This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

$50 Bucks A Year For What??

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? Empty
PostSubject: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Now doesn't these words sound like a PS3 fanboy when they are talking about Xbox Live! I love when they say this, because I always respond with something very simple like: (Hows that GTA 4 DLC on PS3? Did you have fun talking to your friends why you guys are playing 2 different games? What do you mean where is Microsoft getting this money to pay for timed DLC? How long did your last update take on your favorite game? How was it to chat online with people you know in real life from school/work ect?) I mean the list goes on and on for why we Xbox gamers are willing to pay $50 bucks a year for online! Because what we play as DLC and the features we have is what you will have in a year if ever! Sorry for rambling on but what do you guys think when fanboys throw $50 dollars a year for Xbox Live at you?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 3:15 pm

I can't believe they complain about €50 a year! XBL is untouchable....I mean if the PS3 was overall the better console, ie games, performance and online ,well I'd be registered at PlaystationUniversity prasing it. But its not.They are in denial. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:13 am

I can believe they can complain because they never played it. If they say they did, they are stupid, lying or they just played for a day. Really, you get exactly what you pay for.

O and you forgot "Can you game with fame?" cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:22 pm

u can have live for free by buying games with a month free of live, using mirosoft points, and bundles
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:22 am

xbox live gold is great it gives discount at many games too
and that way you can earn 50 bucks easily
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:59 pm

I pay just for all that stuff. But more importantly because I wanna play online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:02 am

The term "you get what you pay for" will always say hello.
Back to top Go down
Razorcloud
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:36 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
I can't believe they complain about €50 a year! XBL is untouchable....I mean if the PS3 was overall the better console, ie games, performance and online ,well I'd be registered at PlaystationUniversity prasing it. But its not.They are in denial. Plain and simple.
you say untouchable yet you forget PC
Back to top Go down
Razorcloud
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
so an infinite supply of screaming 12 year olds only costs 50$?
sounds like a bad deal to me.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:22 am

Razorcloud wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
so an infinite supply of screaming 12 year olds only costs 50$?
sounds like a bad deal to me.
lol its better than being in a graveyard on psn, what i mean by that is that ppl hardly have mics on psn
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 am

It is stupid that you have to pay $50/year just because there are a few features that Live has that PS3 doesnt have (yet). The feature that comes to mind the most is cross game chat. Imo if the PS3 had this Live and PSN would be equal. I play online on both consoles and connectivity wise I havent seen a big difference at all that justifys the cost.

I mean come on just because it is slightly better should you have to pay for it? In all reality no one really wants to pay to play their games online. Every 360 owner would jump for joy if they made it free. But instead they force you to pay for Live if you want to play a multi-player game online and leaves the 360 community making excuses like an abused woman defending her piece of shit boyfriend.

/rant
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:38 am

The money that goes into Live Gold also bounces back upon the gamer.

Notice the; Early demo's (before the PS3 receive them and sometimes not at all), Beta's (same deal), matchmaking & finally but certainly not last would be the exclusive content and DLC (either timed or full).

I have PSN also but it feels detached, although it connects you to a network, you still feel alone and in seclusion using PSN. It's free and for some people that's all they need, but for me, I don't use it anymore because like the other apps it feels out of place and detached.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 am

$50 /yr for a service which integrates everything on the 360 and has a good fluent flow to it.
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 am

Zombl337 wrote:
$50 /yr for a service which integrates everything on the 360 and has a good fluent flow to it.

See you are getting things confused with what you are getting with Live. Lets say you have no Internet connection but have all the latest updates you still have several features that are built into the OS not Live. For example the media support, the ability to install games to the HDD, just to name a few. Now lets say you only have a Silver account. You still have access to all the Demo's and what not. Now you pay and what do you really get the ability to play your $60 game online and cross game chat?

