This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why did the Dreamcast Fail?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GAMEZILLA_50000
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAMEZILLA_50000

Why did the Dreamcast Fail? Empty
PostSubject: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:02 pm

and why do they call the Xbox 360 its successor?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/frank.solorzano
limination

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:21 pm

I have never known the 360 to be the successor. But I have wondered some as to why the DC failed. It was and still is an awesome console!
Back to top Go down
GAMEZILLA_50000
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAMEZILLA_50000

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:40 pm

limination wrote:
I have never known the 360 to be the successor. But I have wondered some as to why the DC failed. It was and still is an awesome console!
go here. http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3145154
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/frank.solorzano
Segaswirl
Seaman Recruit
Segaswirl

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:08 pm

I like to think of the Xbox and Xbox 360 as successors to the Dreamcast. That Microsoft took Sega's vision of an online console and ran with it. I went from DC to Xbox... when I got my Xbox I got the Sega bundle with Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT, then I bought Shenmue 2, Crazy Taxi 3 etc etc. After the Dreamcast's demise, jumping to the Xbox ship seemed to be the most logical step.

I think the reason the Dreamcast failed was just a lack of money, they sold quite a lot of consoles... but it still wasn't making them enough dough to go all the way. The PS2 looming over it didn't help matters either.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 8:32 pm

Dreamcast failed because a lot of things. Mainly because they ha no money,ps2 was hyped a lot especially with the dvd player,burning disk is really easy.they didn't meet their sales for holiday 2000. And people call the first xbox the successor to DC because the controller was similar with the shape and colored buttons,also the triggers and xbox had a lot of sega games.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:37 am

PS2 killed the dreamcast.............plus Sega doesnt have the cash to throw around.

360 is known to be the successor since many dreamcast games went to 360.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
CryonicMaestro ZA
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
CryonicMaestro ZA

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 9:39 am

In South Africa people didn't even know what a Xbox, Dreamcast or Gamecube was. It was all about the PS2 which in my opinion was the better console at that time due to the amount of avaidable and exclusive games.
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:19 am

The 360 is the console that seeked revenge on Playstation for killing his older brother the dreamcast.

In 2006 Playstation 3 came to kill the newbie, But it was no good, Xbox 360 bitch slapped it for years until 2009, in which case it's still bitch slapping it.
Back to top Go down
toxicavenger778
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
toxicavenger778

PostSubject: Re: Why did the Dreamcast Fail?   Why did the Dreamcast Fail? EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:54 pm

That was such a cool system.I owned one and was super pissed when it failed
Chu Chu rocket was so much fun

Blast from the Past