This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is my xbox invincible?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Is my xbox invincible? Empty
PostSubject: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Never had a problem with it, still on my first xbox 360 elite since December 30, 2008. If I am right it is a "falcon/Zephrynix" chip with an estimated fail rate of about 20-30%. Here is what happened to it.

1-It got RROD 2 times, but the wierd part was that this happened a few minutes in between, all I did was turn the xbox off then switch it back on and it was fixed, never had that problem since, and that was more several months ago.

2-On Christmas vacation, along with the other days I played it and the times I forgot, there were 3 consecutive "nothing" days where it was on consistently and still no problems.

3-I played my xbox in a 96 degree room upstairs in the summer time, and that's a black xbox it absorbs heat and still nothing wrong.

4-I played it with the xbox being next to a wood-burning stove (that's New England for you), the stove was on and blazing hot, still no problems.

5-It fell from table-top height, not as big as the others but worth mentioning
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:39 pm

RRoD is basically gone these days. It's just the PS3 fanboys spitting it out because they have no other argument against the 360 and they are still living in the past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 9:54 pm

ghost23 wrote:
RRoD is basically gone these days. It's just the PS3 fanboys spitting it out because they have no other argument against the 360 and they are still living in the past.

I know, but my xbox isn't a 4% fail rate jasper.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Falcon still had a lower failure rate then the older versions. But not as low as the jasper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 12:50 pm

lol ya thats what i just noticed that i dont see rrod anywhere on youtube anymore
Back to top Go down
Mudkip

Mudkip

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 5:15 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Just like the "ps3 has no games" thing right?
Currently it is a great time to own either console and an even greater time to own both.
Both consoles have really promising line-ups for 2010, and both are reliable and at similar price-points.
@OP you are really lucky D:
Back to top Go down
Twisted Tony
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Twisted Tony

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:32 am

Damn... Your console has taken quite a beating.
Back to top Go down
http://greenlightgamer.wordpress.com/
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:51 am

My xbox got rrod one time and then I turned it off and back on and it was fine
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:33 am

I think my Xbox may be invincible.

I've never had rrod.
I've moved it when it was on and had a disk inside. The disk made a horrible clunky crashing sound inside the 360 but both the disk and the 360 were intact and working fine.
I've had the 360 & power supply thingy on a thick carpet and was playing it for hours with no overheating.
I've left the 360 on all day long with a game launched and it didn't overheat.
I used to leave my games collection stacked on top of my 360 when I was gaming and that didn't affect it either.

etc

I've never dropped it though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow, strong 360 Very Happy. There are people that got a xbox 360 on launch day and it's still going strong. Lucky bastards lol.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:50 am

i wish my 360 could have super powers...
i remember my ps2, me and my friend always abused it and it still worked great. and i have a whole bunch of games for it to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my xbox invincible?   Is my xbox invincible? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my xbox invincible?
Page 1 of 1