This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forza vs Gran Turismo 5

Go down 
+8
Master_Chief
C_Panda
buddhapride69
343_Guilty_Spark
Pulsar
J77
Humantargetman
DemonWolf
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 Empty
PostSubject: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:45 pm

I've seen so much conflict over this and the debating seems to go on and on. I just wanted to share my views on this.

Alright.
Gran Turismo series is a great series. Personally not really my type of thing but I can see why people enjoy it. Well, Forza has taken elements of the GT games and added new ingredients to make a brand new, fresh racing experience.
In my opinion, Forza 3 beats each of the gran turismo games so far.
But because gt5 still isn't out xbox 360 fanboys tend to say that forza is better just because polyphony "pussied out".
I suppose it is a disadvantage for ps3 owners to have to wait a little longer to get their exclusive racing game when we got ours earlier and possibly and more or less the same standard. But I don't really think it's right to say that forza, the actual game, is better than gt5 because even if gt5 takes ages to come out and steals a lot of elements from forza, providing it is a better game...then the time its been developed for doesn't really come into it. I think that as long as a game is as good as another, it doesn't matter what time it comes out because by the time it does come out, as long as it's as good as the other one, credit is still due.

But of course, we don't know when gt5 will come out or how good it will be so, it could go either way. It could be a complete flop or it could improve upon everything forza 3 did well.
Once the two games are out, I don't think you should bother laughing at how long it took for it to come out because they will have the game, and that's all that matters really.
But if of course, if the game itself isn't as good as forza 3, then you have reason to laugh. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:58 pm

Turn 10 brag too much IMO. But those guys are very consistent. All entries in the Forza franchise have been great. And although PS3 users have had to wait a bit longer, GT5 looks to be a very big, and ambitious game, and if they can pull it off it'll also be great.
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:59 pm

are u givin an inch of props to the competition!!!! im gona start a petition to get u banned!!!!! anything i dont like i petition until i get my way!!!!!!!.......wow i got into ps3 fanboy character for a second......anyways all i gota say gt5 better be phenomenal for them to take 5years.
Back to top Go down
Pulsar
Seaman Recruit
Pulsar

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:17 pm

pspvampire wrote:
I've seen so much conflict over this and the debating seems to go on and on. I just wanted to share my views on this.

Alright.
Gran Turismo series is a great series. Personally not really my type of thing but I can see why people enjoy it. Well, Forza has taken elements of the GT games and added new ingredients to make a brand new, fresh racing experience.
In my opinion, Forza 3 beats each of the gran turismo games so far.
But because gt5 still isn't out xbox 360 fanboys tend to say that forza is better just because polyphony "pussied out".
I suppose it is a disadvantage for ps3 owners to have to wait a little longer to get their exclusive racing game when we got ours earlier and possibly and more or less the same standard. But I don't really think it's right to say that forza, the actual game, is better than gt5 because even if gt5 takes ages to come out and steals a lot of elements from forza, providing it is a better game...then the time its been developed for doesn't really come into it. I think that as long as a game is as good as another, it doesn't matter what time it comes out because by the time it does come out, as long as it's as good as the other one, credit is still due.

But of course, we don't know when gt5 will come out or how good it will be so, it could go either way. It could be a complete flop or it could improve upon everything forza 3 did well.
Once the two games are out, I don't think you should bother laughing at how long it took for it to come out because they will have the game, and that's all that matters really.
But if of course, if the game itself isn't as good as forza 3, then you have reason to laugh. Smile

Yeah very true.The "5 years in development argument" is kinda weak.
I guess good things come to those who wait
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:29 pm

Development time does matter.

In the time it has taken Polyphony to work on and still not yet release GT5 Turn 10 has been able to release 2 AAA racing games that have moved the sim genre forward more than any other franchise since the release of the original Gran Turismo.

Now that Forza 3 is out Turn 10 will be going back to work on Forza 4 and you can bet that it will be an even bigger game and still release around the same time or sooner than GT6.

Gran Turismo used to preside over the console racing sim genre, but now it lives in the shadow of the new king of racing, the Forza franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
buddhapride69
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
buddhapride69

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

In the time it has taken Polyphony to work on and still not yet release GT5 Turn 10 has been able to release 2 AAA racing games that have moved the sim genre forward more than any other franchise since the release of the original Gran Turismo.

Now that Forza 3 is out Turn 10 will be going back to work on Forza 4 and you can bet that it will be an even bigger game and still release around the same time or sooner than GT6.

Gran Turismo used to preside over the console racing sim genre, but now it lives in the shadow of the new king of racing, the Forza franchise.

if my maths is correct then gt5 has to be a AAAAAA tittle if not WE MUST START A PETITION RAWWRRR LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/buddhapride69
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:28 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I didn't want to bother with this stupid thread, but when I saw your post I had to. I applaud you sir! Bravo, and well said! And if you add up all the averages from metacritic, the forza series has a higher average then gt series.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 11:32 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I totally agree. And the amount of time that PD has been making GT fans wait for this game is just beyond ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 4:52 pm

Racing games are my lease favorite genre. I played GT:P at a friends house and it was a snooze fest. I haven't played Forza yet, but it looks a lot better.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:06 am

1 game is out now and the other will release after we all die of old age.

pig
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 am

no matter how good GT5 is, my opinion is that

AAA + AAA > AAA
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Ducky
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 4:35 pm

oh god GT is just taking too much time to get finished they should really prioritise better the game should have been finished by now but no.... luckily for me turn10 can keep up to release dates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza vs Gran Turismo 5   Forza vs Gran Turismo 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza vs Gran Turismo 5
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: