDD.
- HP HPDVD1260I Multiformat DVD Writer. + BD drive in the future.
- Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
- NZXT M59-001BK M59 Gaming Mid Tower Case
- Integrated.
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
- Metro 2033.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 am

Dude, if Metro 2033 is the most demanding game you'll play, you're spending way too much money on processor/video card.

First off, nVidia stinks. Unless you like 3D gimmicks, nVidia is NOT the way to play. Unless the 'way to play' is dusty, loud, racket-y and power consuming cards for 5 more FPS. You want the ATI Radeon 5850.

Also, for the X6 processor, it's not really required. Six-cores aren't really a must as of now. I recommend getting the X4-970 BE or the i5-760.

Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:42 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Dude, if Metro 2033 is the most demanding game you'll play, you're spending way too much money on processor/video card.

First off, nVidia stinks. Unless you like 3D gimmicks, nVidia is NOT the way to play. Unless the 'way to play' is dusty, loud, racket-y and power consuming cards for 5 more FPS. You want the ATI Radeon 5850.

Also, for the X6 processor, it's not really required. Six-cores aren't really a must as of now. I recommend getting the X4-970 BE or the i5-760.

Metro is the most demanding game I could find. Requiring a GTX260 NVidia or an ATI HD 4870 X2. I want to be able to have little to no lag. I personally love NVidia they have never let me down. Never really liked ATI and I don't plan on getting a 3D GPX card. I also want my PC to be future proof so I don't have to upgrade for 5+ years.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:47 am

Oh, if you don't plan on upgrading for about 5 years, yeah, you're pretty good. Just up that wattage to 750. And if you buy anything from XtremeGear prepare for ultimate Hiroshima on your PC.
Back to top Go down
Paratrooper1n0
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Paratrooper1n0

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 am

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
Oh, if you don't plan on upgrading for about 5 years, yeah, you're pretty good. Just up that wattage to 750. And if you buy anything from XtremeGear prepare for ultimate Hiroshima on your PC.

Thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:29 pm

By the way, Crysis with the Real Lifesis Mod (when I play Crysis with that mod, I debate on whether it's a game or just a dream in which I'm in the Nanosuit in real life. The graphics look like the actual world) is very demanding, along with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. BC2 absolutely requires a decent quad core (basically X4-900 series or higher) and anything better than a 4870 to run on anything over Medium at 1680x1050.
I heard the GTX 500 series isn't as rowdy and loud as the GTX 400. Still, nVidia is alot more expensive than ATI for the same performance. It's probably because of Physx and CUDI and 3D and all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT   I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I HAVE A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: PC Gaming-
Jump to: