This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review Empty
PostSubject: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Now that I have your attention.

The Orange Box has 5 games in it. Half Life 2, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2

Story : The story is great for the Half Life games. The story is also great for Portal even though you have to get cake. I am not giving out any spoilers.

Gameplay : The Gameplay in Half Life 2 is just like any other FPS. The controls are great but when controlling the car or boat, it could get slugish. The gameplay in Portal is innovative. You have 2 portals and you try to solve puzzls with the portals. Its great. The game takes about 2 hours to complete. There are also some challenges when you complete it.

The gameplay in Team Fortress 2 is awesome. Its the multiplayer component of the Orange Box. Unlike Halo and COD, you could pick any member from the team from Scout to Spy. They have different weapons and different abilities like...

Scout - Runs fast, double jumps, has a baseball bat, has low life bar.
Soldier - Rocket launcher, walks slow, and has a shovel, has a high life bar.
Pyro - Flame thrower, jogs, has an axe, has a medium life bar.
Demoman - Grernade launcher, sticky bombs, a beer bottle, jogs, medium life bAR
Heavy - Turret, slowest, Has the highest life bar, uses fist.
Engineer - Makes turrets and other stuff, jogs, construction thing??? A medium life bar
Medic - medicine gun, heals people, jogs, surgery knife thing, medium health bar
Sniper - Sniper, jogs, jungle knife thing.
Spy - jogs, sapper, invisibility, clones himself, low health bar.

Even though they have 6 maps and they eaCH hold a different gameplay style, this is more replayable than Halo and COD ( IMO )

Graphics : Half Life 2 graphics are like computer graphics. The Portal graphics are nice but the Team Fortress 2 graphics look like a masterpiece. Not like Killzone 2. It has a cartoony look.

Sound : ITS GREAT!!!!!!!

Overall : Pick this one up. One of the best Xbox 360 games ever. VERY UNDERRATED!!!!

Last edited by RagnathePhunkGamer on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:17 am

You guys are getting worse than N4G and PSU with your purposely misleading titles.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:47 am

Master_Chief wrote:
You guys are getting worse than N4G and PSU with your purposely misleading titles.

Lmfao true but this review's good so it's alright Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:45 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Its a quote from Team Fortress 2.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 11:51 am

I love The Orange Box, but how about we make it a habit from now on of actually putting the name of the game we're reviewing as the title instead of misleading everyone?

Still, awesome review. I plan on transitioning from TOB on the 360 to TOB on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:04 pm

EventGamer wrote:
I love The Orange Box, but how about we make it a habit from now on of actually putting the name of the game we're reviewing as the title instead of misleading everyone?

Still, awesome review. I plan on transitioning from TOB on the 360 to TOB on the PC.
ITS A QUOTE FROM THE GAME!!!! You know, with the Spy taunt with his gun saying " I was never really on your side ". That is why I did that.

There. I change the title. HAPPY!!@!!?!?????!!
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 pm

RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

ITS A QUOTE FROM THE GAME!!!! You know, with the Spy taunt with his gun saying " I was never really on your side ". That is why I did that.
Of course that's why you did that. I know it's a quote from Team Fortress 2, but it seemed to help your situation pretty well, didn't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:07 pm

EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Of course that's why you did that. I know it's a quote from Team Fortress 2, but it seemed to help your situation pretty well, didn't it? Razz
Yes??? Question Question
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:07 pm

EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Yes??? Question Question

Oh come on guys.Its not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
TheUniversalGamer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Yes??? Question Question

LOL, I'm only messing with him.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 pm

EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Yes??? Question Question

lol
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:09 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Yes??? Question Question

I dont care. Its me vs my dad lol.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
EventGamer wrote:
EventGamer wrote:

Yes??? Question Question

lol

Umm ok?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:11 pm

ANYWAYS,back to the point of this thread.Great review
Back to top Go down
Noel
Noel

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:12 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
ANYWAYS,back to the point of this thread.Great review
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review   I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review Empty

Back to top Go down

I was never really on your side. The Orange Box Review
Page 1 of 1