This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game of the Year...Really?

Go down 
+21
Kendo
popjack88
Blixtstorm
3DO was too cheap for me
Bullyblazer
averagejoe
M3A7L04F
arnt god of war
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
lightlamp
daveMastaKill
toxicavenger778
im-360...xbox360
spartan225
Mr. Cole Drake
Master_Chief
Spartan v07
dreadraptor85
Pickles
Stigma
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:09 pm

yup really and it deserves it.
though just think of all the upcoming game of the year titles for the 360
mass effect 2 anyone?
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:12 pm

averagejoe wrote:
mass effect 2 anyone?

I don't know about deserving it. It copied gears way too much and was short. I think Forza 3 should have won,it really is the best racing sim ever released.
Back to top Go down
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:
mass effect 2 anyone?

I don't know about deserving it. It copied gears way too much and was short. I think Forza 3 should have won,it really is the best racing sim ever released.

your opinion i personally loved it. forza 3 is a top racing sim but definatley not game of the year. forza would definatley be a nominee for GOTY but i don't think it could quite beat out U2, MW2 and AC2. but its all about opinion at the end of the day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bullyblazer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Let those ps3rd turds have there goty, funny thing is Killzone 2 won nothing but you won't here that from them. If Xbox had there big guns released this year it would be a different story.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:
mass effect 2 anyone?

Forza 3 won best racing game.
Back to top Go down
3DO was too cheap for me
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO was too cheap for me

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 1:00 am

I bet $10 GOW3 wins it next year. Tons of good games for both Platforms next year(Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, MAG, Halo Reach, GOW3, ME2). All in all I accually couldn't decide between Uncharted 2, AC2, or Forza 3. MW2 is the way too overated one if you ask me. But please don;t ban me or do any crap like that, just because I don't like MW2, and I like AC2, Uncharted 2, and Forza 3.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:33 am

To win game of the year the general public must enjoy the game...

a hack and slash game does not appeal to a big public, while the "cinematic" experience naughty dog created was more like a action movie then a game.

God of War will never get the GOTY, never.

If rumours are right there's a slight chance that Bethesda will release TESV (The elders scroll)

And if they release it in 2010 it will probably be GOTY, since TESIII: Morrowind almost won, and TESIV: Oblivion won.

God of War, may have a chance to get a price in graphics because of 1080p native, but not to be certain about that.

[3DO keep it clean, ill be watching you closely from here on... Well i watch everyone close..]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:56 am

M3A7L04F wrote:
The PS3 fanboys will be bragging about this for a while now but we all know the 360 still has more triple A, Double A, and Single A games
Theyre too busy bashing Halo Reach. And besides what have they really got to brag about? What good is getting GOTY if hardly anybody is even buying it? lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:58 am

3DO was too cheap for me wrote:
I bet $10 GOW3 wins it next year. Tons of good games for both Platforms next year(Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, MAG, Halo Reach, GOW3, ME2). All in all I accually couldn't decide between Uncharted 2, AC2, or Forza 3. MW2 is the way too overated one if you ask me. But please don;t ban me or do any crap like that, just because I don't like MW2, and I like AC2, Uncharted 2, and Forza 3.
Hmm.. Thats how it usually starts. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 am

"and halo reach wins the 2010 game of the year award" Smile
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 am

popjack88 wrote:
I bet it does.
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:12 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
popjack88 wrote:
I bet it does.
I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 4:25 pm

You know what should have won... Assassin's Creed 2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:26 pm

Kendo wrote:
I have to get back to playing that. Forza 3 just has me so addicted right now.
Back to top Go down
SteJo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:31 am

MW 2 was no where near a game of the year title to be honest uncharted 2 was an easy winner in this category
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:37 am

I am a 360 fanboy but i am not stupid like PS3 fanboys. There is no doubt in my mind that Uncharted 2 is a great game. But Assassin's Creed 2 should have got it. Assassin's Creed 2 is probably my favourite game of this generation (personal opinion) because of the way it improved over the first one and the amazing setting. VGA's seem to be a bit contradictory since AC2 beat UC2 in "Best Action-Adventure Game" but UC2 beat AC2 in "GOTY"
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:51 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Kendo wrote:
I have to get back to playing that. Forza 3 just has me so addicted right now.
Oh yes. I just got AC2, have not played it yet because my brother is playing Modern Warfare 2 (lol AGAIN).
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am

ghost23 wrote:
I am a 360 fanboy but i am not stupid like PS3 fanboys. There is no doubt in my mind that Uncharted 2 is a great game. But Assassin's Creed 2 should have got it. Assassin's Creed 2 is probably my favourite game of this generation (personal opinion) because of the way it improved over the first one and the amazing setting. VGA's seem to be a bit contradictory since AC2 beat UC2 in "Best Action-Adventure Game" but UC2 beat AC2 in "GOTY"
I just got Assassin's Creed 2, have not played it yet because my brother is playing Modern Warfare 2 right now... lol...
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:41 pm

If thats what people liked and voted, then it deserves it 100%.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 8:28 pm

I think TES V or Reach will win.
Back to top Go down
mikenuge
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 1:33 am

Imo I think it should of won... as for mw2 yeah it was would good mulitiplayer wise hell yeah there no denying it.. mw2 wins hands down as for the single player it lacked a 6-7 hour campaign is poor for a game of it's hype... anyone with me ??

Uncharted 2 it is the PS3 has to offer the single player is all it needed and getting the highest reviewd game ever I think... it wait till Reach tho..................

Sales ok Halo 3:ODST yeah sold about a 4 million in 1 day LOL but only offerd 4 hour story for me and 3 new maps Sad firefight FTW THOUGH not worth £40 imo

PS MW2 I HATE CAMPERS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year...Really?   Game of the Year...Really? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year...Really?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2