This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft

Go down 
+3
Zombl337
Master_Chief
C_Panda
7 posters
AuthorMessage
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft Empty
PostSubject: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Quote :
Corrinne Yu is Principal Engine Architect at Halo Team Microsoft. She is a 1st Party Halo Lead. She is the first and only female Technical Lead of the whole Microsoft Game Studios. With almost 20 years of programming experience in large companies, she has programmed games and engines since the beginning of the 3D game industry and was an early pioneer of game engine development. She has worked as Director of Technology of several 3D game companies like ION Storm and Gearbox and was Lead Programmer of an early version of the Prey engine. She is the first female founding member of Microsoft's Direct 3D Advisory Board and Graphics Advisory Board. Besides gaming, she had programmed on the Space Shuttle Project at Rockwell International California. She had designed and conducted accelerator experiments at LINAC in California and the accelerator at Brookhaven National Laboratory. Her nuclear physics research had won her a national award from the U.S. Department of Energy. She volunteered time in the past to advise on CUDA, visual computer and GPU simulation at NVidia. She remains active on the GAB and continues to volunteer time to review the designs of new Direct 3Ds.
This woman is talented! She's beautiful, smart, and look at her resume! Wow.
You can see the interview here: http://channel9.msdn.com/shows/InsideXbox/Corrinne-Yu-Principal-Engine-Architect-Halo-Team-Microsoft/#Page=1

She's the lead of Microsoft's internal Halo team, and her husband works their too. He was an artist at iD(they made Doom). This combination should make the internal Halo team simply amazing. Also, be warned the interview is lengthy 37 minutes, but it's worth it. It has very informative stuff!
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:25 pm

I Think with this husband/wife graphics team we will start to see 360 do things that nobody thought it was capable of. I think there will also be improvements made to the 360 SDKs as well. Which is what I think this X engine stuff is all about.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
I Think with this husband/wife graphics team we will start to see 360 do things that nobody thought it was capable of. I think there will also be improvements made to the 360 SDKs as well. Which is what I think this X engine stuff is all about.
Yep, and they're working on future tech, too!
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:28 pm

She is fuckin gorgeous, and her english is damn good!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Just look at her resume!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:36 pm

God I love Asian chicks!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:44 pm

She's good looking
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:47 pm

So nobody has any comments on what she actually said? lol
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:48 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
So nobody has any comments on what she actually said? lol

LOL
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:53 pm

The fact that no one is saying about what she said just shows that no one understands it. But, I do.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:06 pm

C_Panda wrote:
The fact that no one is saying about what she said just shows that no one understands it. But, I do.

Who cares about what she says.her looks speak louder than her words.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Ugh, nevermind. Maybe you guys should stop masturbating, and listen to what she says. It's intelligent stuff, if you have the brain capacity for it.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Masturbating?? Its 33 mins long....Anyway you know by my recent post I havent a clue about the technical side of gaming....But Asian chicks are sexy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:14 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
Masturbating?? Its 33 mins long....Anyway you know by my recent post I havent a clue about the technical side of gaming....But Asian chicks are sexy! Very Happy

Yeah I tried listening, but after it became obvious that she wasn't going to be giving ANY details on the next Halo I turned it off. She's a good looking woman though and she has the skills and experience to keep Halo at the forefront of technology for at least the next decade. S0ny fantards should cry about that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:49 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
Some people can masturbate for that long. lol!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:04 pm

C_Panda wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:
Some people can masturbate for that long. lol!

A Cocaine induced wank!! lol!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Lol.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:42 pm

Interesting what she said about 360's texture rendering ability and flexability and how developers so far haven't really utilised the 360.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:25 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Interesting what she said about 360's texture rendering ability and flexability and how developers so far haven't really utilised the 360.
I know. Nobody has used 360 properly,yet. Again, they weren't forced to, and now that Sony is trying, it's pushing Ms to do better.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:04 am

C_Panda wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
I know. Nobody has used 360 properly,yet. Again, they weren't forced to, and now that Sony is trying, it's pushing Ms to do better.

Begun the graphics war has...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Yep, and 360 will rape ps3 in 2010.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:22 am

now i cant wait till i see halo reaches art design omg goosebumps, and a boner. now gone with a hurting hand and an hour past time frame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft   WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft Empty

Back to top Go down

WOW! Corrinne Yu: Principal Engine Architect, Halo Team at Microsoft
Page 1 of 1