This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rant: Atheists and Religion

Go down 
+7
NightFang91
igame
Arbiteris
Stoney
Stigma
Noelol
Thebruteslayer17
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
So when your parents die or your loved ones, your comforted by the fact that you will never EVER see them again(according to your beleifs)?That doesnt make you depressed?
No, why would I?

Arbiteris wrote:
Christianity for example doesnt hold any full and completly solid proof
Something we both can agree on Smile

Arbiteris wrote:
but there is evidence out there that god and supernatural beings exist.
Such as...?

Arbiteris wrote:
Hell, everything the bible has said has happened.
Such as...?

Arbiteris wrote:
And there is evidence out there that spirits and demons exist.
Such as...?

Arbiteris wrote:
Hell, there are people out there who their entire career is about handling demons(they are called demonologists)
That doesn't prove anything. Demonology is a branch of theology, not science.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:50 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I need evidence to believe in anything and religion is anything but. I believe when you die it's lights out all out. You can either spend your life enjoying yourself and living life to the full or spend all these precious days worrying about what 'might' come afterwards. The only reason religion and the afterlife exist is only because people can not accept that there is nothing after the life we live now.

There's no need to feel depressed about this, because you won't feel anything. I think some people believe it would be like trapped in a dark room for all of eternity or something?

My idea of an afterlife is to be remembered in death for the good things you did in life and that covers the morality issue which is the only good thing about religion in my opinion.

Incorrect, religion or afterlife isnt just created because people dont want to beleive its lights out.Look at Jesus for example, he was a real man who started christianity.

So when your parents die or your loved ones, your comforted by the fact that you will never EVER see them again(according to your beleifs)?That doesnt make you depressed?

I beleive this universe wasnt here just for the heck of it, I instead beleive athat a greater power created it.

Christianity for example doesnt hold any full and completly solid proof, but there is evidence out there that god and supernatural beings exist.Hell, everything the bible has said has happened.And there is evidence out there that spirits and demons exist.And if demons exist, then angels must exist.And if angels and demons exist, then God and Satan must exist.There is full evidence out there that the world isnt just as it seems.That there are many unexplainable things that have happened and are not scientifically possible.Hell, there are people out there who their entire career is about handling demons(they are called demonologists)

You talk like religious people worry all their life about the afterlife when in fact its the opposite.In real life, many christians are enjoying their life and are faithful and looking foward for the afterlife.They are at peace knowing that there is a much better life in the end.See, this world we live in is a terrible place, I am comforted that there is a place where there is such thing as peace.

I think your confused, I never said religious people worry all their life about the afterlife. I merely said there's no need to worry about whether there is an afterlife whether your religous or not is all.

True, Jesus was a real man who told a good message (That's why I said in my previous post that the morals in Christianity are a good thing). But how does his existence give evidence that there is an afterlife though?
You need not look any further than the mere word 'Faith' to understand that it means belief in something that is not based on proof.

I don't doubt it's easier to believe that you will see your family members again in the afterlife after they die, but just because it's easier to believe that does it really make it true?

If everything in The Bible is true then please explain why the Bible also says the Earth is only 6000 years old? So at what point during those 6000 years were the Dinosaurs knocking about?

Personally I believe I live a decent life and I probably commit no more sins than some devout Christians so please explain why I would burn in Hell for my sins if I haven't comitted any? Or is not been God fearing considered the greatest sin of all? If that is the case then that's not my idea of Religion, more like tyranny.

Either way whatever message Jesus brought with him 2000 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The Vatican makes Christianity look more like a Hierarchy than a Religion and the Vatican even aided many Nazi's escape Justice by helping them flee Europe to settle in Argentina at the end of WWII and in more recent times they protect paedophile priests so who are they to judge what's right or wrong?

Jesus was a sinless man.Meaning he did absolutly nothing wrong and barely was human(seeing as we sin every day, he never did)

Why the hell do athiests always say that the bible says the world is only 6000 years old?The Bible says that the world was created in 7 days, but doesnt specify how long those days are.Each day could possibly be a 100 million years(not saying it is, but its possible)

You have comited sins.hell, you have committed hundreds of sins a day.So have I and every other human being.It is because we are a race full of sin.The difference between aethiests and christians is that we ask for forgiveness, athiests do not.Christianity is not about fear at all, christians do not fear the afterlife or god.

So your using the fact that MAN(such as the vatican) have done sinful things against chirstianity.Once again, men do terrible things.There have been huge corruption in the christian churches in the past(today there still is).But do you think god or the bible tells them to do those things?Ill tell you right now that all those pedophile preists will get whats coming for them in the afterlife.

Hey man, these are just my views.I usually dont like debating about religion because the debates always go on forever.So im going to end this debate.I nor anyone like to be told that what we belive in is false.

@nightfang, Go google it if you want.I know from personal experiences that supernatural things exist.Im not going to bother giving you 10 links to stuff.

PS, Science=nothing when it comes to the supernatural or the paranormal.Hell, can you explain how the universe was created?Do you think science will ever give you the answer that doesnt include a god?I dont think so
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm

The way I see it, religion is represented badly by people. I could make atheism look bad by showing the example of the Soviet Union. An atheistic state that killed 100's upon 100's of million people. Do I think atheism condones that? Absolutely not. I'm Muslim and I don't condone terrorism nor does the Quran. People usually bring up quotes they find on the internet and show it to me. I laugh at the fact that these people never shows the verse before it or afterward. It's usually talking about a historic time in a historic context. In general, people are ignorant and when they see a terrorist on the tv or hear that a priest in the vatican had committed sodomy, most people think of the religion as a jumbled mess.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
@nightfang, Go google it if you want.I know from personal experiences that supernatural things exist.Im not going to bother giving you 10 links to stuff.

PS, Science=nothing when it comes to the supernatural or the paranormal.Hell, can you explain how the universe was created?Do you think science will ever give you the answer that doesnt include a god?I dont think so
I did Google and came up with nothing.

Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 The_data_so_far

Can you explain how the universe was created? Nope, didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:41 am

Arbiteris wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
I need evidence to believe in anything and religion is anything but. I believe when you die it's lights out all out. You can either spend your life enjoying yourself and living life to the full or spend all these precious days worrying about what 'might' come afterwards. The only reason religion and the afterlife exist is only because people can not accept that there is nothing after the life we live now.

There's no need to feel depressed about this, because you won't feel anything. I think some people believe it would be like trapped in a dark room for all of eternity or something?

My idea of an afterlife is to be remembered in death for the good things you did in life and that covers the morality issue which is the only good thing about religion in my opinion.

Incorrect, religion or afterlife isnt just created because people dont want to beleive its lights out.Look at Jesus for example, he was a real man who started christianity.

I beleive this universe wasnt here just for the heck of it, I instead beleive athat a greater power created it.

Christianity for example doesnt hold any full and completly solid proof, but there is evidence out there that god and supernatural beings exist.Hell, everything the bible has said has happened.And there is evidence out there that spirits and demons exist.And if demons exist, then angels must exist.And if angels and demons exist, then God and Satan must exist.There is full evidence out there that the world isnt just as it seems.That there are many unexplainable things that have happened and are not scientifically possible.Hell, there are people out there who their entire career is about handling demons(they are called demonologists)

You talk like religious people worry all their life about the afterlife when in fact its the opposite.In real life, many christians are enjoying their life and are faithful and looking foward for the afterlife.They are at peace knowing that there is a much better life in the end.See, this world we live in is a terrible place, I am comforted that there is a place where there is such thing as peace.

I think your confused, I never said religious people worry all their life about the afterlife. I merely said there's no need to worry about whether there is an afterlife whether your religous or not is all.

True, Jesus was a real man who told a good message (That's why I said in my previous post that the morals in Christianity are a good thing). But how does his existence give evidence that there is an afterlife though?
You need not look any further than the mere word 'Faith' to understand that it means belief in something that is not based on proof.

I don't doubt it's easier to believe that you will see your family members again in the afterlife after they die, but just because it's easier to believe that does it really make it true?

If everything in The Bible is true then please explain why the Bible also says the Earth is only 6000 years old? So at what point during those 6000 years were the Dinosaurs knocking about?

Personally I believe I live a decent life and I probably commit no more sins than some devout Christians so please explain why I would burn in Hell for my sins if I haven't comitted any? Or is not been God fearing considered the greatest sin of all? If that is the case then that's not my idea of Religion, more like tyranny.

Either way whatever message Jesus brought with him 2000 years ago doesn't exist anymore. The Vatican makes Christianity look more like a Hierarchy than a Religion and the Vatican even aided many Nazi's escape Justice by helping them flee Europe to settle in Argentina at the end of WWII and in more recent times they protect paedophile priests so who are they to judge what's right or wrong?

Jesus was a sinless man.Meaning he did absolutly nothing wrong and barely was human(seeing as we sin every day, he never did)

Why the hell do athiests always say that the bible says the world is only 6000 years old?The Bible says that the world was created in 7 days, but doesnt specify how long those days are.Each day could possibly be a 100 million years(not saying it is, but its possible)

You have comited sins.hell, you have committed hundreds of sins a day.So have I and every other human being.It is because we are a race full of sin.The difference between aethiests and christians is that we ask for forgiveness, athiests do not.Christianity is not about fear at all, christians do not fear the afterlife or god.

So your using the fact that MAN(such as the vatican) have done sinful things against chirstianity.Once again, men do terrible things.There have been huge corruption in the christian churches in the past(today there still is).But do you think god or the bible tells them to do those things?Ill tell you right now that all those pedophile preists will get whats coming for them in the afterlife.

Hey man, these are just my views.I usually dont like debating about religion because the debates always go on forever.So im going to end this debate.I nor anyone like to be told that what we belive in is false.

It's ok, I don't usually debate about religion anyway because in England religion is something people keep more personal and never tend to discuss very much because nobody wants to be preached to no matter what the context. Whereas North America is more like Jesus Land so I understand where your coming from and I don't mean to cause any offence when I tell my point of view.

The only point I would like to make is, if Science can't answer a question about the Universe or how it was created, how is it logical to then assume an invisible deity from a particular religion is the answer instead?

In relation to that point I leave you with this video.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant: Atheists and Religion   Rant: Atheists and Religion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant: Atheists and Religion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2