This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? Empty
PostSubject: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 8:29 am

Just saw Avatar today in 3D and it was amazing. But i got to say, a lot of it seemed familiar to a certain game. Namely the halo series.

The aircraft that they use are exact replicas of Hornets and the big machines that the soldiers control with their body are exact replicas of Cyclops from Halo Wars. One could even say that the massive battleship that the Humans used to destroy that massive tree is the same as the Spirit of Fire or the Navi race are like the elites. Do you think James Cameron played so much Halo 3 online that he modeled a part of the world based on Halo?

Suck it in PS3 fanboys, we dont see Uncharted influencing hollywood blockbusters but halo sure influences them.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:04 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Just saw Avatar today in 3D and it was amazing. But i got to say, a lot of it seemed familiar to a certain game. Namely the halo series.

The aircraft that they use are exact replicas of Hornets and the big machines that the soldiers control with their body are exact replicas of Cyclops from Halo Wars. One could even say that the massive battleship that the Humans used to destroy that massive tree is the same as the Spirit of Fire or the Navi race are like the elites. Do you think James Cameron played so much Halo 3 online that he modeled a part of the world based on Halo?

Suck it in PS3 fanboys, we dont see Uncharted influencing hollywood blockbusters but halo sure influences them.
I guess if he did play halo he might of got a few ideas from it
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am

Hmmm some aspects of it are Halo-ish I guess lol.
I saw it yesterday and it was cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 7:10 pm

i havnt watched avatar yet.But i did notice the similarity of those aircraft and Hornets from the cemmercial
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:06 am

He actually wrote the script for the film like 10 or 12 years ago but couldn't make the film because of the lack of technology. Maybe when they actually started production of the film, the film makers took notice of Halo's vehicles and incorporated it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?   Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Was James Cameron Inspired by Halo?
Page 1 of 1