This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Console Wars Of Old

Go down 
+4
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
daveMastaKill
Mr. Cole Drake
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

The Console Wars Of Old Empty
PostSubject: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 am

I'm not sure how old everyone is here, but when I was growing up, the biggest rivalry was between Nintendo and Sega. I eventually ended up owning both Genesis and SNES, but I had the Genesis first and was Sega exclusive for a few years. Even after my parents finally bought me a SNES, I always preferred the Genesis. My biggest reason back in the day was that the Genesis' controller was more simple with 3 buttons vs. the SNES which had 6. I had just come off the NES and 6 buttons was too intimidating for my tastes. Genesis also sported Comix Zone, which is still one of my favorite retro games to date. Sonic was also cooler then Mario back then IMO. I played all the Super Mario games on NES to death and I was ready for something new. Sonic was exactly what the doctor ordered. I played them all to death...even bought he expansion pack that lets you play as knuckles and loved every minute of it.

Last point I want to make was that Genesis supported a blood code on Mortal Kombat where Nintendo's version was completely edited. I still remember the blood code to this day I used it so many times. A,B,A,C,A,B,B at the text screen before the menu screen appears. The letters all turned red and you were good to go. MK on the SNES felt very watered down in comparison.

So yeah, that's my 2 cents on the matter. Anyone here been alive long enough to have an opinion?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 3:33 pm

I've got both but was too young to understand a shit about console wars. I'l i wanted was to play the games really. Only when i grew older by the end of the of the PlayStation, N64 and Saturn era is when i started to understand that some consoles really fits me best than others.
That's why i skipped the Dreamcast and chossed the PS2 cuz i really didn't enjoyed the Saturn.

But normally by the end of each Gen i get all of them but there are always those to me that are better.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:30 pm

The first console war thing I got in was GBA vs PS2 lmao only because I didn't have a ps2. I mean I always knew it is a superior console (well it's obvious haha) but I loved to debate it over with my friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:42 pm

I used to have PS1 vs N64 debates with my friend who was a huge Nintendo fan.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I was to young to understand the console war.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

lol I owned both and have to say N64 ownz.
The games just feel more solid and they don't have those annoying shaky textures like ps1!!!
But still, ps1 was good for its time but it didn't have Legend Of Zelda. Very Happy lol but soon, when the modders have done enough work on the emulator, I will be able to play Ocarina Of time on my PSP full speed!! WOOHOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:13 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

The games just feel more solid and they don't have those annoying shaky textures like ps1!!!
Well N64 was 64 bit and PS1 32 bit. That being said graphics doesnt automatically mean better game.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Well N64 was 64 bit and PS1 32 bit. That being said graphics doesnt automatically mean better game.

True. Jaguar was 64 bits and was a piece of shit. The problem with the N64 were the cartridges, they were just to small to fit some games. But still was an amazing system.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 8:55 pm

The console war this time around is a lot worse! Considering Sony fanboys are the worst fanboys of any kind that have ever existed.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:00 pm

C_Panda wrote:
The console war this time around is a lot worse! Considering Sony fanboys are the worst fanboys of any kind that have ever existed.
Very true. They will go down in gaming history as the sorest losers ever.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
E3 2006, never forget. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 pm

C_Panda wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Wasnt it E3 of 2008 that FF was announced for 360? That was a glorious day as the voices of many brownies cried out in agony. lol
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 9:53 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Wasnt it E3 of 2008 that FF was announced for 360? That was a glorious day as the voices of many brownies cried out in agony. lol
I wasn't referring to that. But, that was the day the brownies killed themselves. I was referring about Sony having the most laughable E3 ever in 2006. GIANT ENEMY CRAB! RIDddGE rACERz.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

Yeah, back in 6th grade, I remember getting into a debate with a kid in my science class over N64 vs. PS1. He kept trying to tell me PS1 had better looking games even though N64 was twice as powerful.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:09 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Yeah, back in 6th grade, I remember getting into a debate with a kid in my science class over N64 vs. PS1. He kept trying to tell me PS1 had better looking games even though N64 was twice as powerful.
lol Thats pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

True. Jaguar was 64 bits and was a piece of shit. The problem with the N64 were the cartridges, they were just to small to fit some games. But still was an amazing system.

I remember hearing somewhere that the Jaguar actually only had 32bits, but the guys at Atari did some complex math formulas and somehow figured with everything in the system put together, it somehow added up to 64 bits. The games did look like ass, however.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Hmm, Sony fantards haven't changed.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 pm

C_Panda wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Nope they sure haven't.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

Nope they sure haven't.
They've actually gotten worse. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Playstation 2 was better than the XBOX (because i didn't have it) but when I look at them both, their the same. Now I have an Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 is good, but the fanboys are TERRIBLE and make me hate the ps3...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Project Natal Informer wrote:
Playstation 2 was better than the XBOX (because i didn't have it) but when I look at them both, their the same. Now I have an Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 is good, but the fanboys are TERRIBLE and make me hate the ps3...

Same here....and the fact the majority of there fanboys are middle aged men. Pathetic!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Of Old   The Console Wars Of Old Empty

Back to top Go down

The Console Wars Of Old
Page 1 of 1