Also Live $$ paying for exclusive DLC timed or otherwise is speculation. MS is doing it to knock the competition down it has nothing to do with the consumer. Its actually a brilliant marketing strategy I'll give them that. If you are a hardcore GTA fan and you finally saved up enough cash to buy a console and you havent decided which console too choose yet which one you think its going to be?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

360fourlife wrote:
It is stupid that you have to pay $50/year just because there are a few features that Live has that PS3 doesnt have (yet). The feature that comes to mind the most is cross game chat. Imo if the PS3 had this Live and PSN would be equal. I play online on both consoles and connectivity wise I havent seen a big difference at all that justifys the cost.

I mean come on just because it is slightly better should you have to pay for it? In all reality no one really wants to pay to play their games online. Every 360 owner would jump for joy if they made it free. But instead they force you to pay for Live if you want to play a multi-player game online and leaves the 360 community making excuses like an abused woman defending her piece of shit boyfriend.

/rant

Dude,think before you say something stupid.I mean seriously.

LIVE has many features(they might not be huge but theres alot) than PSN.And PSn wont catch up to XBL.Because everytime PSN gets a new feature XBL,XBL would have come out with e nwer thing that PSN doesnt have.So PSN will keep playing catch up.

oh im sorry,i guess 50$ a year is too much even though you bought a PS3.My bad,i didnt think it wuld be such a big deal to pay 5$ for quality service instead of paying 5$ for buying a coffee and donut.

you say that 360 community is making excuses about paying for online when PS3 fanboys buy a 60$ online only game called MAG.

BTW,Sony has been greatly hinting that there going to charge for PSN soon.
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Ok name all these great features that justify the cost. I'm talking LIVE gold only not whats included in the OS or what you can do with a Silver account. I will admit Live is better but imo only slightly. It use to be WAY better than PSN but they are catching up.

Quote :
you say that 360 community is making excuses about paying for online when PS3 fanboys buy a 60$ online only game called MAG.

are you serious? You guys are a bunch of fanboys yourself but you want to constantly rip on the PS3 "fanboy" community. Give me a break. I guarantee most of you were Sony fanboys in the PS1 and PS2 days. Now the 360 is out and you turn your back on the company that brought THE BEST games for years.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:20 pm

360fourlife wrote:
Ok name all these great features that justify the cost. I'm talking LIVE gold only not whats included in the OS or what you can do with a Silver account. I will admit Live is better but imo only slightly. It use to be WAY better than PSN but they are catching up.

Quote :

are you serious? You guys are a bunch of fanboys yourself but you want to constantly rip on the PS3 "fanboy" community. Give me a break. I guarantee most of you were Sony fanboys in the PS1 and PS2 days. Now the 360 is out and you turn your back on the company that brought THE BEST games for years.

Could you please clarify whos fanboys? I know alot of members here who are neatrul. Think,mate, before you type.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
360fourlife wrote:

Quote :

Could you please clarify whos fanboys? I know alot of members here who are neatrul. Think,mate, before you type.

He thinks anyone who loves the 360 more than PS3 is a fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:33 pm

360fourlife wrote:

Quote :

Go find a thread here listing all the features's.

Are you stupid?For everytime PSN releases a new feature,XBL has too.So they will always play Catch up.

You really want me to show you N4G and PSU to prove my point about Ps3 fanboys being the worst?Cause i will.

You need to think before you type.It doesnt matter at all if people hre used to be PS fanboys.This is 7th Generation.Not 6th or 5th.PS3 was a HUGE dissapointment compared to the PS2.PS3 fanboys are insecure abouit there console,they are the scum of the gaming industry.

"You guys are truning your backs on Sony".Rofl!!!

Oh noes,we all betrayed them lmao

I didnt see PS2 or PS1 bring great shooters and RPG's like Halo and KOTOR.Yes,PS2 had wonderful game,s but so did Xbox.

If we are so bad,why are you here?Answer that.And dont make pathetic excuses

Oh and BTW,I used to be a Nintendo fan or "fanboy".I am still a Nintendo fan though.
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
360fourlife wrote:

Quote :

Go find a thread here listing all the features's.
I've used both and the only thing that sticks out thats worth anything is cross game chat. It really is a great feature especially playing games like Gears Wingman.

Are you stupid?For everytime PSN releases a new feature,XBL has too.So they will always play Catch up.
Yes. I'm actually a retard. They may always be playing catch up but it doesnt mean the PSN isnt good. PS3 has Home, a feature that Live doesnt have. Its an epic failure imo though

You really want me to show you N4G and PSU to prove my point about Ps3 fanboys being the worst?Cause i will.
The fanboyism is just as bad here at it is at PSU honestly

You need to think before you type.It doesnt matter at all if people hre used to be PS fanboys.This is 7th Generation.Not 6th or 5th.PS3 was a HUGE dissapointment compared to the PS2.PS3 fanboys are insecure abouit there console,they are the scum of the gaming industry.
The only reason there are so many 360 fans is because it was released a year before the PS3. It came at a cost though.....the RROD problem and its much much worse than the YLOD.

"You guys are truning your backs on Sony".Rofl!!!
Once again if it was the first console out more people would have it. Good marketing strategy once again on MS's behalf.

Oh noes,we all betrayed them lmao
You know that I re-read my post it made me lol too.

I didnt see PS2 or PS1 bring great shooters and RPG's like Halo and KOTOR.Yes,PS2 had wonderful game,s but so did Xbox.
Halo is a piece of shit of a game. I hate it. I wasted a DVD +R DL disc on it. Never played KOTOR though. But wait the PS2 didnt bring great RPG's......your kidding right?
If we are so bad,why are you here?Answer that.And dont make pathetic excuses
Didnt say this was a bad community. I just didnt realize how extremely biased this site is. Still like the 360 better though but only because its modded honestly. I was actually trying to find a modding site when I stumbled across this site.

Oh and BTW,I used to be a Nintendo fan or "fanboy".I am still a Nintendo fan though.
Same here. Always have and always will be a Nintendo fan. The Wii disappoints me a little though. Its a good thing I have it softmodded so I cant complain that much.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm

XBOX LIVE has always been better.
More downloads.
More features.
Better interface.
More players with mics
Less online issues ie: lag, dropping out from games, etc
Better updates
Free games & stuff
etc
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Most people who like the 360 more than the PS3 are gamers, to be a fan and be a fanboy/zealot is totally different.

This guy saying PSN almost as good as Live is a mockery, but it's his opinion and in that I'd say I disagree.

He talks about Live Gold and not for a second does he not contemplate that Live is heavily based on its online infrastructure, sure the 360 has many features built into its O/S but what makes the 360 stand out online from the PS3 is that its ONLINE infrastructure was an original thought to how the console will complement it and without Live GOLD the 360 doesn't allow Cross game chat, Twitter, Facebook, Last. FM, Match making, 8 player parties, etc...

This guy is incapable of seeing what the O/S does regardless; in game music, in game guide, auto turn off after 6 hours of no use. ...And what the 360 does with Live gold (mentioned above).

Barely better than PSN? Please 360fourlife, do not come here and parade around with a nickname such as 360fourlife and act like a PS3 zealot, this forum is built to keep those kinds out.

Last edited by A7MAD_AU on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:08 pm

A7MAD_AU wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Most people who like the 360 more than the PS3 are gamers, to be a fan and be a fanboy/zealot is totally different.

This guy saying PSN almost as good as Live is a mockery, but it's his opinion and in that I'd say I disagree.

He talks about Live Gold and not for a second does he not contemplate that Live is heavily based on its online infrastructure, sure the 360 has many features built into its O/S but what makes the 360 stand out online from the PS3 is that its ONLINE infrastructure was an original thought to how the console will complement it and without Live GOLD the 360 doesn't allow Cross game chat, Twitter, Facebook, Last. FM, Match making, 8 player parties, etc...

This guy is incapable of seeing what the O/S does regardless; in game music, in game guide, auto turn off after 6 hours of no use. ...And what the 360 does with Live gold (mentioned above).

Barely better than PSN? Please 360fourlife, do not come here and parade around with a nickname such as 360fourlife and act like a PS3 zealot, this forum is built to keep those kinds out.

Hey hey A7MAD AU that quote wasnt from me, so please fix it. But i agree with you about this guy.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 pm

this all kinda turned into a shit storm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? Empty

Back to top Go down

$50 Bucks A Year For What??
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next