This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 am

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

No it wasnt. No The Beatles are in no way shape or form heavy metal.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=169

I think I won this one. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : USA

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 6:57 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

No it wasnt. No The Beatles are in no way shape or form heavy metal.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=169

I think I won this one. Wink

99.999% of metal heads would disagree. It's widely accepted Black Sabbath was the first heavy metal band. Some might argue is was Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple, but definitely not The Beatles.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

No it wasnt. No The Beatles are in no way shape or form heavy metal.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=169

I think I won this one. Wink

99.999% of metal heads would disagree. It's widely accepted Black Sabbath was the first heavy metal band. Some might argue is was Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple, but definitely not The Beatles.

LOL you have it all wrong. Im not saying that The Beatles were the first Heavy metal band. But its known fact that Helter Skelter was the first Heavy Metal song. Although if you were to say the first Heavy metal band was Led Zeppelin than your right. Im just talking about the song. The Beatles were not a Heavy metal band for sure.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-10-13
Location : USA

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:38 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

No it wasnt. No The Beatles are in no way shape or form heavy metal.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=169

I think I won this one. Wink

99.999% of metal heads would disagree. It's widely accepted Black Sabbath was the first heavy metal band. Some might argue is was Led Zeppelin or Deep Purple, but definitely not The Beatles.

LOL you have it all wrong. Im not saying that The Beatles were the first Heavy metal band. But its known fact that Helter Skelter was the first Heavy Metal song. Although if you were to say the first Heavy metal band was Led Zeppelin than your right. Im just talking about the song. The Beatles were not a Heavy metal band for sure.

Hendrix was doing stuff just as heavy and loud before. Helter Skelter was heavy for the time, but it didn't embody the spirit of metal the way black sabbath did. Metal is more than just being the loudest and noisiest band out there. I suppose we'll have to agree to disagee. Smile
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Mr. Cole Drake wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

No it wasnt. No The Beatles are in no way shape or form heavy metal.

I agree. Plus Helter Skelter is just rock but noisy xD

And what the heck are most of the bands you put down?? Its all noise and how depressing there life is.

lmao

No they're not. Razz

Name one of the bands I like which make noise and say how depressing life is.
Seriously, I don't listen to crap xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.
beatles are awsome Very Happy i think they are the greatest band in history
dont hate or ban me but i hate the beatles Very Happy

I'm with you, man. lol I can't stand them personally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:35 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.
beatles are awsome Very Happy i think they are the greatest band in history
dont hate or ban me but i hate the beatles Very Happy

I'm with you, man. lol I can't stand them personally.

Nothing personal DDD but I cant stand Avenged Sevenfold. They are a carbon copy of every other North American "Rock band".Never will they be mentioned as a great band. Unlike the Beatles. And hey, they were the pioneers of Heavy Metal, even though they were'nt a Heavy Metal band.

In saying that the guitar and drums in "Afterlife" are coolio!!


Last edited by xSTONEYx187x on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 pm

This is for the haters of great music. Razz

One of my favourite songs. Although I have no specific genre that I stick too.

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Iron_Patriot wrote:
Play something with balls. Wink


LOL me and my friend, Ben, love that song.

Thing is neither of us know the lyrics except for "auschwitz the meaning of pain"
xD

We always randomly turn to each other and go "ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!"


Don't ask why hehe
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Lt Xplosi wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.
beatles are awsome Very Happy i think they are the greatest band in history
dont hate or ban me but i hate the beatles Very Happy

I'm with you, man. lol I can't stand them personally.

Nothing personal DDD but I cant stand Avenged Sevenfold. They are a carbon copy of every other North American "Rock band".Never will they be mentioned as a great band. Unlike the Beatles. And hey, they were the pioneers of Heavy Metal, even though they were'nt a Heavy Metal band.

In saying that the guitar and drums in "Afterlife" are coolio!!

Fair enough man but I can't stand bands like the Beatles because they're just like a sort of...well like you said, "pioneers". Pioneers get credit just because they started something, even if they didn't do it well.

Avenged Sevenfold are the greatest band I've ever heard because they've taken their inspiration and created such beautiful music that fuses really melodic and harmony-filled sort of emotional, passionate music with really heavy, catchy riffs and crazy solos.
There's no band which can ever replace A7X imo. I honestly don't care if they never ever ever get mentioned as a great band because all what matters to me is that they write the music I love Very Happy
Anyway you say that they're a "carbon copy of every other N.American Rock band".
So do you know any bands similar in style that you'd recommend to me? Because I want to get some more cds to fill my ipod with. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

DDD Im not trying to start an arguement with ya. I think your a cool dude Smile Its just I mentioned the Beatles and 3 or 4 people for no reason start saying "oh I hate them, cant stand them, there crap" etc.

I guess I took what you were saying the wrong way. Anyways sorry bout that.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : America

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:11 pm

More Metal?

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 am

OK!

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:58 pm

I still dont see how people can stand listening to metal or heavy metal.

It sounds horrible and isnt even catchy one bit.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

The lead singer of Overkill sounds like Axel Rose.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : America

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I still dont see how people can stand listening to metal or heavy metal.

It sounds horrible and isnt even catchy one bit.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the metal.



Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:20 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
DDD Im not trying to start an arguement with ya. I think your a cool dude Smile Its just I mentioned the Beatles and 3 or 4 people for no reason start saying "oh I hate them, cant stand them, there crap" etc.

I guess I took what you were saying the wrong way. Anyways sorry bout that.

Nah it's ok man, I'm just very protective about my music Razz I've dedicated my life to bands like A7X, I've convinced myself there is nothing better. The moment someone says otherwise I go mental lmao.

xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:22 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I still dont see how people can stand listening to metal or heavy metal.

It sounds horrible and isnt even catchy one bit.

:O

How can you say that?! lol

Listen to:
AFTERLIFE BY AVENGED SEVENFOLD


The chorus is just amazing, the guitar solo is mindblowing

RUN TO THE HILLS BY IRON MAIDEN


Very catchy riff and awesome song in general
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I LOVE THIS SONG NOW:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKUX8qaGfWs

PANTERA - Fucking Hostile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:30 pm

How can you listen to that stuff DDD?

I watched the first vid and turned it off in 20 sec's
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

i like the songs
Back to top Go down
Sega_is_GOD



Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-03-08

TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
First heavy metal song was Helter Skelter by the Beatles FYI.

Helter Skelter?
Metal?

Are you retarded?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER   TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
TOP 10 ALBUMS EVER
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: