This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The almighty power of Blu-Ray

Go down 
+5
Master_Chief
daveMastaKill
averagejoe
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

The almighty power of Blu-Ray Empty
PostSubject: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:03 pm

You know that Final Fantasy XIII Ps3 game that is coming to Xbox 360, I read an interview in which the guy explains the differences between the ps3 & 360 version.

1.The Xbox 360 version has compressed music
2.The Xbox 360 version will have multiple discs

...that's it.
There was no mention of graphical differences, content or anything.
So while I agree Blu-Ray is still an improvement over dvd, I'm guessing it's not all that necessary, for now at least...

Update: the ps3 version wont have any forced installs.

Last edited by pspvampire on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

I'd rather switch discs than install tons of gigabytes, anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 pm

pspvampire wrote:
You know that Final Fantasy XIII Ps3 game that is coming to Xbox 360, I read an interview in which the guy explains the differences between the ps3 & 360 version.

1.The Xbox 360 version has compressed music
2.The Xbox 360 version will have multiple discs

...that's it.
There was no mention of graphical differences, content or anything.
So while I agree Blu-Ray is still an improvement over dvd, I'm guessing it's not all that necessary, for now at least...

yh agreed thats there wont be much difference in this game. i think graphic wise there wouldn't be one anyway becasue theyve just taken all the animations and textures from the blu-ray and divided it up in DVD format so graphically there wouldn't be a difference.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Althought the compressed music does not differ that much in quality, i still would prefer a game with full uncompressed audio. The multiple discs i could give a crap about.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:40 pm

The PS3 fantards are saying that 360 is holding back FF and not allowing the PS3 to 'use its full power.' LMAO
http://www2.psu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228563
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:33 pm

they should make use of HD-DVD game on the next system, since its as fast as the DVD but stores about 20-25Gb of Data. Blu-ray may have won the HD-war but as game medium.... I dont know...

I have a Disc-reader on my computer that reads all formats, CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-fucking-ray
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:51 pm

BLUE Fucked ray but rays dead, oh no, Jesus titty fucking Christ no, this is what happens after watching a ps3 fanboy video rant, you act crazy, gotta admit tho Jesus titty, fucking Christ would be a sight to see.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:55 am

What does it mean when the music is compressed? Lower quality?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:04 am

Pickles wrote:

You know how you can take a 700mb CD and compress it using a high bitrate MP3 encoding down to 25MB and not be able to tell the difference?

That's what they're doing. The are using a MP3 like compression that reduces the file size with almost no loss of quality. In fact without analyzing the wave forms you'd never be able to tell with just your ears.

It's like how a 1080p movie looks the same on Blu-Ray as it does as a HD 1080p download movie on Xbox Live. On Blu-Ray it's uncompressed, slow to load, and takes up tens of gigabytes per movie. The same movie can be compressed with DIVX or MP4/h.264 etc. and look and sound the same at a tenth of the file size.

I've always wondered what the point of such expensive Blu-Ray discs is all for when compression technology keeps advancing. You can fit HD Video on regular DVD with the right compression. You'd need a new DVD player with the right decompression technology but it would be much cheaper and faster.

I once downloaded two episodes of The Legend of the Seeker because I'd missed them on TV. That's close to two hours of HD video that fit on one regular CD. Not DVD mind you. Compact Disc.

Blu-Ray is pointless. Sony has just convinced enough sheep that it's worth the money so nobody will try to compete with cheaper more efficient tech like HD compression.

Sony really is the worst thing to happen to Film, Music, and Video Games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:10 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Pickles wrote:

You know how you can take a 700mb CD and compress it using a high bitrate MP3 encoding down to 25MB and not be able to tell the difference?

That's what they're doing. The are using a MP3 like compression that reduces the file size with almost no loss of quality. In fact without analyzing the wave forms you'd never be able to tell with just your ears.

It's like how a 1080p movie looks the same on Blu-Ray as it does as a HD 1080p download movie on Xbox Live. On Blu-Ray it's uncompressed, slow to load, and takes up tens of gigabytes per movie. The same movie can be compressed with DIVX or MP4/h.264 etc. and look and sound the same at a tenth of the file size.

I've always wondered what the point of such expensive Blu-Ray discs is all for when compression technology keeps advancing. You can fit HD Video on regular DVD with the right compression. You'd need a new DVD player with the right decompression technology but it would be much cheaper and faster.

I once downloaded two episodes of The Legend of the Seeker because I'd missed them on TV. That's close to two hours of HD video that fit on one regular CD. Not DVD mind you. Compact Disc.

Blu-Ray is pointless. Sony has just convinced enough sheep that it's worth the money so nobody will try to compete with cheaper more efficient tech like HD compression.

Sony really is the worst thing to happen to Film, Music, and Video Games.
Very informative post. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:34 am

You wouldn't had noticed any diffrence if they had'nt announced it and only nitpickers will notice the diffrences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The almighty power of Blu-Ray   The almighty power of Blu-Ray Empty

Back to top Go down

The almighty power of Blu-Ray
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: