This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales

Go down 
+7
tehpanterafan
343_Guilty_Spark
GeneralMLD
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
cannibalshinobi
miroforlife
11 posters
AuthorMessage
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales Empty
PostSubject: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:00 pm

well in 2010 halo reach and natal is coming
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

true but i doubt it, xbox 360 would also need another price drop to even have a chance.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:30 pm

It's very possible. The psp is behind the wii by just 2 million. I'm sure that eventually, the Xbox 360 will overtake the psp because of Natal and future games/ online features and therefore, the wii too. Btw this should be in the sales/stats/predictions topic shouldn't it?
Do you think I should move this thread there?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

I doubt it. The Wii is pretty far ahead.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 3:19 am

the wii isnt our objective to beat, its to ally against ps3 Razz
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:04 am

The Wii does 2 things for the Xbox 360. It takes sales away from PS3 and it grows non-gamers into gamers.

When Natal hits all those new gamers will go nuts. They'll want to drop their WiiMotes for the full body motion control of Natal.

MS was smart to wait to let Nintendo test the waters. Look at Sony, nobody even seems to remember that the PS3 controller has motion control and now the company is trying to come up with a weird wand controller that you have to buy two of and yous till have to buy a camera to go with it. How many people are really going to do that. They can barely even get their costumers to buy their best games.

Natal is going to be a relaunch of the Xbox 360 brand. It's going to be huge and bring in all kinds of new players. There's the Wii owners ready for some thing more hardcore and there's all the people who will see the adds for Natal and want to play it.

MS already has the hardcore market and now they'll be getting the casual market as well.

Could the Xbox 360/Natal beat the Wii this gen? It just might.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
tehpanterafan
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Here's an idea: why not ally with the 360 and PS3 and beat out the Wii?

Seriously, though, I doubt it will happen. First of all, people grew up with Nintendo. They've been making consoles longer than Sony and Microsoft. So a huge chunk of people who aren't the most hardcore gamers, but grew up with an NES or SNES or whatever are going to buy the Wii, especially since the Virtual Console allows them to relive their childhood. So people have a certain trust in Nintendo. It's like Nintendo waited for them to get older and got them back into gaming. On top of that, it's the cheapest next-gen console on the market (technically the Xbox 360 Arcade is the cheapest, but you can't get that full experience without buying an overpriced hard drive or just stepping up to an Elite), and there is only one SKU, meaning that buying a Wii is easier than buying a 360 or PS3. Not to mention that Nintendo is a Japanese company, so they have a huge fanbase in Japan.

In North America, the 360 has a slim chance. Globally, there's no way. I'm thinking that even Sony will sell more globally because of their huge market in Japan.
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:31 am

No, the Wii is too far ahead at this moment, however, if Natal is a huge success then perhaps Wii owners and casual gamers will switch to 360 just because they thing Natal is "cool". If that happens then sales will skyrocket.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 7:38 am

tehpanterafan wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Seriously, though, I doubt it will happen. First of all, people grew up with Nintendo. They've been making consoles longer than Sony and Microsoft. So a huge chunk of people who aren't the most hardcore gamers, but grew up with an NES or SNES or whatever are going to buy the Wii, especially since the Virtual Console allows them to relive their childhood. So people have a certain trust in Nintendo. It's like Nintendo waited for them to get older and got them back into gaming. On top of that, it's the cheapest next-gen console on the market (technically the Xbox 360 Arcade is the cheapest, but you can't get that full experience without buying an overpriced hard drive or just stepping up to an Elite), and there is only one SKU, meaning that buying a Wii is easier than buying a 360 or PS3. Not to mention that Nintendo is a Japanese company, so they have a huge fanbase in Japan.

In North America, the 360 has a slim chance. Globally, there's no way. I'm thinking that even Sony will sell more globally because of their huge market in Japan.

I'm fine with that. Razz I do like ps3 after all, just not too keen on the fanboys.

I may get a ps3 in the future and then with 2 systems I have the best gaming experience this generation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 8:35 am

tehpanterafan wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You do realize that Japan is only the 3rd largest gaming market now right?
http://kotaku.com/5150243/britain-overtakes-japan-to-become-worlds-second+biggest-market
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 11:41 am

Wii is to far ahead.Wii is also starting to get cool games.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:14 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
True, the wii doesnt have cultist fanboys spamming the internet (or at least youtube) with Gay for LIFE! The main reason this war is going on is because of ELDOUCHEBAG and SolidNobody.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Ducky
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 3:36 pm

i dont think so the wii is open to a huger market compared to the 360 and ps3 it would take alot more then natal and halo reach to get more sales then the wii, im not sure natal will capture the audience cuase sony released the eyetoy during the ps2 gen and it was a commercial failure and from the looks of things natal looks very similar to the eyetoy apart from the fact its slightly more advanced in the end i doubt it will pass the wii in sales mostly becuase its like the ipod its a household name everyone knows about the wii
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales   can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales Empty

Back to top Go down

can the xbox 360 beat the wii in sales
Page 1 of 1