This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?

Go down 
+9
daveMastaKill
One-Shot
DemonWolf
PS3fanboy
Stoney
ghost23
Master_Chief
lightlamp
Kendo
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? Empty
PostSubject: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I need some reasons please.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Kendo wrote:
I need some reasons please.
Cross game chat,8 way party chat,cross game invite system,more user friendly interface,Gaming news (you have to pay for Qore on PSN you can get it for free on Live even if you have a silver account) there are probably more things but i cant remember
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Live has way more of a sense of community and NXE is way better than the barren and desolte XMB with those ugly looking friend list blocks. And on Live theres different events all the time like play against the developers of a certain game on this night or against the Frag Dolls on that night. The downloads are faster and the online play smoother on Live. More content too. Cross game voice chat which I use alot.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 pm

Much more of a social experience with things such as party chat, Facebook, Twitter, 1 vs 100 etc.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:00 pm

I swear the last time I logged on to PSN tumbleweed blew across my TV screen.
Back to top Go down
PS3fanboy

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Why do you need reasons cant you come up with some of your own? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 pm

PS3fanboy wrote:
Why do you need reasons cant you come up with some of your own? What a Face

Buddy, your going to get banned for your name alone.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:27 pm

TheXboxFaggot wrote:
Man.. The last time i sign in on Live is when that high failure rate was announced.. I was like man, i spend my time on a money hungry system that breaks in less then 3 months when i can get on PSN when its just as Live when its free Surprised
The fuck. Well.... the failure rate is almost gone... about 10% now.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm

I like how there are soo many demos and seriously millions of downloads; themes, gamer pics, trailers, etc
And always updates like interviews and random cool stuff.
Also LIVE is really stable online so you almost never have issues with the servers, seems to be faster than psn (in downloads and stuff), has some free games & features alongside online game purchasing/downloading (eliminating the need to go to a store), 360 has laods of games and so lots of games to play online, probably because people pay for it you'll find more commited players on xbl than psn.
The interface is also brilliant and well, there's almost no way I can complain about live. That's what differs it from psn.
You can point at imperfections with psn whereas with live....it's pretty damn hard to find them.
Also, Microsoft are always adding new features and one I'm looking forward to is that upcoming Arcade Game Room in which you can create your own arcade, put your downloaded arcade games in there, walk around in it with your avatar, invite your friends round and game!! Or visit your friend's arcade xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Ohh and also famous people are featured on xbl, for gaming or whatever.

Examples:
MEGAN FOX (.)(.)
and BLACK STONE CHERRY
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Download times is the only big complaint I can think of.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Xbox Live interface is godlike compared to the PSN counterpart

And when you do a download it actually tells you that, so that you by mistake don't download it again. Does PSN do that? No.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:29 pm

Hell you can actually download multiple times the same file over and over again on PSN and the console does not give you any warning. Isn't that wacky =D
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:

And when you do a download it actually tells you that, so that you by mistake don't download it again. Does PSN do that? No.
XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Hell you can actually download multiple times the same file over and over again on PSN and the console does not give you any warning. Isn't that wacky =D

omfg actually thats a well gd feature coz like imagine u wanted da smae file agen then u wouldnt have to be given deese stupid messgaes!!!
psn is wel betar!!

Razz jk
Back to top Go down
mikenuge
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 12:56 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:

When I download something it tells me, maybe you have set it to off mode or something it comes up at top right.. and you can re-download it if your stupid enough to accidentally delete it LOL (PSN downloads lists) second post........ it's on the download list if your having this problem and want your content back.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 pm

live gives you discount on things as well if you have gold
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 5:57 pm

last.fm
Zune Marketplace
and more
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

mikenuge wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

When I download something it tells me, maybe you have set it to off mode or something it comes up at top right.. and you can re-download it if your stupid enough to accidentally delete it LOL (PSN downloads lists) second post........ it's on the download list if your having this problem and want your content back.

When you download, you need to get out of Store to go see your download progress unlike Live.
Not only that after you download a file there is no setting that i know that lets you see on Store that file downloaded unlike Live that has a green marker or says "You already downloaded this file are you sure etc etc etc".

Also there are some files that are hard to see if i already downloaded them or not for they're names are not intuitive at all:
Example - UMCZ_EP_01_FINAL_ENGLISH_EUROPE or shadow-trailer-english or TLG - TGS2009 -ENGLISH and the list goes on. Its easy to someone download the same file again by mistake.
The PSN Store interface is also crap compared to XBL Marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:27 pm

I think there's three big advantages XBL has over PSN:

1) There's more people so you'll rarely have trouble finding a match to join.

2) Fewer disconnections. I can't count how many times I've been given the "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network" message. Some games will never give you a problem and some are a nightmare.

3) Updates are quick. It's pretty sad that every time before I start Little Big Planet or Uncharted 2 I say a little prayer, "God, please don't let there be an update." Because 95% of the time, when there is one, it freezes at 6 or 13%. So you try over and over again and by the the time it finally works, 15 minutes has gone by. On the 360 it takes about 10 seconds to update at the most. That peace of mind alone is worth the $50 a year.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
I think there's three big advantages XBL has over PSN:

1) There's more people so you'll rarely have trouble finding a match to join.

2) Fewer disconnections. I can't count how many times I've been given the "An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PLAYSTATION Network" message. Some games will never give you a problem and some are a nightmare.

3) Updates are quick. It's pretty sad that every time before I start Little Big Planet or Uncharted 2 I say a little prayer, "God, please don't let there be an update." Because 95% of the time, when there is one, it freezes at 6 or 13%. So you try over and over again and by the the time it finally works, 15 minutes has gone by. On the 360 it takes about 10 seconds to update at the most. That peace of mind alone is worth the $50 a year.
Hmm... very sad for PSN. I feel bad that you have to deal with those bullshit updates.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Sometimes when there's an update I don't even bother playing it to avoid the headache. I try once, it fucks up, and I put something different in. Yeah, It's that big of a problem and I know I'm not the only one who experiences these issues. I have friends who live in different cities, states...have different internet providers and different routers. We all go through the same shit.

I've tried finding answers in various forums and I keep getting told I have the wrong settings on my router or my system is configured improperly or that I'm just a flat out lier. Yeah, I've gotten that a couple times actually. My Wii, 360, DS and PC hook up online just fine, but it's a mistake on my part because my PS3 only works half the time. Yeah, okay...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?   What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are some reasons that Xbox Live is better than PSN?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: