This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?

Go down 
+2
Mr. Project Natal
Kendo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? Empty
PostSubject: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:28 pm

I love it because I always in the demo loved jumping far, far, and away... lol...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:18 pm

Never played it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:30 pm

I recommend it, its fun like no... oh wait... fuck i put Crackdown 2 when I meant the first one...
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:51 am

Wait until PSPvampire sees this thread!!!!!
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:36 pm

I do not know why people say it is underrated...

I didn't play the full game, but based on my time with the demo it is average at best... Horrible shooting mechanics
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:58 pm

I personally loved jumping around the city most... so much fun.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 7:39 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:

ALREADY SEEN IT!!! Very Happy:D:D:D

MOUAHAHAHAH!!!

TIS THE BEST!!!!!

lol

I don't need a AAA game to keep me interested. Seriously, I don't even follow the actual task things, I just go around jumping and driving.

It's just so addictive. I like the camera view (the way the camera isn't stuck behind the character like in games like Gears) and the levelling up and the physics and interaction with objects, etc. Just such good fun Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Kendo wrote:

Yeah, that was the part I enjoyed the most too, just the shooting turned me off...

Have you tried Prototype? If you like the freedom in Crackdown, regarding jumps and stuff, you will love Prototype.
Back to top Go down
Wii60
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 6:38 pm

santosj95 wrote:

I didn't play the full game, but based on my time with the demo it is average at best... Horrible shooting mechanics
i have to say the shooting is some of the best actually. the problem is you haven't played the full game. shooting is kind of bad at first but becomes extremely easy and good when you have a higher skill in it. but at first yeah it gets annoying. just saying though once you get it high up its the best
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:02 pm

Wii60 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:

i have to say the shooting is some of the best actually. the problem is you haven't played the full game. shooting is kind of bad at first but becomes extremely easy and good when you have a higher skill in it. but at first yeah it gets annoying. just saying though once you get it high up its the best

But that is precisely the problem,it was already very easy, no challenge at all. Besides, it all just seems "half-assed", you can't even toggle between targets,you have to keep pressing LT after you kill someone.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:13 pm

santosj95 wrote:
Wii60 wrote:
santosj95 wrote:

But that is precisely the problem,it was already very easy, no challenge at all. Besides, it all just seems "half-assed", you can't even toggle between targets,you have to keep pressing LT after you kill someone.

I personally loved the shooting. Seemed smooth and you can still rotate the camera view 360 degrees without your character turning. I like that Razz

It makes it feel less stiff and so you can check to see if there's someone behind you shooting before making your dude turn around. I think that's useful.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:14 pm

santosj95 wrote:
Kendo wrote:

Yeah, that was the part I enjoyed the most too, just the shooting turned me off...

Have you tried Prototype? If you like the freedom in Crackdown, regarding jumps and stuff, you will love Prototype.

Ooh! I've got Prototype, got it the other day.
It's cool. Haven't played it long enough though. It's funny how Prototype clearly borrowed some stuff from Crackdown and Crackdown 2 seems to borrow a lot of stuff from Prototype xD
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:22 pm

pspvampire wrote:

I personally loved the shooting. Seemed smooth and you can still rotate the camera view 360 degrees without your character turning. I like that Razz

It makes it feel less stiff and so you can check to see if there's someone behind you shooting before making your dude turn around. I think that's useful.

It is, but the targeting system, what is supposed to carry out the majority of the combat,is very very slow, it didn't immediatly recognize when an enemy was dead. You had to wait a while until you could target another one.Of course,you can still not use the targeting at all, which was what I did, but oh well.. It's just that it could much simpler and yet much better,like GTA4's
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:24 pm

pspvampire wrote:

It's cool. Haven't played it long enough though. It's funny how Prototype clearly borrowed some stuff from Crackdown and Crackdown 2 seems to borrow a lot of stuff from Prototype xD

Keep playing it,it is awesome. Especially when you get all 5 powers.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:40 pm

pspvampire wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:

MOUAHAHAHAH!!!

TIS THE BEST!!!!!

lol

I don't need a AAA game to keep me interested. Seriously, I don't even follow the actual task things, I just go around jumping and driving.

It's just so addictive. I like the camera view (the way the camera isn't stuck behind the character like in games like Gears) and the levelling up and the physics and interaction with objects, etc. Just such good fun Razz
Indeed. I love jumping around. Totally impressed by the demo. Wanna get Crackdown 2.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:56 pm

santosj95 wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

It is, but the targeting system, what is supposed to carry out the majority of the combat,is very very slow, it didn't immediatly recognize when an enemy was dead. You had to wait a while until you could target another one.Of course,you can still not use the targeting at all, which was what I did, but oh well.. It's just that it could much simpler and yet much better,like GTA4's

ohh ok then lol.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:56 pm

santosj95 wrote:
pspvampire wrote:

Keep playing it,it is awesome. Especially when you get all 5 powers.

Yeah I sure as hell will Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Kendo wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:

MOUAHAHAHAH!!!

TIS THE BEST!!!!!

lol

Indeed. I love jumping around. Totally impressed by the demo. Wanna get Crackdown 2.

lol yeh. I would recommend buying the first. It's seriously fantastic and it's so cheap now that it's really worth it.
Anyway, even if you don't the second game looks amazing. Can't wait! I'll do co-op with you xD
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:04 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Kendo wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:

MOUAHAHAHAH!!!

TIS THE BEST!!!!!

lol

lol yeh. I would recommend buying the first. It's seriously fantastic and it's so cheap now that it's really worth it.
Anyway, even if you don't the second game looks amazing. Can't wait! I'll do co-op with you xD
Lol. I would not do co-op until I get my own Xbox. Because my brother's Xbox Live account I use. I have my own but dont use it... until I get my own Xbox cause I want to make sure its better and safe first. Ironically my Xbox Live is silver right now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:10 pm

Kendo wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Kendo wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
xSTONEYX187 wrote:

MOUAHAHAHAH!!!

TIS THE BEST!!!!!

lol

Lol. I would not do co-op until I get my own Xbox. Because my brother's Xbox Live account I use. I have my own but dont use it... until I get my own Xbox cause I want to make sure its better and safe first. Ironically my Xbox Live is silver right now.

Ahh alright then.

lol I#m silver right now as well xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?   Crackdown! Why Do You Love It? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crackdown! Why Do You Love It?
Page 1 of 1