This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Console Wars Series, Looking Back

Go down 
+8
Lt Xplosi
im-360...xbox360
Cole_Train_Baby
ps3killa
joe11
Noelol
Arbiteris
Stigma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

The Console Wars Series, Looking Back Empty
PostSubject: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Now that i look back on it, we've had a good run, the console war is almost over, the battle may be won, but the war rages on.

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 1: LAUNCH OF THE XBOX 360!

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 2: PS3/WII LAUNCH, THE BATTLE OF THE TITANS!

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 3: SONY'S FALL FROM GRACE

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 4: INVASION OF THE TR3Y BROTHERHOOD

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 5: MLD AND THE XBOX 360 REPUBLIC FIGHT BACK!

CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 6: COLLAPSE OF THE TR3Y BROTHERHOOD

(on air) CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 7: AFTERMATH

(coming soon) CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 8 : FINAL CONFRONTATION; NATAL, SONY'S DEFEAT, AND NINTENDO'S LAST DAYS!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:10 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Woah Woah Woah WOAH!!!!! Nintendo's last days??? The last days is when the Earth goes KABOOM!!!! No one can make Nintendo leave.

Anyways...nice setup. And make them seasons.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:15 pm

(coming soon) CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 8 : FINAL CONFRONTATION; NATAL, SONY'S DEFEAT, AND NINTENDO'S LAST DAYS![/quote]
i don't think the wii will lose 1st place anytime soon
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:22 pm

joe11 wrote:
(coming soon) CONSOLE WARS: EPISODE 8 : FINAL CONFRONTATION; NATAL, SONY'S DEFEAT, AND NINTENDO'S LAST DAYS!
i don't think the wii will lose 1st place anytime soon[/quote]

It's a joke. By the time natal releases the 360 will probably beat the the Wii in monthly sales, or at least match it. But it won't actually beat in total sales.

Edit: Well if natal does become ALL THAT, then the 360 might just have a chance at taking out the Wii.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 10:31 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:

It's a joke. By the time natal releases the 360 will probably beat the the Wii in monthly sales, or at least match it. But it won't actually beat in total sales.

Edit: Well if natal does become ALL THAT, then the 360 might just have a chance at taking out the Wii.[/quote]
well see in fall
Back to top Go down
ps3killa
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
ps3killa

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:56 am

the ps3 is a shit console it'll KABOOM before you can say natal
Back to top Go down
Cole_Train_Baby
Seaman Recruit
Cole_Train_Baby

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:25 am

joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Edit: Well if natal does become ALL THAT, then the 360 might just have a chance at taking out the Wii.

The Wii will never be topped, it's as simple as that and don't even mention monthly sales because in that case the PS3 is currently beating us!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Cole_Train_Baby wrote:
joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:

The Wii will never be topped, it's as simple as that and don't even mention monthly sales because in that case the PS3 is currently beating us!

I dont think wii will go down to 2nd or 3rd place.But,the reason PS3 is beating us in monthly sales is because of 2009.This will change in 2010

2 PS3 exclusive's already flopped.When 360 has already got an average score game of 9.6.Ms is having a great start this year and Sony isnt.I am sure Heavy Rain and GOW 3 will be AAA,but what other game's these year's?Maybe GT5, if it comes out(i doubt it).

MS has Natal coming out this year also.Which has been getting lot's of praise by developer's.If Natal succed's,wii and PS3 will be in trouble.Natal will be a console seller.It might steal most of the casual gamer's from the wii.and it certainly wont be good new's for Sony.I think MS can achieve Natal.They have the money and rescource's.

Not to mention former PS3 exclusive's have been going multiplat.Which also isnt good for Sony.
Back to top Go down
Cole_Train_Baby
Seaman Recruit
Cole_Train_Baby

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:44 pm

I know Sony isn't a threat to us in the long run but I don't buy this whole "NATAL will steal most of the casual gamers from the Wii" argument.

Because if your a casual gamer then you more than likely already own a Wii, I don't see why you would spend the money buying a whole new console, the related peripherals and then the games just to get a similar gaming experience your already getting from a console you currently own. You have to understand that casual gamers don't care as much as we do.

Don't get me wrong if NATAL had come out a couple of years ago or even just 1 year ago then I believe there would of been a good chance of us capturing a large proportion of the Wii's market share, I just can't help but feel it's just too late to turn the tide now.
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

wow!!! we got kendo wars and!! console wars !!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Cole_Train_Baby wrote:
I know Sony isn't a threat to us in the long run but I don't buy this whole "NATAL will steal most of the casual gamers from the Wii" argument.

Because if your a casual gamer then you more than likely already own a Wii, I don't see why you would spend the money buying a whole new console, the related peripherals and then the games just to get a similar gaming experience your already getting from a console you currently own. You have to understand that casual gamers don't care as much as we do.

Don't get me wrong if NATAL had come out a couple of years ago or even just 1 year ago then I believe there would of been a good chance of us capturing a large proportion of the Wii's market share, I just can't help but feel it's just too late to turn the tide now.

All right.Lets be honest.Many casual gamer's wh play the wii are people like soccer mom's and people like that.They play sport's on the wii using a controller(wii mote).You dont need a controller of some sort to play sport's on Natal.You actually use all of you leg's and arm's to play natal.Just like in Real life.

Playing sport's on Natal will be alot more realistic and feal alot more realistic.

If Natal prove's to be a huge success,then the new's about it will spread around quickly like it did for the wii.Next thing you know,all of these grown up's hear about Natal and want to buy Natal.Xbox wil then be a gaming console for hardcore AND casual gamer's

Now,we dont know if Natal will prove to be a hit but if it does....
Back to top Go down
Cole_Train_Baby
Seaman Recruit
Cole_Train_Baby

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Cole_Train_Baby wrote:

All right.Lets be honest.Many casual gamer's wh play the wii are people like soccer mom's and people like that.They play sport's on the wii using a controller(wii mote).You dont need a controller of some sort to play sport's on Natal.You actually use all of you leg's and arm's to play natal.Just like in Real life.

Playing sport's on Natal will be alot more realistic and feal alot more realistic.

If Natal prove's to be a huge success,then the new's about it will spread around quickly like it did for the wii.Next thing you know,all of these grown up's hear about Natal and want to buy Natal.Xbox wil then be a gaming console for hardcore AND casual gamer's

Don't get me wrong pal, I think NATAL will be hit, all i'm saying is that it will have come along far too long into the 360's lifespan to make much of a difference now. Microsoft's best bet would be to make people aware of NATAL this generation and then to release NATAL 2 or whatever with the release of the xbox 720 then we can hope to dominate the market the Wii has held for so long next gen.

However I see NATAL as a complete fail from a personal point of view because firtsly I pronounce casual gamers the same way I pronounce tape worms and secondly without any kind of controller what kind of movement is availble within a game? Atleast with a wii mote you could use the anologe sticks or something like that to move your character in ways a controller-less system ever can and if it's so much like sports in real life then why not play sports in real life... for free?

Sorry for ranting I just hate the thought of the Wii phenomenon ruining proper games consloes like the 360 and I can even extend that to the PS3 in that respect.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 am

Cole_Train_Baby wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Cole_Train_Baby wrote:

Don't get me wrong pal, I think NATAL will be hit, all i'm saying is that it will have come along far too long into the 360's lifespan to make much of a difference now. Microsoft's best bet would be to make people aware of NATAL this generation and then to release NATAL 2 or whatever with the release of the xbox 720 then we can hope to dominate the market the Wii has held for so long next gen.

However I see NATAL as a complete fail from a personal point of view because firtsly I pronounce casual gamers the same way I pronounce tape worms and secondly without any kind of controller what kind of movement is availble within a game? Atleast with a wii mote you could use the anologe sticks or something like that to move your character in ways a controller-less system ever can and if it's so much like sports in real life then why not play sports in real life... for free?

Sorry for ranting I just hate the thought of the Wii phenomenon ruining proper games consloes like the 360 and I can even extend that to the PS3 in that respect.

1. Natal is not for Halo or any other franchise you love.

2. Casual gamers will eat that shit up. They will buy it like crazy, which means more system sales which means more developers moving over to the 360.

3. It's not for you and you don't have to buy it. The 360 is not going to instantly turn into a Wii. It will still be the best console on the market and have the best games. With Natal it will also appeal to soccer moms.

4. The Wii doesn't count, because it's not a full next gen system. It can sell to all the casuals in the world but if it can't run a game like Gears of War 2 or Uncharted 2 then it is meaningless and irrelevant.

5. Don't call Natal a fail until it has at least been released. How can something have already failed when we don't now it's name, it's games, or it's final specifications?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Cole_Train_Baby
Seaman Recruit
Cole_Train_Baby

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:11 am

No need for the hostility 343_Guilty_Spark, I just know myself and I know for a fact after coming home from work the last thing I will ever want to do is throw my arms and legs around like a Tool thats why I said it was a fail from a PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Cole_Train_Baby wrote:
No need for the hostility 343_Guilty_Spark, I just know myself and I know for a fact after coming home from work the last thing I will ever want to do is throw my arms and legs around like a Tool thats why I said it was a fail from a PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW.

If you read all 5 of my points you would have noticed that you don't have to buy it if you don't want to and the games you want to play won't use it. The "fail" here is your personal point of view, not an add-on that's yet to be fully revealed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

it happen so fast
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:23 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Woah Woah Woah WOAH!!!!! Nintendo's last days??? The last days is when the Earth goes KABOOM!!!! No one can make Nintendo leave.

Lol maybe not but let's face it, they've been going downhill since the launch of the ds & wii. Not in terms of sales but the gaming experience.

I mean the gamecube for all it's flaws had some really hardcore and quality games. I actually played my gamecube more than my ps2.
But the wii and ds are both aimed at the casual gamers mainly and there are few titles that really raise any standards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 7:47 am

Cole_Train_Baby wrote:
joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:

LMAO How so? PS3 is in last place.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:53 am

demondragondude wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Lol maybe not but let's face it, they've been going downhill since the launch of the ds & wii. Not in terms of sales but the gaming experience.

I mean the gamecube for all it's flaws had some really hardcore and quality games. I actually played my gamecube more than my ps2.
But the wii and ds are both aimed at the casual gamers mainly and there are few titles that really raise any standards.

Well Wii has Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid, No More Heroes 2, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Legend of Zelda, Tales of Grace, Castle of Shikigami III, Zack and Wiki, and alot more.
And DS...they have...IDK. I lost track.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:28 pm

NINTENDO NOOOOOOOOOOOO WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO METROID !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 pm

I doubt Nintendo will ever die.They made a fortune this gen.They alway's pull though.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I doubt Nintendo will ever die.They made a fortune this gen.They alway's pull though.
Nintendo has already won this generation.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Nintendo has already won this generation.
yup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Console Wars Series, Looking Back   The Console Wars Series, Looking Back Empty

Back to top Go down

The Console Wars Series, Looking Back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: