This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?

Go down 
+12
Lt Xplosi
Stigma
Captain Emp
GeneralMLD
DemonWolf
J_Lee87
Blixtstorm
gamerdude
Zombl337
Master_Chief
cannibalshinobi
dreadraptor85
16 posters
AuthorMessage
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? Empty
PostSubject: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 am

I already know that Wikipedia isn't cuz any user is allowed to change content on the page (or something like that)

But is VGChartz a credible source? Some people state it as fact and others argue it's wrong.

scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:08 am

i would say its credible after a while. what they do there is use past data and early numbers to predict the numbers and when final data is out from actual sources, such as NPD, they correct their numbers accordingly.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:54 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
i would say its credible after a while. what they do there is use past data and early numbers to predict the numbers and when final data is out from actual sources, such as NPD, they correct their numbers accordingly.
Yes they do adjust their NPD numbers for example when the official source proves them wrong. But their European numbers are pure guesswork since we dont get any official reports from the European territories including the UK. We will however get world wide hardware numbers when the 3 companies release their quarterly reports.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 11:52 am

They are usually within reason with their predictions when the NPD's are shown.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Yes they do adjust their NPD numbers for example when the official source proves them wrong. But their European numbers are pure guesswork since we dont get any official reports from the European territories including the UK. We will however get world wide hardware numbers when the 3 companies release their quarterly reports.

well with that then they just might be the best sources then. if there aren't any official sources in EU then guess work is all way have then, making VGchartz one of the leading sources for that region. they might not be remotely correct but its the best we got.
Back to top Go down
gamerdude
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Yes it's reliable
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 3:11 pm

gamerdude wrote:
Yes it's reliable

Well its mostly reliable, but they seem to lack some coverage of Europe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

well with that then they just might be the best sources then. if there aren't any official sources in EU then guess work is all way have then, making VGchartz one of the leading sources for that region. they might not be remotely correct but its the best we got.
Well if you want to believe numbers that they just pull out of their ass then be my guest. Theres a good reason why VG Charts is banned as a source from certain forums.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

Well if you want to believe numbers that they just pull out of their ass then be my guest. Theres a good reason why VG Charts is banned as a source from certain forums.

made up numbers are better than no numbers at all.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 9:03 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

LMAO Seriously? How so? Why believe in something that isnt true? How is bs better than nothing? I would rather have the truth. Thats one of the dumbest comments I've ever read.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
J_Lee87
Seaman Recruit
J_Lee87

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:46 am

I think they are some what reliable but they are the McDonalds of charts not everything you get is the real thing. lol!
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

LMAO Seriously? How so? Why believe in something that isnt true? How is bs better than nothing? I would rather have the truth. Thats one of the dumbest comments I've ever read.

well seeing as how those made up numbers are based on past numbers and other results. its called statistics, its not bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:51 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

well seeing as how those made up numbers are based on past numbers and other results. its called statistics, its not bullshit.
The European numbers are bullshit because we dont receive public data from Europe or the UK. So there is no past data to base it on.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Then what site would give just facts?

scratch
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 pm

It's the best we have. I say it's credible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:

The European numbers are bullshit because we dont receive public data from Europe or the UK. So there is no past data to base it on.

I hate to admit it but I have to go with Cannibalshinobi on this one.
these statistics aren't perfectly reliable I guess but still.... it gives us more or less an outline of what the sales really are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:54 am

they constantly get the ball park number, then they do small changes when they get the real facts.

more or less, they get it right
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:06 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
they constantly get the ball park number, then they do small changes when they get the real facts.

more or less, they get it right

too true
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:21 pm

They don't just pull the numbers straight from their ass. Their educated guesses with Europe and japan. Not like there's anything else we can use. but as long as they use NPD the North American numbers should be correct.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 am

at some points i think they are
Back to top Go down
DustinDutRank
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DustinDutRank

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 4:03 am

I saw a 2009 Top 20 most advertised games that they did and in my opinion, they are not credible at all after seeing it.
Back to top Go down
danny100
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm

who cares ?
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 3:43 pm

It is fairy credible, but not credible for this week as it say's PS3 sold more console in the US this week must be a mistake Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bullyblazer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 pm

No but they give you an idea, just stay away from there forums that site is full of PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?   Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is VGChartz credible or NOT?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Sales, Stats, and Predictions-
Jump to: