This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

the proposed halo 3 engine in reach

Go down 
+4
Captain Emp
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
day walker
8 posters
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

the proposed halo 3 engine in reach Empty
PostSubject: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:03 am

ok i dont know everyrihng about game engines and all that but If
you take a car, replace the motor, the wheels, the timing belts, the
windshield wipers, the windshield, all of the interior details, the
body, everything but the frame, is it still the same car? now all we know is that the halo 3 engine is gutted can anyone clarify what this means in it's developement, and the above post i did with the car, yeah i dont know how to type this out clearly so sorry. is it a new engine is it a new engine in halo 3 covers, or what?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:21 am

It's a new engine, it just uses some of the same fundamental elements that make Halo a Halo game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
It's a new engine, it just uses some of the same fundamental elements that make Halo a Halo game.
really then whats with the halo 3 stuff i mean does the outerior of an engine have anything or does it just hold it all together? if so would that mean that the inside is new and the thing holding it together is the halo 3 frame.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:14 am

The trailer speaks for itself. Whether or not the engine is the Halo 3 engine or a completely new one is irrelevant.

From my understanding, there are basic parts of the Halo code which are the same in every single Halo game dating back to Halo 1. There is no point in rewriting that same code again so they just build on the foundations of the older engine. All of the Halo games have all ran on the proprietary Bungie engine so theoretically speaking, Halo 3 uses the same engine as Halo 2 and Halo Combat evolved but there are so many changes in it, it looks completely different.
Halo Reach is the same way, it uses the foundations of the basic Halo 3 code and just changes everything in it so that they can save time by not having to rewrite the constant of the code.

I think i got that right. Please dont flame me if i got it totally wrong. I'm not a developer or anything.
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Captain Emp

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:19 am

ghost23 wrote:
The trailer speaks for itself. Whether or not the engine is the Halo 3 engine or a completely new one is irrelevant.

From my understanding, there are basic parts of the Halo code which are the same in every single Halo game dating back to Halo 1. There is no point in rewriting that same code again so they just build on the foundations of the older engine. All of the Halo games have all ran on the proprietary Bungie engine so theoretically speaking, Halo 3 uses the same engine as Halo 2 and Halo Combat evolved but there are so many changes in it, it looks completely different.
Halo Reach is the same way, it uses the foundations of the basic Halo 3 code and just changes everything in it so that they can save time by not having to rewrite the constant of the code.

I think i got that right. Please dont flame me if i got it totally wrong. I'm not a developer or anything.

fair point
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:43 pm

ghost23 wrote:

Yeah, that may be right.

I dunno though, they may have just scrapped Halo 3's engine and just rebuilt one from scratch for all we know.
Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 3:04 am

Bungie have stated that initially they were going to just polish up the Halo 3 engine or "buff it" is the term they used. But Bungie said doing that didnt look good enough. So they tore the graphics engine down and are completely rebuilding it from the ground up so yes its basically a new engine. It just depends on how semantical you want to be about the term "new engine."
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:49 pm

It's a completely new one, as someone already stated, but uses some similar elements to Halo 3's engine.

Using that analogy, I guess yould could say it's a different car but with the same paintjob. Enough elements to make it look familiar.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:59 pm

Halo 3 = 3 series.
Halo: Reach = M3.

(The automobile enthusiasts will get what I'm saying.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the proposed halo 3 engine in reach   the proposed halo 3 engine in reach Empty

Back to top Go down

the proposed halo 3 engine in reach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Xbox 360 News-
Jump to: