This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Timeshift Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:14 am

Gameplay: It's more than just any ordinary first person shooter; you have the ability to pause, rewind, speed up or slow down time! The weapons feel powerful and are fun to weild.
It's very fun, quite an original idea, is executed well but can get a little repetitive from time to time. 8/10

Graphics: Most textures look gorgeous up close, the objects are marvelously rendered, the only downside with graphics is that some outdoor environments look a little shabby (particularly trees). But on the bright side: character models look great and the blood & gore looks wicked! 8/10

Multiplayer: It's fun, there are several different game modes and quite a few maps. The time shifting abilities still make an appearance but they are as orbs (you throw the grenade shaped thing towards an opponent and they will suddenly be affected time-wise by the orb- for example if you threw a time stopping orb then they would be stuck in a giant bubble unable to move. You can pump bullets into it and the moment the power of the orb runs out, time starts again and the bullets come rushing towards the enemy. It's amazingly enjoyable but the downside is that there aren't that many players online. 7/10

Sound: Good gun effects, pretty decent ambience sounds and music is quite well fitting but there's nothing special. 7/10

Replayability: Unfortunately the fact that the game is short and there are few players online means that there's not much reason to come back to this game after you've completed it. 6/10

OVERALL: The game is definately a solid, enjoyable title for any fps fan but it lacks in a few areas which make it seem to fit best as a rent-it game. Some of the developing team's ideas definately were executed well and were made good use of and so it's definately worth checking out.
7.6/10 (NOT AN AVERAGE)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:31 am

CAn you explain what the games story is about, is it an rpg or just a shooter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:07 pm

I just rented this game today and i LOVE it.Its so much fun.Why did gamespot give it a 6.5?I love how it really makes it feel your in the middle of a war.Its very good at giving the "warzone effect".The visuals are pretty good also.The only thing i dont like so far is the story.The story is confusing to me so far.So far i LOVE this game.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I just rented this game today and i LOVE it.Its so much fun.Why did gamespot give it a 6.5?I love how it really makes it feel your in the middle of a war.Its very good at giving the "warzone effect".The visuals are pretty good also.The only thing i dont like so far is the story.The story is confusing to me so far.So far i LOVE this game.
Yeahh!! See what I mean. lol I love it. I really like the gore, the gun sound effects, the overall atmosphere and of course the visual effects and the texture detail! :O

lol yeah I'm not really following the story, I just play it online mainly (well, my cd's scratched coz I got it pre-owned already scratched so when I get to a certain point in the game it just freezes on me and I can't install it to the harddrive).
I love it though anyway. I may sell my current copy and re-buy it just to complete it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Yeahh!! See what I mean. lol I love it. I really like the gore, the gun sound effects, the overall atmosphere and of course the visual effects and the texture detail! :O

lol yeah I'm not really following the story, I just play it online mainly (well, my cd's scratched coz I got it pre-owned already scratched so when I get to a certain point in the game it just freezes on me and I can't install it to the harddrive).
I love it though anyway. I may sell my current copy and re-buy it just to complete it. Razz

yea,usaully if a game's story sucks then i wont like it but i LOVE this anyways.Its so much fun i dont really care about the story lol!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
pspvampire wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

yea,usaully if a game's story sucks then i wont like it but i LOVE this anyways.Its so much fun i dont really care about the story lol!

Yeah lol I grew up playing adventure games where story is the essential aspect.
xD with games like this it's somehow just fun no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Timeshift Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Timeshift Review   Timeshift Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Timeshift Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: