This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!

Go down 
+12
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
Lt Xplosi
Stoney
ZeInFormer
Noelol
DemonWolf
Pein
Static103
daveMastaKill
joe11
im-360...xbox360
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 15
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 23
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 31
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 41
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 51
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 61
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 8
New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! 9

source: http://www.gamersmint.com/?p=2101

This is what the 360 gets when it uses its own custom built engine and not unreal engine.....definately up there with the ps3 exclusives ( graphic wise )
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:43 pm

awesome pic looks like u2, Gow 3, killzone and heavenly rain have competition
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 6:59 pm

Looks awesome, but i didn't get your Unreal engine comment.
I mean Unreal can pull out outstanding graphics that reach PS3 exclusives, with games like Gears of War, Mass Effect or Bioshock.
These days people tend to misjudge the engine just cuz almost half of the games use it.
I mean devs and companies use it, cuz its easy to develop (even thought is a expensive engine it is still more cheaper than creating one from scratch).
Unfortunately that leads to a lot of shit in the market....
However if you do good use of it, people can create magic with it.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:01 pm

joe11 wrote:
awesome pic looks like u2, Gow 3, killzone and heavenly rain have competition

well...i wouldn't put GOW 3 there but heavy rain sure does have competition
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:09 pm

alan wake looks amazing.it kinda is a mix between alone in the dark and resident evil kinda shooter,but with a flashlight LOL
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Omfg. Those last couple of screenshots looked almost photo-realistic!

The second-to-last one, look at the trees & greenish area. It looks so .....lifelike Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:15 pm

I can't wait!
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:31 pm

Wow beautiful graphics.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Looks gorgeous! Graphics wise its up there with the best, if not better.....I hope this game is as good as it looks!...Havent played a good horror game since Dead Space.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:19 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
I mean Unreal can pull out outstanding graphics that reach PS3 exclusives, with games like Gears of War, Mass Effect or Bioshock.
These days people tend to misjudge the engine just cuz almost half of the games use it.
I mean devs and companies use it, cuz its easy to develop (even thought is a expensive engine it is still more cheaper than creating one from scratch).

What engine does Resident Evil 5 use? That game imo is up there with Uncharted yet its a multi-plat game.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:31 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

What engine does Resident Evil 5 use? That game imo is up there with Uncharted yet its a multi-plat game.

It uses M.T. Framework 1.5
Lost Planet 2 uses the 2.0 version.
M.T. Framework was built (like any sane 3rd party developer) around a PC based architecture.
That is why RE5 looks a little better on the 360 and that is why the PC does not suck major balls and actually is very good!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:35 pm

@ daveMastaKill...Nice one for that! Very Happy Although Lost Planet 2, from what I've see, doesnt look anywhere near as good as RE5 yet its using an improved engine. scratch
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:43 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
@ daveMastaKill...Nice one for that! Very Happy Although Lost Planet 2, from what I've see, doesnt look anywhere near as good as RE5 yet its using an improved engine. scratch

Lost Planet 2 is a bigger game in all fronts.
Bigger scenarios, battles,maps, more people on screen, character customization, you name it.
Unlike RE5 that is more "closed".
A good example could be even Alan Wake vs Uncharted 2.
Uncharted 2 may have bigger draw distance but its linear and Alan Wake is kinda sandbox with exploration.
The more "closed" (other example KillZone 2) the game is, more you can push graphics wise.
That is why what are they doing with Reach and Alan Wake and Lost Planet 2, is amazing a thing really only saw in GTA games!
It may not be a true sandbox game, but the size is there.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:02 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Bigger scenarios, battles,maps, more people on screen, character customization, you name it.
Uncharted 2 may have bigger draw distance but its linear and Alan Wake is kinda sandbox with exploration.
The more "closed" (other example KillZone 2) the game is, more you can push graphics wise.
That is why what are they doing with Reach and Alan Wake and Lost Planet 2, is amazing a thing really only saw in GTA games!

Your right there, I also forgot all about the 4 player co-op in LP2.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Your right there, I also forgot all about the 4 player co-op in LP2.

Yup the game is huge, can't really wait for it to run in buffed up PC. Maybe a Crysis 2 challenger? Need to wait and see.
Either way...my PC sucks balls so its the 360 for me. Got Marcus Fenix, Dom and Wesker skins too, so its gonna be swwweeetttt.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Wesker!? Did'nt know he was in it! The best game villian EVER!
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:17 pm

Yes. It was unveiled at M$ X10. There is a 3rd skin besides Marcus and Dom, and that is Albert Wesker from Resident Evil 5, like you Avatar :3
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 10:18 pm

There is also videos of it. Go to GT or Youtube and put, i dunno, Lost Planet X10 or something. The guy is controlling Marcus but you get a good look at Wesker too.
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:33 am

now i have to buy it :O
it seems awsome and it has my fav gun in the game
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:40 am

screenshots are amazing. Must buy!!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 am

BUT 3SHITTY IS FAIL ONLY DA CELL CAN DO GRAFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That broken sentence is going though the mind of every PS3fantard that sees these pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 am

looks sick
definitely getting the limited edition
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 7:42 am

M3A7L04F wrote:
looks sick
definitely getting the limited edition
same
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:56 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BUT 3SHITTY IS FAIL ONLY DA CELL CAN DO GRAFX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That broken sentence is going though the mind of every PS3fantard that sees these pics.

LOL, I was checking out some comments and some off them a hilarious...."Thats not in-game it CGI" every other PS3 fantard is saying the same thing....BUT, then some dude says "Err since when do CGI shots have motion blur?" They all pretty much shut up then.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

LOL, I was checking out some comments and some off them a hilarious...."Thats not in-game it CGI" every other PS3 fantard is saying the same thing....BUT, then some dude says "Err since when do CGI shots have motion blur?" They all pretty much shut up then.

Either that or its playing on the PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!   New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Alan Wake screenshots are full of WIN!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next