This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers

Go down 
+17
Inuboy1000
Freemon34'
Zapp Brannigan
Kendo
danny100
xjosh360s
gamerdude
DuDZZ
Arbiteris
Stigma
343_Guilty_Spark
Big_Boss429
DemonWolf
Stoney
Zombl337
spartan225
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you agree?
Yes
Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Vote_lcap51%Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Vote_rcap
 51% [ 29 ]
No
Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Vote_lcap49%Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Vote_rcap
 49% [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 57

AuthorMessage
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Empty
PostSubject: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:33 pm

According to VGChartz all the ps3 games combined(thats 391 games) only sold 175.19 million whereas the top 200 xbox 360 games added together sold 254.65 million(thats over 80 million more) and if you add up all the games(534 games) 360 has sold it is 297.62 million. Just proving that yet again most ps3 owners arent gamers anymore.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:42 pm

A lot of PS3's are solely used as Blu-Ray Players.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 5:04 pm

I dont agree....But if you were to say PS3 fanboys are "fake" gamers then yes!!! I agree
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 12:21 pm

I reckon a lot bought it mainly for blu ray but bought games on it as well just for the sake of it.
I still think 360 owners tend to be more gaming-obsessed. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:30 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
I dont agree....But if you were to say PS3 fanboys are "fake" gamers then yes!!! I agree
Why dont you agree?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 pm

spartan225 wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:
Why dont you agree?

Because there are a PS3 gamers that think the Trey brotherhood is has retarded as we do! I showed a friend(PS3 gamer) of mine a clip of Elpresador on Youtube and he thought it was a joke...literally he thought Elpres was being paid to act like a child and then I informed him that hes the king of the kids on youtube and he does it because he loves the ps3

Anyway back to the point, PS3 fanboys not real gamers...but not everyone is a fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Big_Boss429

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 1:56 am

spartan225 wrote:
According to VGChartz all the ps3 games combined(thats 391 games) only sold 175.19 million whereas the top 200 xbox 360 games added together sold 254.65 million(thats over 80 million more) and if you add up all the games(534 games) 360 has sold it is 297.62 million. Just proving that yet again most ps3 owners arent gamers anymore.

1.There's a larger user base on 360
2.halo 3, modern warfare 2, and gtaiv take a huge chunk out of that
3. That doesn't mean that ps3 owners aren't gamers(I should know, I am one.) But games sell more on 360, and I think ps3 owners should start buying more games. Uncharted 2 onl sold a million so far, that's ridiculous. After all the hype, ps3 fanboys give it, they should actually buy the game. Especially since it's really good.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 am

Big_Boss429 wrote:
spartan225 wrote:

1.There's a larger user base on 360
2.halo 3, modern warfare 2, and gtaiv take a huge chunk out of that
3. That doesn't mean that ps3 owners aren't gamers(I should know, I am one.) But games sell more on 360, and I think ps3 owners should start buying more games. Uncharted 2 onl sold a million so far, that's ridiculous. After all the hype, ps3 fanboys give it, they should actually buy the game. Especially since it's really good.

1. There is only about 6 million more Xbox 360s in peoples homes worldwide than the PS3. The ratio is waaaaaaaaay off if it's mearly due to console sales.

2. Yeah, Halo 3 is better than everything on PS3, so it sells.

3. Gamers who own PS3 buy games, but most of those 26 million PS3 in homes today aren't own by gamers, they're owned by Blu-Ray watchers.

This is a Xbox 360 fan forum. If you not here to root for the home team then why are you here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 8:26 pm

hey shut up! my uncle bought a PS3 for blueray, but just because he only has two cheap ass games he never plays doesn't mean he's not a gamer!!!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
hey shut up! my uncle bought a PS3 for blueray, but just because he only has two cheap ass games he never plays doesn't mean he's not a gamer!!!

He certainly doesnt seem like a gamer lolz.Im just kiddin(kinda).
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

i agree 100%

almost everyone i know got a ps3 to watch blueray movies
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Well the only time I use my ps3 is when my bro comes down but other than that 360 all day
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 am

yes i agree all the ps3 fanboys i know only play one game and know nothing about gaming
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 am

remember a few things here

1. there are more Xbox360 than PS3 users

2. Xbox users are often younger who have more free time and money while PS3 users tend to be older with less free time and more bills and responsibilities
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyMon May 03, 2010 10:11 am

Xbox 360 is where the real gamers are at.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:19 pm

You cannot argue with the facts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:48 pm

I have a friend who bought a launch PS3 and pretty much only plays PS2 games on it. He doesn't even watch Blu-rays on it either, just upscaled DVD's.

Also, there's always the chance that PS3 owners buy alot of used games, which I doubt would be counted in this data.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I have a friend who bought a launch PS3 and pretty much only plays PS2 games on it. He doesn't even watch Blu-rays on it either, just upscaled DVD's.

Also, there's always the chance that PS3 owners buy alot of used games, which I doubt would be counted in this data.

lol why should ps3 owners buy any more used games than 360 owners? Wink
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

lol why should ps3 owners buy any more used games than 360 owners? Wink

Maybe because the 360 scratches discs. Just look at that old BBC video that he filmed at his local blockbuster.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:56 am

I absolutely agree. Majority of PS3 owners do not play games. Majority of them now only use it for Netflix or Bluray.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:08 pm

I've never come across this. I don't know anyone with a PS3 who doesn't use it for games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm

GGM wrote:
I've never come across this. I don't know anyone with a PS3 who doesn't use it for games.

AVGN

I agree though, I'd say maybe 1/5 use it primarily for blueray, but still have at least a couple of games for it.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:53 pm

why do you guys care so much about them buying it for blue ray, its a bad thing for microsoft and you guys if you care about which console is better
Back to top Go down
GamerKing
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
GamerKing

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm going to say it because I do not give a F, but I see PS3 gamers(if they are) as casuals.

Why?

Because they know nothing about true gaming, all they think about is graphics. They think graphics make a game. The only games they play are sports games and they do not even buy there exclusives. They only watch blue ray.

My little cousin has a PS3 and he mostly uses it for blue ray.

PS3 gamers are not pure gamers. PC is not even suppose to be mean't for gaming, yet PC gamers are more pure then PS3.

PS3 focuses on other things instead of gaming, while the 360 is PURE GAMING and thats all.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:40 pm

GamerKing wrote:
I'm going to say it because I do not give a F, but I see PS3 gamers(if they are) as casuals.

Why?

Because they know nothing about true gaming, all they think about is graphics. They think graphics make a game. The only games they play are sports games and they do not even buy there exclusives. They only watch blue ray.

My little cousin has a PS3 and he mostly uses it for blue ray.

PS3 gamers are not pure gamers. PC is not even suppose to be mean't for gaming, yet PC gamers are more pure then PS3.

PS3 focuses on other things instead of gaming, while the 360 is PURE GAMING and thats all.

Yup. Also, most just got ps3's because they just continued buying Sony's products. They only know the playstation brand.

Look:
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/other-gaming-general-talk-f2/how-many-ps3-owners-are-gamers-t6507.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers   Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Ps3 owners are still not gamers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: