This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 $50 Bucks A Year For What??

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:33 pm

In live u have party mode,cross game chat,faster downloads,Zune market place,net-flex steaming,earlier dlc, and better updates
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

Posts : 249
Join date : 2010-02-26

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:37 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Hey hey A7MAD AU that quote wasnt from me, so please fix it. But i agree with you about this guy.

Fixed, sorry about that. Wink
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.
Back to top Go down
3DO Teabagger
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
3DO Teabagger

Posts : 159
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 35

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:35 am

joe11 wrote:
In live u have party mode,cross game chat,faster downloads,Zune market place,net-flex steaming,earlier dlc, and better updates

Actually with update speeds, you have to enable this feature on your PS3 that will make it tap into your network and download faster, I forget its name, but search "faster PS3 downloads" in youtuebe.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 am

360fourlife wrote:

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

If you think paying for a fast and stable service is so bad then go back to PSN where you have global crashes that cause the console to not play any games and for the system to crash every time a big release such as MW2 comes out. Your choice.
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:28 am

ghost23 wrote:
360fourlife wrote:

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

If you think paying for a fast and stable service is so bad then go back to PSN where you have global crashes that cause the console to not play any games and for the system to crash every time a big release such as MW2 comes out. Your choice.

Actually I have played MW2 on both systems. They are equally bad at dropping the connections. I have 3 to 4 bars on both systems usually unless I'm in a lobby with a shitty host. I actually play MW2 more on the PS3 because I have more RL friends that play it (its weird because its usually the other way around).That brings me to another point. Why would you or me be a host when paying $50/year? Shouldn't MS be the host?


Look I'm done with this thread. You guys can keep justifying the cost of Live but I prefer not to have to pay for parking when I go eat at a restaurant. Parking should be included in the price.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am

I dont play MW2 at all on any system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:16 pm

360fourlife wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

So,your able to buy video games and gaming consoles yet you cant afford 5$ a month?Give me a break.

LIVE can be free.But you wont get all of the great features.So it's not like there forcing you.

You cant think of any reasons to say it's so bad.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 pm

HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

So,your able to buy video games and gaming consoles yet you cant afford 5$ a month?Give me a break.

LIVE can be free.But you wont get all of the great features.So it's not like there forcing you.

You cant think of any reasons to say it's so bad.
it can be free by looks at deals,buying games that have a free month of life and using mirosoft points
Back to top Go down
360fourlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:44 am

joe11 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

So,your able to buy video games and gaming consoles yet you cant afford 5$ a month?Give me a break.

LIVE can be free.But you wont get all of the great features.So it's not like there forcing you.

You cant think of any reasons to say it's so bad.
it can be free by looks at deals,buying games that have a free month of life and using mirosoft points

I said I was done with this thread but I thought I would sum it up for you since you are to lazy to read the whole thread. I PIRATE GAMES FOR THE 360!! Get it now? $50 a year is no big deal considering I dont pay for games. If I get banned I do a gut swap and MS gets their banned console back. For me its a win win.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:42 pm

360fourlife wrote:
joe11 wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol

6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

So,your able to buy video games and gaming consoles yet you cant afford 5$ a month?Give me a break.

LIVE can be free.But you wont get all of the great features.So it's not like there forcing you.

You cant think of any reasons to say it's so bad.
it can be free by looks at deals,buying games that have a free month of life and using mirosoft points

I said I was done with this thread but I thought I would sum it up for you since you are to lazy to read the whole thread. I PIRATE GAMES FOR THE 360!! Get it now? $50 a year is no big deal considering I dont pay for games. If I get banned I do a gut swap and MS gets their banned console back. For me its a win win.

Ironic how you call me lazy yet you cant go to a store and buy games properly.

You are done with this thread cause you cant think of any more excuses.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 10:38 pm

I think with all Sony says is coming, MS should lower the price, IF all they say is coming to PSN. Other then that, I have no problem paying 50 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Well, I pay for 2 accounts a year. So that's 100 dollars for me. i still find it worth it. With the benefits and what not.

You get:

-Cross game Chat
-XBL party system
-Cross game invites
-Ingame music
-Better organized friendslist
-Last FM
-1080p movie streaming service
-Voice messaging
-Rep system
-Exclusive Demos, and exclusive/timed exclusive DLC
-Dual login support.
-etc
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 1:22 pm

360fourlife wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
360fourlife wrote:

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

If you think paying for a fast and stable service is so bad then go back to PSN where you have global crashes that cause the console to not play any games and for the system to crash every time a big release such as MW2 comes out. Your choice.

Actually I have played MW2 on both systems. They are equally bad at dropping the connections. I have 3 to 4 bars on both systems usually unless I'm in a lobby with a shitty host. I actually play MW2 more on the PS3 because I have more RL friends that play it (its weird because its usually the other way around).That brings me to another point. Why would you or me be a host when paying $50/year? Shouldn't MS be the host?


Look I'm done with this thread. You guys can keep justifying the cost of Live but I prefer not to have to pay for parking when I go eat at a restaurant. Parking should be included in the price.

*Sigh*

It's not the connection that makes XBL better. It's the features. Like Cross Game chat, XBL party system, cross game invites, voice messaging, etc. If you are the type of player that always plays with their friends, then you would know how convinient these features can be. Paying 4 dollars a month is NOTHING anyways. WOW users pay 15 dollars a month to play one online game.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:33 pm

360fourlife wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Ok,let me explain thing for you.These are replys to what you just said

1:There is alotm ore features then that
I know but like I said before the only one I find useful is the cross game chat. That doesnt justify me personally paying $50/year to play online.
So basically, you are a minimalist and think PSN offers enough features to meet your criteria. For others, especially those you play with their friends constantly, find Cross-Game chat, the party system, Cross-game invites, Voice messaging, and a more organized friendlist VERY convinient. Now let's talk about competitive gaming and the community. First off, the PSN community is way too silient. In a game of MW2 on PSN i played last night, onl 2 or 3 people had mics, it felt like I was playing against AI bots. Second, PS3 has almost NO competitive online gaming I can think of. Maybe gamebattles, but Xbox Live has always been the center of attention for GB.

2:Did i ever say PSN is bad?No i didnt.XBL is just alot better.And you have to admit that.
No sir you did not and yes I agree 110%
Um...Okay?

3:What do you expect genius.It is a fanbase.But wont wont find as much fanboyism then many other forums.And if you disagree,give more proof.
I agree with you for the most part. I just like games and hardware so they are both awesome. And yes I'm a retarded genius lol.
You seem to like to rip on the 360 alot. I understand some people on this forums have an unrealistic hate for the PS3, but come on.

4:Sony made a mistake with the PS3.They shouldnt have made it blu ray(it costed them 3 years of losing money and there fanbase).NPC has confirmed that 360 does have twice the size of PS3's.And PS3 is cheaper now so that isnt an excuse.BTW,tradesquare confirmed that 360's failure rate is below 10%.FACT
I'm gonna have to disagree with you sir. Sony made the right decision by including the blu-ray drive. I agree that it hurt them in the short term but just like investing in the stock market they are in it for the long haul and it WILL do them good you'll see. Sony predicts the PS3 to have a 10 year life span. Lets say an epic role playing game is originally designed for the PS3 (like FF13) and it requires 2 DL blu-ray disks? Whats MS gonna do put it on 10 disks? Not happening. MS made the mistake of using a DVD drive and thats a fact. The failure rate now may be 10% after the falcon and jasper revisions came out. The original design was much higher unfortunately and I have suffered a total of 4 rrod and never one PS3 failure and I bought it first.

Do you REALLY want to know the truth about Blu-ray on the PS3? The PS3 NEEDS Blu-ray. Whenever the RSX can't handle the workload, developers decide to make the textures be streamed off the disc. There is also a process called "Data Duplication" which alot of developers use in order to maintain a consistant framerate. God of War 3, which was 7 hours long and had no replay value, took a whopping 35 GBs off of a dual-layered Blu-ray disc. So in reality, Blu-ray and the Cell are mostly used to compensate for the lack of horsepower on the RSX graphics card. The Xenos has the eDRAM chip which takes a good porportion of the workload off of the GPU as well. Not to mention the Xenos has lossless compression abilities that can save 3 times the space with little to negligible quality loss. But I'm not going to be a fanboy, there ARE advantages to Blu-ray. One of them would be that it could hold more cinematics. Which is the case for FF13 and MGS4. FF13 was 40 GBs uncompressed, 32 GBs were cutscenes alone. Luckily most game developers (Like Bioware) use ingame cinematics which don't take anywhere near as much space. Most games fit fine on one disc, the ones that don't will either have a mandatory installation disc for extra content (Forza 3), or just make it to where disc swapping is needed. Which isn't anywhere near as bad as PS3 fanboys keep trying to make it sound.

Main point: PS3 needs Blu-ray. The 360 doesn't.

5:WRONG.I dont know about you but im pretty sure 90% of gamers wont buy a gaming console for 600$
WRONG!!....well sorta I bought my PS3 for $500 lol


6:Yes,i thought you would laugh
indeed

7:Halo is a wonderful series if you hate it or not.Shooter's wouldnt be like today if it wasnt for Halo.Each Halo gmaes has gotten great scores and praise.It isnt a peice of shit.KOTOR was known to be the best RPG last gen.PS2 had RPG's but they didnt match up to KOTOR.
WRONG! Goldeneye 64 set the pathway for shooters and you can thank Nintendo for that Wink Like I said before I never played KOTOR nor did I have an original XBOX but I'm sure its awesome.

Halo brought health bounding meters and one button grenade. Which EVERY modern shooter uses today. Including PS3 exclusives like Killzone and Resistance.

8:Many members here do use factual evidence alot.A few members can be pretty biased but not everyone.If you disagree,give me proof.
I agree for the most part but with this factual evidence needs to be trustworthy websites and not a bunch of youtube videos made by biased people. As my speech teacher in college always use to say, "Give me 3 CREDIBLE sources and I will believe you."

If you are going to argue and bash people here,then this site isnt for you.
I have not one time bashed any member here. In fact you were the one who asked if I was stupid on more than one occasion. If I seem like I'm arguing its not exactly the case. I just like to view the world through unbiased eyes and considering this is literally a PS3 fanboy bashing thread I just gave my unbiased outlook on the situation.

*back on topic*

The fee for Live is ridiculous. You have one of the most profitable and largest computer companies charging for an online service. Give me a break. I'm not saying its not the best because it is but its just a bunch of BS to charge people to play their already expensive games online. I guess thats my point.

Not going to even try. If you haven't figured out that XBL is worth it in the long run for alot of hardcore gamers, then I can't I help you. If you don't like it don't buy it simple as that. Stop trying to make Microsoft sound like a Nazi corporation.



Responses in Italic or underlined....LOL
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 30

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 12:37 am

$50 a yr for a 100% secure, warrintied for 1-3 yrs (depending on issue), and has Apps that run well instead of a shitty web browser (we may also be getting Hulu on 360 Smile)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:50 pm

HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Ok name all these great features that justify the cost. I'm talking LIVE gold only not whats included in the OS or what you can do with a Silver account. I will admit Live is better but imo only slightly. It use to be WAY better than PSN but they are catching up.

Quote :
you say that 360 community is making excuses about paying for online when PS3 fanboys buy a 60$ online only game called MAG.

are you serious? You guys are a bunch of fanboys yourself but you want to constantly rip on the PS3 "fanboy" community. Give me a break. I guarantee most of you were Sony fanboys in the PS1 and PS2 days. Now the 360 is out and you turn your back on the company that brought THE BEST games for years.

Go find a thread here listing all the features's.

Are you stupid?For everytime PSN releases a new feature,XBL has too.So they will always play Catch up.

You really want me to show you N4G and PSU to prove my point about Ps3 fanboys being the worst?Cause i will.

You need to think before you type.It doesnt matter at all if people hre used to be PS fanboys.This is 7th Generation.Not 6th or 5th.PS3 was a HUGE dissapointment compared to the PS2.PS3 fanboys are insecure abouit there console,they are the scum of the gaming industry.

"You guys are truning your backs on Sony".Rofl!!!

Oh noes,we all betrayed them lmao

I didnt see PS2 or PS1 bring great shooters and RPG's like Halo and KOTOR.Yes,PS2 had wonderful game,s but so did Xbox.

If we are so bad,why are you here?Answer that.And dont make pathetic excuses

Oh and BTW,I used to be a Nintendo fan or "fanboy".I am still a Nintendo fan though.

I lol'ed when you said ''Did I see the PS2 and PS1 bring great RPG's?'' Are you serious? Thats obsurd.

1) Disgaea
2) Xenosaga
3) Final Fantasy X
4) La Pucelle Tactics
5) Dark Cloud
6) Kingdom Hearts
7) Dual Hearts
Cool Final Fantasy X-2
9) Legend of Legaia 2 (that was a PS2 game, right?

And don't get me started on the PS1

Final Fantasy VII, Wild Arms, Suikoden, Grandia, and Saga Frontier.

Shooters I'm not to sure about but RPG's? Please. PS1 and PS2 had it made there.

But its true, $50 isn't much for what it offers. And Sony has been hinting that it wants you to pay a fee for additional features, not for the entire thing.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:02 pm

!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Ok name all these great features that justify the cost. I'm talking LIVE gold only not whats included in the OS or what you can do with a Silver account. I will admit Live is better but imo only slightly. It use to be WAY better than PSN but they are catching up.

Quote :
you say that 360 community is making excuses about paying for online when PS3 fanboys buy a 60$ online only game called MAG.

are you serious? You guys are a bunch of fanboys yourself but you want to constantly rip on the PS3 "fanboy" community. Give me a break. I guarantee most of you were Sony fanboys in the PS1 and PS2 days. Now the 360 is out and you turn your back on the company that brought THE BEST games for years.

Go find a thread here listing all the features's.

Are you stupid?For everytime PSN releases a new feature,XBL has too.So they will always play Catch up.

You really want me to show you N4G and PSU to prove my point about Ps3 fanboys being the worst?Cause i will.

You need to think before you type.It doesnt matter at all if people hre used to be PS fanboys.This is 7th Generation.Not 6th or 5th.PS3 was a HUGE dissapointment compared to the PS2.PS3 fanboys are insecure abouit there console,they are the scum of the gaming industry.

"You guys are truning your backs on Sony".Rofl!!!

Oh noes,we all betrayed them lmao

I didnt see PS2 or PS1 bring great shooters and RPG's like Halo and KOTOR.Yes,PS2 had wonderful game,s but so did Xbox.

If we are so bad,why are you here?Answer that.And dont make pathetic excuses

Oh and BTW,I used to be a Nintendo fan or "fanboy".I am still a Nintendo fan though.

I lol'ed when you said ''Did I see the PS2 and PS1 bring great RPG's?'' Are you serious? Thats obsurd.

1) Disgaea
2) Xenosaga
3) Final Fantasy X
4) La Pucelle Tactics
5) Dark Cloud
6) Kingdom Hearts
7) Dual Hearts
Cool Final Fantasy X-2
9) Legend of Legaia 2 (that was a PS2 game, right?

And don't get me started on the PS1

Final Fantasy VII, Wild Arms, Suikoden, Grandia, and Saga Frontier.

Shooters I'm not to sure about but RPG's? Please. PS1 and PS2 had it made there.

But its true, $50 isn't much for what it offers. And Sony has been hinting that it wants you to pay a fee for the entire thing.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 pm

!i wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
360fourlife wrote:
Ok name all these great features that justify the cost. I'm talking LIVE gold only not whats included in the OS or what you can do with a Silver account. I will admit Live is better but imo only slightly. It use to be WAY better than PSN but they are catching up.

Quote :
you say that 360 community is making excuses about paying for online when PS3 fanboys buy a 60$ online only game called MAG.

are you serious? You guys are a bunch of fanboys yourself but you want to constantly rip on the PS3 "fanboy" community. Give me a break. I guarantee most of you were Sony fanboys in the PS1 and PS2 days. Now the 360 is out and you turn your back on the company that brought THE BEST games for years.

Go find a thread here listing all the features's.

Are you stupid?For everytime PSN releases a new feature,XBL has too.So they will always play Catch up.

You really want me to show you N4G and PSU to prove my point about Ps3 fanboys being the worst?Cause i will.

You need to think before you type.It doesnt matter at all if people hre used to be PS fanboys.This is 7th Generation.Not 6th or 5th.PS3 was a HUGE dissapointment compared to the PS2.PS3 fanboys are insecure abouit there console,they are the scum of the gaming industry.

"You guys are truning your backs on Sony".Rofl!!!

Oh noes,we all betrayed them lmao

I didnt see PS2 or PS1 bring great shooters and RPG's like Halo and KOTOR.Yes,PS2 had wonderful game,s but so did Xbox.

If we are so bad,why are you here?Answer that.And dont make pathetic excuses

Oh and BTW,I used to be a Nintendo fan or "fanboy".I am still a Nintendo fan though.

I lol'ed when you said ''Did I see the PS2 and PS1 bring great RPG's?'' Are you serious? Thats obsurd.

1) Disgaea
2) Xenosaga
3) Final Fantasy X
4) La Pucelle Tactics
5) Dark Cloud
6) Kingdom Hearts
7) Dual Hearts
Cool Final Fantasy X-2
9) Legend of Legaia 2 (that was a PS2 game, right?

And don't get me started on the PS1

Final Fantasy VII, Wild Arms, Suikoden, Grandia, and Saga Frontier.

Shooters I'm not to sure about but RPG's? Please. PS1 and PS2 had it made there.

But its true, $50 isn't much for what it offers. And Sony has been hinting that it wants you to pay a fee for additional features, not for the entire thing.

I was referring to western RPG's
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Should have cleared that up. But either way, I say you edit that post because as of now, its completely wrong.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 pm

!i wrote:
I see where you edited my post. No it doesn't. Its for additional features. And up to now, its not confirmed and its highly unlikely.
they do though even if they dont right now and as far as i know nothing confirmed yet
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:57 am

I have no problem paying 50 bucks a yeah. Great features, and one of the big things i like over PSN is the Live intigration with the NXE. But the updates are faster, downloads are faster, and more poeple online.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

Posts : 77
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 24
Location : Indianapolis,In

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:58 am

- Even though it's more people online on XBL, ya'll act like it's not enough on PSN .
No console defending or shit, iLike every console .

iDon't really see the logic in paying 50 more bucks .
For something that is almost IDENTICAL on the ps3 .

Only thing is Cross-Game Chat, Party-Chat, and the Live inter. w/ NXE .

Which, is not worth 50 .
10 more bucks, that's a new pair of Vans and 15 and that's a pair of DC's .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 11:12 am

!i wrote:
Should have cleared that up. But either way, I say you edit that post because as of now, its completely wrong.

No it isnt.and you still havnt showed how it's wrong
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 am

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
I can believe they can complain because they never played it. If they say they did, they are stupid, lying or they just played for a day. Really, you get exactly what you pay for.

O and you forgot "Can you game with fame?" cheers

lol I'm sure some ps3 fanboys have played on it. The thing is there are several kinds of fanboys:
fanboys who worship Sony- who will tell everyones sonys consoles are the best no matter what
fanboys who love the graphics - uncharted 2 has some of the best console graphics and graphics is all they care about so ps3s their favourite
fanboys who like the 1st party games - they know ps3 has less games but the games it does have are
more to their taste

so even if they have played xbl, any of those reasons could apply to them as to why they say 360 or xbl sucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content




$50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $50 Bucks A Year For What??   $50 Bucks A Year For What?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
$50 Bucks A Year For What??
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Happy New Year everyone.
» Magnus Carlsen wins Chess Oscar for second year running
» Terminator- 2012 Year Base book (Private book, now public)
» Golden year
» Book of the Year-British Chess Federation

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: XBox Live-
Jump to: