This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best graphics ever seen on a console?

Go down 
+11
DuDZZ
lastplace4life
Blixtstorm
*Fuu*
Arbiteris
dreadraptor85
343_Guilty_Spark
daveMastaKill
Master_Chief
averagejoe
DemonWolf
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Empty
PostSubject: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:49 pm

It's just so impressive!!!
And this is the Xbox 360 version too!
00:30 a small info screen thing pops up and shows buttons you must press and they're from 360 controller.

What do you guys think, best console graphics? (not including pc)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:15 pm

uncharted 2, MGS4 and gears of war 2 all have gr8 graphics but yh your right this looks amazing. a must buy?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Yeah this games graphics definitely look way better than Uncharted 2. Plus the draw distance I've seen in other footage is incredible. Best graphics on a console without a doubt.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:12 pm

This plus Mass Effect 2, SC Conviction, Alan Wake, Halo Reach, FABLE III will be a year full of some heavy competition.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The only reason Uncharted 2 was briefly the best looking games is Sony put EVERYTHING they had into it. Naughty Dog pushed the PS3 to it's limits to squeeze every last graphical effect they could out of it. The PS3 is maxed out. If a 1st party developer with all the support of Sony behind them says it used 100% of the PS3 power you better believe it. Sony was under pressure to justify it's high price and they needed graphics for that. Uncharted 2 is only proof of one thing; Sony needed graphics more than anyone else. Now that Uncharted 2 has set the bar, you can bet that other developers are going to step up to raise it farther.

Just Cause 2 is an example of that. The Xbox 360 can do just as much if not more than the PS3. Want more proof, look at Alan Wake, or wait for Halo Reach. Sony has backed themselves into a corner in the middle of a war they can't possible win surround be grenades from the best developers on the planet. It won't be long before Uncharted 2 is considered old tech.

Begun this graphics war has...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 am

Dude, Wii Music has better graphics.

HD!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:42 pm

averagejoe wrote:
uncharted 2, MGS4 and gears of war 2 all have gr8 graphics but yh your right this looks amazing. a must buy?

Obviously a must-buy.
I loved the first game.
It lacked in graphics and animation and physics and all of that stuff but the core gameplay is soooo addictive.
Its strongest points were:

Amazing draw distance
Really dynamic, crazy gameplay (eg: jump from vehicle to vehicle, pull out your parachute glider thingy whenever you like, use grappling hook to attach to helicopters or planes or something, hijack them, etc)

From these gameplay vids I can tell the game has been improved in every single way, and I cannot recommend it enough when it comes out. It's a must-have!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:59 pm

This game is going to be a must buy for me
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 pm

it has good graphic but i wouldnt say its the best graphics.. i say its the same as Call of Duty: MW2 graphics
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LuvinFuu
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:23 am

According to PSPVampire, the Swedes have saved the day again Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
lastplace4life

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 pm

Best graphics? Hardly... are you guys blind?

Look at the trees @ about 6:30 when he is in the helicopter. The trees are 2d pictures that rotate around everywhere this helicopter went. LMAO. Plz guys.

Trees are picture and when you get closer they render to 3d models...

This looks just like mercs, except mercs is actually better because you can destroy everything.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:02 pm

lastplace4life wrote:

Look at the trees @ about 6:30 when he is in the helicopter. The trees are 2d pictures that rotate around everywhere this helicopter went. LMAO. Plz guys.

This looks just like mercs, except mercs is actually better because you can destroy everything.

LOL! dude, even Uncharted 2 wasn't perfect in the graphics deparment. When I was playing it in Eurogamer Expo, there were a few issues like slow texture rendering (or whatever its called when the texture hasn't loaded so it's just a basic pallete colour).

And believe me, when playing Just Cause 1, you don't notice these "2d pictures" thing, and as you get closer you almost don't notice them change to 3D models. You're looking to hard to find fault.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

lastplace4life wrote:

And lmfao mercs?!?! Hahahaha dude, I borrowed Mercs 2 from a friend. Those graphics could've been pulled off by a regular Xbox.

These Just Cause 2 gameplay vids make it look like as good as Uncharted 2 graphics-wise.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:13 pm

lastplace4life wrote:

Just out of curiosity,why did you name yourself lastplace4life?im just curious
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Yeah this games graphics definitely look way better than Uncharted 2. Plus the draw distance I've seen in other footage is incredible. Best graphics on a console without a doubt.

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:27 pm

lastplace4life wrote:

you do realise every game to date does this from far away?

to save fps (not first person shooter its frames per second) and not make it lag they put MUCH lower textures farther away so the game is playable...

is it me or is this just another but hurt ps3 fanboy?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 4:44 pm

DuDZZ wrote:
lastplace4life wrote:

you do realise every game to date does this from far away?

to save fps (not first person shooter its frames per second) and not make it lag they put MUCH lower textures farther away so the game is playable...

is it me or is this just another but hurt ps3 fanboy?

I can tell from his grammatical skills! They all type the same way! Wierd!!
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:13 pm

pspvampire wrote:
lastplace4life wrote:

And lmfao mercs?!?! Hahahaha dude, I borrowed Mercs 2 from a friend. Those graphics could've been pulled off by a regular Xbox.

These Just Cause 2 gameplay vids make it look like as good as Uncharted 2 graphics-wise.
Rolling Eyes Question
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

very very nice! Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:50 pm

*Fuu* wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lastplace4life wrote:

Rolling Eyes Question

How can you deny that these graphics are amazing?
I'm not just some random fanboy looking to own ps3 and saying "uncharteds shit", no, I'm just observing that the in-game visuals look as impressive.
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 pm

pspvampire wrote:
*Fuu* wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lastplace4life wrote:

Rolling Eyes Question

I'm not just some random fanboy looking to own ps3 and saying "uncharteds shit", no, I'm just observing that the in-game visuals look as impressive.
The graphics looks good but in my opinion, its looks the same as COD: MW2 graphics but brighter
Back to top Go down
Penguin
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 am

When it comes to games that are currently out I'd say Uncharted 2, and Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. I love the graphics engine that Rare uses. Killzone 2 looks good too, but come on it has no color palette at all Wink lol.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:20 am

*Fuu* wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
*Fuu* wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
lastplace4life wrote:

Rolling Eyes Question

The graphics looks good but in my opinion, its looks the same as COD: MW2 graphics but brighter

Well, I'll compare it properly to Uncharted 2 when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 am

hmm i dont think it has the best graphics but it is certainly good
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 7:13 pm

matrixrory wrote:
hmm i dont think it has the best graphics but it is certainly good

I think it looks unbelievable xD

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Just-cause-2-20080129091534814_640w

It's like Crysis!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Just_cause_2

It's like Uncharted!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Justcause2prevd580

It's like Gta!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Justcause_2

It's like Mercs!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Just-cause-2-20090602023322294_640w

It's awesome!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Justcause2mt

It's like AMAZING!!!!!!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? Just_cause_2-1

It's like UNREAL!!!!

I reckon with enough polish it can be GOTY!

Best graphics ever seen on a console? 10-620x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best graphics ever seen on a console?   Best graphics ever seen on a console? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best graphics ever seen on a console?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next