This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

why are games so easy now.

Go down 
+13
Stoney
Blixtstorm
spartan225
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
ZeInFormer
Jamin
Static103
Arbiteris
daveMastaKill
DarkSwarm85
joe11
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

why are games so easy now. Empty
PostSubject: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:41 pm

I think the game developers are forcing the game to be easy too much so the casuals can beat it. Games right now take no skill and u can beat in a day. I mean I beat halo 3 on the hardest in one day. Then I beat cod mf 1 and 2 6 hours later.
i remember when it took me a month to beat a game. i hardest game now is demon souls, and ....um...... idk
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm

Basically they make more money by making games easier cuz of sales.

Old games > New games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 9:56 pm

Here try marathon, it's an old first person shooter but it's free, and very hard, the levels require intelligence to complete at times, especially marathon infinity.

http://source.bungie.org/index.php?title=Get_Marathon

If that was too easy then try becoming the first vidmaster since, well, the 90s last I checked. Major respect if you can get it, it is HARD.

http://traxus.nothorns.org/traxus/Vidmaster%27s_oath

Then if those were too easy, try what most who played it consider it one of the hardest game mods of all time. It's a "total conversion" called Marathon RED.

http://bighouse.bungie.org/red/

I doubt your interested, this is an old FPS by bungie that they released free but it is harder and longer then games of today.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:00 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Here try marathon, it's an old first person shooter but it's free, and very hard, the levels require intelligence to complete at times, especially marathon infinity.

If that was too easy then try becoming the first vidmaster since, well, the 90s last I checked. Major respect if you can get it, it is HARD.

Then if those were too easy, try what most who played it consider it one of the hardest game mods of all time. It's a "total conversion" called Marathon RED.

I doubt your interested, this is an old FPS by bungie that they released free but it is harder and longer then games of today.
played it a while ago, and it's challenging
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:03 pm

joe11 wrote:
I think the game developers are forcing the game to be easy too much so the casuals can beat it. Games right now take no skill and u can beat in a day. I mean I beat halo 3 on the hardest in one day. Then I beat cod mf 1 and 2 6 hours later.
i remember when it took me a month to beat a game. i hardest game now is demon souls, and ....um...... idk

I think Halo 3 is hard =X
I mean in Normal i take a few hits and the life meter go all red.I dunno maybe i don't use enough cover or i make bad use of the map..i'm more of a run&go guy.
Either way
Gears 2 and Uncharted 2 on the highest difficulty are challenging.
Far Cry games tend to be hard has fuck too, same about Ninja Gaiden.
Let's see...Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is hard also i think, 2 maybe 3 bullets and you are dead.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
joe11 wrote:

I mean in Normal I take a few hits and the life meter go all red.I dunno maybe I don't use enough cover or i make bad use of the map..i'm more of a run&go guy.
Either way
Let's see...Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is hard also i think, 2 maybe 3 bullets and you are dead.
not for me i can run throught those straight with out dying, and ninja gaiden is not as hard as it use to be
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 pm

It depend's on how good of a gamer you are.I can adapt to most game's easily.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
It depend's on how good of a gamer you are.I can adapt to most game's easily.
LIKE ME
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 pm

for some reason a few months i found gears of war 1 very hard on hardcore but i now piss on it on hardcore
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 pm

I dont think Bioshock 1 or 2 would be easy for anyone. Its survival, and getting gang raped by splicers of different kinds all at the same time is never going to be easy.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 12:48 am

joe11 wrote:
Well, I don't want to play games that take atleast a month to beat it...Cause what happens if there's a new game coming out and I want to play it=I'll just ditch that game I'm having trouble playing it. The Halo games has never been hard, it's been customizeable I would say. You can make the game easy or you can make it hard. Most people play Halo 3 on Legendary with the Noob Combo and playing that way makes the Halo games soo easy to play. Try to beat Halo 3 with all skulls on if you really want a challenge or you can play it like these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M_0jQaMc4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBDVHEasUIk
Try to play the Halo games in a very aggressive manner and the game will be a lot more intense, harder and unforgiving. I mean look at the first video at the part where that Elite just smacked rite in the back and if he didn't stick him on the right time, he would've been dead.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 1:35 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Well, I don't want to play games that take atleast a month to beat it...Cause what happens if there's a new game coming out and I want to play it=I'll just ditch that game I'm having trouble playing it. The Halo games has never been hard, it's been customizeable I would say. You can make the game easy or you can make it hard. Most people play Halo 3 on Legendary with the Noob Combo and playing that way makes the Halo games soo easy to play. Try to beat Halo 3 with all skulls on if you really want a challenge or you can play it like these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M_0jQaMc4I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBDVHEasUIk
Try to play the Halo games in a very aggressive manner and the game will be a lot more intense, harder and unforgiving. I mean look at the first video at the part where that Elite just smacked rite in the back and if he didn't stick him on the right time, he would've been dead.
i'll try that
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:13 am

Mass Effect 2 is really hard on insanity. I dont really think that its the games are getting easier its the people are getting better faster than enemy AI technology can keep up. Like if a game just does 5X more damage on the hardest difficulty or grenade spam to make it harder, the players just absolutely bash on the developers.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:23 am

Another game that's hard is Perfect Dark Zero on Perfect Agent or Dark Agent. They have lots of trial and error and there's no checkpoints at all.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:24 am

For some weird reason, a lot of the older games I could usually beat without dying, but the newer games I would die at some point. I guess regenerating life kinda makes you a bit more cocky than having health and armor.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 2:28 am

I like a challenge, but sometimes I don't always play for that challenge. Sometimes I play for a story or becuase it's fun without stressing me.

That's why I like difficulty options. I don't really have the time anymore to play for hours and hours and replay the same level a 100 times. Some games are too hard or demand too much time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:

Never heard much about Marathon being hard. I never had a chance to play it and I can't get it running on my computer for some weird reason. Gonna probably get it on my 360. What makes Marathon hard though? Both Doom and Duke Nukem 3D are infamous for their last difficulty only being targeted for the die and hardcore players.

Speaking of hard mdos, I've played both Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed for Doom (both being labeled one of the hardest Doom WADs ever created) and those are incredibly brutal for me especially when I was half way.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:02 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
joe11 wrote:

I mean in Normal i take a few hits and the life meter go all red.I dunno maybe i don't use enough cover or i make bad use of the map..i'm more of a run&go guy.
Either way

I agree. I had trouble with the last few levels (except killing guilty-spark was easy as f***)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 am

Games are not getting easier its just that your really good at games.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:46 am

spartan225 wrote:
Games are not getting easier its just that your really good at games.

Play the NES and try to beat those games. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:49 am

I think that Gears of War 2 is freaking hard on the higher settings... I keep getting killed... Then i give up... Still on the first level on insanity... Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:54 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
I think that Gears of War 2 is freaking hard on the higher settings... I keep getting killed... Then i give up... Still on the first level on insanity... Razz

Yeah...in co-op gets a little easier though.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 am

daveMastaKill wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

well i beat it in one seating on hard
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm

joe11 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

well i beat it in one seating on hard

Find it hard to believe that you breeze through most games on the highest difficulty tbh.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 4:56 pm

i remembered grim fandango now that is a hard game :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why are games so easy now.   why are games so easy now. Empty

Back to top Go down

why are games so easy now.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: