This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo ODST review

Go down 
+4
Kendo
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
game0reviews
8 posters
AuthorMessage
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Halo 3 is a huge hit selling around 10 million copies to date. So i was super happy in 2008 when i heard that Halo ODST was coming out. Did it live up to the huge hype? Short answer: Yes! Read on to find out why.

STORY:

The story in this game is excellent. You are an Orbital Drop Shot Trooper on a secret mission of some sort, unfortunately you are knocked innocuous after being dropped into the city of New Mombassa and awaken after the battle has been fought, in the night. The story is told though flash backs as you discover clues from your other crew members. You eventually meet up with your squad in the end. The story takes a lot of twists and has a lot of depth. This is one of the best games stories i have played. unfortunately the game campaign only last about 5-7 hours on normal single player. But there is a lot of replay ability here because of 4 player co-op and the different difficulty levels.

GAMEPLAY:

Halo 3: ODST still holds the great halo formula; the controls are the same as the previous halo's and are solid. The only thing that has changed is that you have access to night vision when you press X. In ODST you are an elite soldier but you are not a super soldier like master chief. This means you must approach the enemies differently. It is possible to run and gun but you will die very quickly. The best approach is to hold back or you can even flank the clever AI enemies. You can even incorporate some stealth into the game. Because you are not as strong as master chief you die a lot quicker and it takes more melee hits to kill an enemy, this makes higher difficulty levels stay true to their purpose. There are also two new weapons introduced, the original Halo one silenced pistol that is one headshot kill on most enemies and the silenced SMG with larger rounds. The halo gameplay does not get old.

GRAPHICS:

The graphics are excellent, the environments, vehicles and weapons are all very detailed. There is no slow down or frame rate issues. The graphical style is colourful and slightly cartoon to a certain extent but still looks better than most gams on the 360 or PS3. The lighting is also excellent in the environments. Defiantly a beauty to look at.

MUSIC/SOUND:

The sound and music is stella. The gunfire sounds excellent and realistic. And the sound of shots hitting surfaces all sounds good. Voice acting is also good for both human and alien. Music is some of the best in video gaming, it really sounds like it belongs and it doesn't engorge the game. Truly great as were its predecessors.

MULTIPLAYER:

The second disc contains Halo 3's multiplayer complete with all the DLC and all the features from halo 3 like Forge and Custom games not to mention Theater which is an amazing replay and record feature. This really sets halo 3's multiplayer apart from other games. Some people may feel that they are re-buying the halo 3 map pacs which is a slight problem and stops this game being a perfect 10. There is also a Halo horde like mode called Firefight where you have to fight endless waves of the covenant. Very fun.

All in all this is a fantastic game and a must buy for any 360 owner.

STORY: 9/10
GAMEPLAY: 10/10
GRAPHICS: 9/10
MUSIC/SOUND: 10/10
MULTIPLAYER: 8/10

TOTAL: 9.2/10

Last edited by game0reviews on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Awesome review.
but..I dunno about the 10/10 for gameplay. I mean, if it's 10/10 what will you rate Reach's gameplay when it improves the formula?
11/10? lol

But otherwise, really great review. I enjoyed reading it but I think this is a mistake:
"discover clues from your other clue members."
Clue members? xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:22 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Awesome review.
but..I dunno about the 10/10 for gameplay. I mean, if it's 10/10 what will you rate Reach's gameplay when it improves the formula?
11/10? lol

But otherwise, really great review. I enjoyed reading it but I think this is a mistake:
"discover clues from your other clue members."
Clue members? xD

Lol ops, crew members i think.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:24 am

Good review. I really enjoyed ODST as well.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 pm

I do too. But I have only been playing the multiplayer because I am stuck in the campaign, but I will get unstuck soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:09 pm

I LOVED odst.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:47 pm

Ugh, I despised ODST. It was one of the worst games I played in 2009. It was especially disappointing considering how good Halo 3 was.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 pm

EventGamer wrote:
Ugh, I despised ODST. It was one of the worst games I played in 2009. It was especially disappointing considering how good Halo 3 was.

Really? What didn't you like about it. I would have thought anyone who loved Halo 3 would at least enjoy ODST.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 pm

ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Really? What didn't you like about it. I would have thought anyone who loved Halo 3 would at least enjoy ODST.
I just found it to be so incredibly boring. The open world was a good idea, but there was little fighting, which made for a boring traversal through a bland world. It just screamed boring. Well, more like monotonously yelled boring.

Plus, I didn't feel like it was worth $60, so I was also angry about getting ripped off.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am

EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

I just found it to be so incredibly boring. The open world was a good idea, but there was little fighting, which made for a boring traversal through a bland world. It just screamed boring. Well, more like monotonously yelled boring.

Plus, I didn't feel like it was worth $60, so I was also angry about getting ripped off.
Hm... good point... I usually just play online with it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 1:57 pm

EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Boring?Did you do any of the flashbacks?They were fricken awesome.Tons of explosions and action.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Boring?Did you do any of the flashbacks?They were fricken awesome.Tons of explosions and action.
I did the flashbacks. I didn't enjoy any of them.

Maybe I'll write a review of the game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:54 pm

EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Holy Crap!How did you not like them?They were full of action,explosions and excitment.Oh well.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 7:15 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Holy Crap!How did you not like them?They were full of action,explosions and excitment.Oh well.
True, but none of those explosions felt very cinematic to me.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 2:39 am

EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

True, but none of those explosions felt very cinematic to me.
Hm... I can see what you mean.
Back to top Go down

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I LOVED odst.

As did I. It was wicked good.
Back to top Go down
BoznianBadass
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
BoznianBadass

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:28 am

Enjoyed ODST as well but think you went a little to much, i would rank em like this
Gameplay:8,7 great gameplay just a little to old now need new stuff like in Reach.
Graphics:6,9 not being a fanboy but come on, they are a little outdated.
Multiplayer:10 fav multiplayer on a console period.
Sound:9,3 Great like always the reason its getting is cause its getting repetive.
Overall:8,9 Great game, but if you already have Halo 3 just wait till Reach Cool
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm

BoznianBadass wrote:
Enjoyed ODST as well but think you went a little to much, i would rank em like this
Gameplay:8,7 great gameplay just a little to old now need new stuff like in Reach.
Sound:9,3 Great like always the reason its getting is cause its getting repetive.
Overall:8,9 Great game, but if you already have Halo 3 just wait till Reach Cool

Are you a graphics whore?i think you are.Outdated?Come on man.ODST's graphics arent bad at all.There above expectation's now.most games now dont even have those graphics(some do,some dont).
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:50 am

Arbiteris wrote:
BoznianBadass wrote:

Are you a graphics whore?i think you are.Outdated?Come on man.ODST's graphics arent bad at all.There above expectation's now.most games now dont even have those graphics(some do,some dont).

ODST's graphics is a hard thing to score because Bungie said from the very outset that this game is going to look like a 2007 game and wont be able to compete with the games of 2009.
Personally i'm completely fine with ODST's graphics because it still gives me the thrill and amazement that any other Halo game gives me.
Halo Reach is going to unleashed my inner graphics whore along with amazing gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo ODST review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo ODST review   Halo ODST review Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo ODST review
Page 1 of 1