This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 524
Join date : 2010-01-08

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:20 am

Who, besides PS3 fantards, said it did? No multi-platform engine will ever max out the Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 34
Location : California

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 am

I hope Halo Reach will max out the hardware.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
I hope Halo Reach will max out the hardware.

According to Bungie, it will.
Personally, i dont like using the term "maxing out hardware", because developers will always develop new software that will take further advantage of the hardware and push it to new limits.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:58 am

ghost23 wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
I hope Halo Reach will max out the hardware.

According to Bungie, it will.
Personally, i dont like using the term "maxing out hardware", because developers will always develop new software that will take further advantage of the hardware and push it to new limits.
I agree. They just use the term "maxed out" as a marketing ploy to push their game.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 4:43 pm

gears 2 didnt touch it since mw 2 has better graphics
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-10-30

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:47 am

if gears 2 maxed the 360 out then uncharted 2 looks like a n64 game,
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Impossible. Far from it. Technically the 360 is more powerful than ps3 apparently but I doubt we'll see it reach it's peak for a while... if ever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 25
Location : Amagakure

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:17 am

demondragondude wrote:
Impossible. Far from it. Technically the 360 is more powerful than ps3 apparently but I doubt we'll see it reach it's peak for a while... if ever.
out of topic man,but your picture is preety badass..hehe about this..no it didnt,halo reach will max the power of the 360,since the engine is exclusive to bungie,not like epic giving it to almost any multi-platform developer
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-10-30

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 6:48 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Impossible. Far from it. Technically the 360 is more powerful than ps3 apparently but I doubt we'll see it reach it's peak for a while... if ever.
out of topic man,but your picture is preety badass..hehe about this..no it didnt,halo reach will max the power of the 360,since the engine is exclusive to bungie,not like epic giving it to almost any multi-platform developer
ya back ( hand shake Andrej's hand very firmly, andrej pulls hand away, it sticky) had to do something why i was home alone with a column of lezo porn, lol
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

Posts : 319
Join date : 2009-11-05

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:19 am

day walker wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Impossible. Far from it. Technically the 360 is more powerful than ps3 apparently but I doubt we'll see it reach it's peak for a while... if ever.
out of topic man,but your picture is preety badass..hehe about this..no it didnt,halo reach will max the power of the 360,since the engine is exclusive to bungie,not like epic giving it to almost any multi-platform developer
ya back ( hand shake Andrej's hand very firmly, andrej pulls hand away, it sticky) had to do something why i was home alone with a column of lezo porn, lol
err lol
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 29
Location : UK

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 am

looking back at gears the graphics are good but nothing special imo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 30

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Of course it DIDN'T!
Back to top Go down
ImpureKing
Seaman Recruit
ImpureKing

Posts : 14
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 36
Location : Chicago

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:28 pm

1 - The PS3 has more powerful hardware. Im a 360 fan too, but dont kids yourself. The 360's is just easier to use, as it is more similar to PC architecture.

2 - No, I dont think GoW2 came CLOSE to maxing it out. Look at ME2, MW2, or other titles like that. There is always room for improvement.

3 - I wonder if GoW3 will have a new graphical uplift.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:35 pm

ImpureKing wrote:
1 - The PS3 has more powerful hardware. Im a 360 fan too, but dont kids yourself. The 360's is just easier to use, as it is more similar to PC architecture.

2 - No, I dont think GoW2 came CLOSE to maxing it out. Look at ME2, MW2, or other titles like that. There is always room for improvement.

3 - I wonder if GoW3 will have a new graphical uplift.

To be honest, the PS3 graphical output is lesser then the 360. This is due to the small chip next to the main graphical chip on the 360. The small chip enhances AA or anti-aliasing, that means smoothing out jagged edges. The shader pipelines in the graphic chip in the 360 are unified, unlike the dedicated in the RSX in the PS3, the also gives the 360 a major boost in shader processing.

But, the Cell Processor can use one of its 7 "cores" as a graphic help. This is the very tricky to design for on the PS3, since you need to separate the graphical output to two different processing units, the Cell and Reality Synthesiser. But if coded correctly it will give it a boost in graphics, but not to out do the 360's.

The only real thing the PS3 have over the 360 is the Cell and Blu-ray.... Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:45 pm

i don't believe that halo should, Mass effect, gear 3
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 29
Location : behind you

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
ImpureKing wrote:
1 - The PS3 has more powerful hardware. Im a 360 fan too, but dont kids yourself. The 360's is just easier to use, as it is more similar to PC architecture.

2 - No, I dont think GoW2 came CLOSE to maxing it out. Look at ME2, MW2, or other titles like that. There is always room for improvement.

3 - I wonder if GoW3 will have a new graphical uplift.

To be honest, the PS3 graphical output is lesser then the 360. This is due to the small chip next to the main graphical chip on the 360. The small chip enhances AA or anti-aliasing, that means smoothing out jagged edges. The shader pipelines in the graphic chip in the 360 are unified, unlike the dedicated in the RSX in the PS3, the also gives the 360 a major boost in shader processing.

But, the Cell Processor can use one of its 7 "cores" as a graphic help. This is the very tricky to design for on the PS3, since you need to separate the graphical output to two different processing units, the Cell and Reality Synthesiser. But if coded correctly it will give it a boost in graphics, but not to out do the 360's.

The only real thing the PS3 have over the 360 is the Cell and Blu-ray.... Nothing else.

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Saboteur_Aliasing_001.jpg

looks like the small chip aint doing its job
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

igame wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
ImpureKing wrote:
1 - The PS3 has more powerful hardware. Im a 360 fan too, but dont kids yourself. The 360's is just easier to use, as it is more similar to PC architecture.

2 - No, I dont think GoW2 came CLOSE to maxing it out. Look at ME2, MW2, or other titles like that. There is always room for improvement.

3 - I wonder if GoW3 will have a new graphical uplift.

To be honest, the PS3 graphical output is lesser then the 360. This is due to the small chip next to the main graphical chip on the 360. The small chip enhances AA or anti-aliasing, that means smoothing out jagged edges. The shader pipelines in the graphic chip in the 360 are unified, unlike the dedicated in the RSX in the PS3, the also gives the 360 a major boost in shader processing.

But, the Cell Processor can use one of its 7 "cores" as a graphic help. This is the very tricky to design for on the PS3, since you need to separate the graphical output to two different processing units, the Cell and Reality Synthesiser. But if coded correctly it will give it a boost in graphics, but not to out do the 360's.

The only real thing the PS3 have over the 360 is the Cell and Blu-ray.... Nothing else.

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Saboteur_Aliasing_001.jpg

looks like the small chip aint doing its job
LMAO And what is that you think that proves exactly?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

Posts : 1397
Join date : 2009-10-08

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:10 pm

How the fuck they could zoom in so much? Not to mention it looks shopped =X LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 9:43 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
gears 2 didnt touch it since mw 2 has better graphics
not really mw2 just looks more realistic but gears looks cartoony and has better graphics
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 29
Location : behind you

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
igame wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
ImpureKing wrote:
1 - The PS3 has more powerful hardware. Im a 360 fan too, but dont kids yourself. The 360's is just easier to use, as it is more similar to PC architecture.

2 - No, I dont think GoW2 came CLOSE to maxing it out. Look at ME2, MW2, or other titles like that. There is always room for improvement.

3 - I wonder if GoW3 will have a new graphical uplift.

To be honest, the PS3 graphical output is lesser then the 360. This is due to the small chip next to the main graphical chip on the 360. The small chip enhances AA or anti-aliasing, that means smoothing out jagged edges. The shader pipelines in the graphic chip in the 360 are unified, unlike the dedicated in the RSX in the PS3, the also gives the 360 a major boost in shader processing.

But, the Cell Processor can use one of its 7 "cores" as a graphic help. This is the very tricky to design for on the PS3, since you need to separate the graphical output to two different processing units, the Cell and Reality Synthesiser. But if coded correctly it will give it a boost in graphics, but not to out do the 360's.

The only real thing the PS3 have over the 360 is the Cell and Blu-ray.... Nothing else.

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Saboteur_Aliasing_001.jpg

looks like the small chip aint doing its job
LMAO And what is that you think that proves exactly?



you siad that "The small chip enhances AA or anti-aliasing, that means smoothing out jagged edges"
i really dont see that happening in this picture.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 pm

what game is that?
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 29
Location : behind you

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 am

Jamin wrote:
what game is that?

i believe thats The Saboteur
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:49 am

AH! Ok, then yeah, those screenshots are real. I remember now. The developers found some new and efficient way to do anti-aliasing on the PS3 using the Cell Processor. From what they've said, the Xbox360 version looks that way because it doesnt have anti-aliasing.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-03-30
Age : 29
Location : behind you

Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:37 am

Jamin wrote:
AH! Ok, then yeah, those screenshots are real. I remember now. The developers found some new and efficient way to do anti-aliasing on the PS3 using the Cell Processor. From what they've said, the Xbox360 version looks that way because it doesnt have anti-aliasing.

yes thank you for pointing that out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?   Gears of War 2 maxed out 360? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Gears of War 2 maxed out 360?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread
» FS: Spider-Man TAS, various Marvel Legends/Select, Gears of War + more

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: