This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Can I be a mod again please?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:16 pm

After seeing a troll make almost 20 fanboyish posts, most of which involving links to gay porn, before finally getting banned I think there needs to be more mods surveying the forum.
Well you guys know me, I've pretty much been here from the start, I was a mod for ages and would love to be one again. Ok I have mod powers still but I never use them because I may not have permission so basically what I'm asking here is do you guys think I deserve to be a mod again? I'm asking so if there's positive feedback then I'm hoping GeneralMld may "promote" me lol
if not, ah okay but I still think there should be a few more mods. The ps3 fantrolls are crawling all over this forum like parasites and they need to be crushed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I promote this. I was playing white this oocured, then was forced to ban like 30+ trolls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Guest
Guest



Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 pm

It says you were offline Blixt, but don't let it geet to you, you were not being negligent. Though an extra mod or two would improve security, and DDD was great as a mod.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
I promote this. I was playing white this oocured, then was forced to ban like 30+ trolls.

cheers! And yeah lol they just suddenly all appeared. One minute the forum was all peaceful and happy and suddenly there were posts everywhere saying 360 sucks. Ps3 fanboys really fail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
It says you were offline Blixt, but don't let it geet to you, you were not being negligent. Though an extra mod or two would improve security, and DDD was great as a mod.

xD oh thank you, I appreciate your support!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:03 pm

They claimed to attack it because they were shocked about the rules or some shit like that. Funny, we never did anything to them and they go out of their way to troll here, which implies that thy take this way too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm

That site that some of them came from called Playfire is the sister site of Playstation Universe. (Not to be confused with Playstation University).


Last edited by Master_Chief on Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:51 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
That site that some of them came from called Playfire is a sister site of Playstation Universe. (Not to be confused with Playstation University).

I know, one of the trolls revealed it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:26 pm

I like the idea of a few new mods and DDD would be a great mod since he's as loyal to this site as anyone can get.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 10:35 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I like the idea of a few new mods and DDD would be a great mod since he's as loyal to this site as anyone can get.

Especially after today, no mods for 2 hours during a troll attack is somewhat too long as a lot can happen in 2 hours. I second the few new mods thing, though more then just DDD, maybe a few more for better protection.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 34
Location : California

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 am

I thought you were a mod.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 3:58 am

We could have 20 mods and still get attacked. I don't think we need more mods at this point. It was cleaned up, everything is fine now. If this was happening everyday that would be a different story.

What we really need to do is have generalMLD IP ban the worst offenders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

Posts : 664
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Birmingham UK

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:14 am

please can i be a mod as well?

(i was defending the forum from the trolls)
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:15 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
They claimed to attack it because they were shocked about the rules or some shit like that. Funny, we never did anything to them and they go out of their way to troll here, which implies that thy take this way too seriously.

haha yeah pretty ridiculous.
Do those people realise how desperate they look when they do this?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:24 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
We could have 20 mods and still get attacked. I don't think we need more mods at this point. It was cleaned up, everything is fine now. If this was happening everyday that would be a different story.

What we really need to do is have generalMLD IP ban the worst offenders.

Yes but the matter is not how we could prevent getting attacked but how we can deal with it in the fastest way possible. Now since mld removed most the mods there's been the improvement that very few people are complaining that they were unfairly banned. But now I don't think there's enough to be certain that there's at least one online at any time. Well, I live in a different time zone to all the other mods I think which means that if I were a mod, then should there be any offensive or abusive posts by ps3 fanboys at a time I'm online and you guys are offline, I could deal with it and clean up the mess before they cover the forum with their spam and gay porn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:18 am

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
We could have 20 mods and still get attacked. I don't think we need more mods at this point. It was cleaned up, everything is fine now. If this was happening everyday that would be a different story.

What we really need to do is have generalMLD IP ban the worst offenders.

Yes but the matter is not how we could prevent getting attacked but how we can deal with it in the fastest way possible. Now since mld removed most the mods there's been the improvement that very few people are complaining that they were unfairly banned. But now I don't think there's enough to be certain that there's at least one online at any time. Well, I live in a different time zone to all the other mods I think which means that if I were a mod, then should there be any offensive or abusive posts by ps3 fanboys at a time I'm online and you guys are offline, I could deal with it and clean up the mess before they cover the forum with their spam and gay porn.

Very true. I live on the other side of the world to most people on this forum. Most of you guys are probably going to bed when I'm having breakfast. Just putting that out there.
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

Posts : 664
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Birmingham UK

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:29 am

demondragondude wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
We could have 20 mods and still get attacked. I don't think we need more mods at this point. It was cleaned up, everything is fine now. If this was happening everyday that would be a different story.

What we really need to do is have generalMLD IP ban the worst offenders.

Yes but the matter is not how we could prevent getting attacked but how we can deal with it in the fastest way possible. Now since mld removed most the mods there's been the improvement that very few people are complaining that they were unfairly banned. But now I don't think there's enough to be certain that there's at least one online at any time. Well, I live in a different time zone to all the other mods I think which means that if I were a mod, then should there be any offensive or abusive posts by ps3 fanboys at a time I'm online and you guys are offline, I could deal with it and clean up the mess before they cover the forum with their spam and gay porn.

yeah. i also live in the same time zone as demondragondude (we both live in the same country)

so we could be really useful in banning trolls if we were mods, when mods in other time zones are asleep
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 29
Location : UK

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:09 am

i think DDD is ment to be a mod because when mld promoted mc and blix he did by how many posts they had and DDD has over 2.5k posts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:17 am

DDD, go to usergroups in the top bar. Then press the button. MLD will get an snailmail that so he can add you to this group. I think that he is watching the olympics, therefore he is quite absent.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Posts : 948
Join date : 2009-09-11

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:31 am

Hey what about one of the original mods here? Razz im also in a different time zone than some of you
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:35 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
DDD, go to usergroups in the top bar. Then press the button. MLD will get an snailmail that so he can add you to this group. I think that he is watching the olympics, therefore he is quite absent.
Oh wow I didn't know that! Thank you so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

Posts : 664
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 26
Location : Birmingham UK

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:02 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
DDD, go to usergroups in the top bar. Then press the button. MLD will get an snailmail that so he can add you to this group. I think that he is watching the olympics, therefore he is quite absent.
Oh wow I didn't know that! Thank you so much Very Happy

no problem
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:15 pm

hey mate you were one of the best mods this site has had so please let triple D become a mod again

DDD for mod 2010
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 pm

Are we going the have some sort of American style election? That would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Posts : 2699
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 30
Location : Swēoþēod/Svíþjóð

Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 6:54 pm

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
Are we going the have some sort of American style election? That would be cool.

And mess up voting results, just like the Bush / Gore election.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content




Can I be a mod again please? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can I be a mod again please?   Can I be a mod again please? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Can I be a mod again please?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: