This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect 2

Go down 
+2
DemonWolf
Twisted Tony
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Twisted Tony
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Twisted Tony

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://greenlightgamer.wordpress.com/
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:20 pm

lol you keep taking us to your site Razz couldn't you just copy & paste the review here?

Hell, I'll do it lol

Presentation

Mass Effect 2 redefines expectations from what to see in a modern-day RPG with regards to facial animation and environmental detail. For example, you can see the subtle movements on the face of the character [that is speaking] to such great detail that you can literally see the emotion that they are trying to convey. The armament details are impressive to a fault, including some overlooked touch ups such as the marks up the spinal cord on certain pieces of armor. The only area that looks stale is the characters hair, as it seems crude and poorly constructed in comparison to the stunning character that it sits on top of, most noticeable in close up cut scenes.
As for the environments, you can see the visual symphony in action no matter what world you traverse. Whether you are noticing the shadows contrasting from a light up display panel or the toxic smoke dissipating from a toxic crate, everything is astounding. Outer space has never looked this good.

9.5/10

Story

This is a direct sequel to the original Mass Effect and continues Commander Shepard’s journey throughout the universe. Shortly after ME1, Shepard died aboard the Normandy. Luckily for him, the rogue pro-human organization Cerberus found him and was able to use technology to resurrect him. He is the single biggest hope for the saving of humanity, as colonies of humans are disappearing throughout outer space. The threat is coming from an alien race known as collectors who are working for the reapers. You assemble a unique crew and face your destiny.
This may sound very linear but it is anything but that. Although you have a basic plotline, you are given so many choices about how to recruit allies, earn their trust and what to say to them that it never feels stale (as if could, given the phenomenal writing of the main story). Do you kill, or do you talk your way out? Do you sacrifice them to help the locals, or do you gun straight for your goal? Do you sympathize or scold a crewmate? The possibilities are many.
The voice acting and writing is as good as we have seen in the industry. Every line delivered was done with such accuracy that the humor truly feels funny and the drama seems as tense as it should. This was the first game to have me waking up early just to play it for good reason. You need to know, you want to know, you crave to know what will happen next.

10/10

Gameplay

Outside of a few minor grievances, I found Mass Effect 2 is everything that the original wanted to be.
You command a large vessel that explores the farthest regions of space in pursuit of your enemies and with hope of saving your own race from the threat of extinction. The interface for exploring the different clusters and planets is easy to use as it is brilliant in its simplicity. The only sour part of this is when you have to scan planets for resources. It is the only mind-numbing part of ME2 and one you will tire of quickly, even though you essentially need to do so (to get weapon/armor upgrades).
The combat aspects of ME2 play out like a third person shooter and for the most part gets the job done. The cover system works similarly to Gears of War 2, only with somewhat clunky movement on the part of the characters. The pop-up and shoot mechanic works well and you will have a lot of fun with your weapons arsenal. The variety of weapons is diverse, all of which play out different given the aiming display, rate of fire, and power behind each shot. The fact you can build or find weapon plans is a blast and each time you see a new weapon is ready, you will rush to put it into production. Also, the conflicts are intense thanks to solid A.I. and well designed firefights. You get flanked, face heavy enemies, and must be mindful of ammo.
The RPG side of ME2 is the bread and butter of this game and will have gamers the world over salivating for more. As mentioned in the story section, you have choice. To handle conflicts peacefully or to handle them as an executioner. To be sympathetic or to be cruel. To help people in need or to secure taking down a key criminal. You will have so many deep and profound decisions to make that you will be in awe. And even more startling is the amount of backlash that can happen. Did you free a murderer by saving a group of people from a fire? Did you piss off a mercenary group by helping a friend? You will sometimes be amazed at how certain actions have unpredictable reactions. The only predictable aspect here is that you will addicted to the freedom you get.

9.25/10

Achievements

This isn’t an achievement whore’s game in regards to time (you will need two game completions to max this game) but they aren’t difficult to unlock. Simply play the game and be mindful of the choices you make. But with how engrossing the game is, your time spent playing it isn’t an issue.

6.5/10

Overall

If you like a phenomenal story with novel quality writing, intense firefights with lots of offensive options, or the freedom to become the hero (or anti-hero, in a way) you want to be, this is the game for you. Hell, if you are alive and own an Xbox 360 (or PC) you should buy this game. The fact it is single player may turn off some of the “OMG I need to pwn n00bz” types, but the bevy of content and the array of choices to be made make sure that fun will be had for hours to come. Get aboard the Normandy and get ready for an adventure you will never forget.

9.75/10

--------

Anyway, I think it's a good review. It's cool how you included achievements too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:28 pm

good review
Back to top Go down
ImpureKing
Seaman Recruit
ImpureKing

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks ;p I try my best (buddy/co-site man tony posted it)

Its fun to write. I'd do a bioshock 2 one, but cant play it much since wifey went crazy with rapture fever Wink
Back to top Go down
ImpureKing
Seaman Recruit
ImpureKing

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:36 pm

@demon - Yes, I believe tony put in the link to do something of dual-benfit. We get the extra hits on the site, but in exchange we share our reviews on this forum. A win win Wink

Ill have a dantes inferno one hopefully soon.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

what i got like 500g give or take in like 1 play through so i think thats a pretty good game for an achievment whore maybe im just kick ass though (jk) but i give it a 10/10 for just amazing.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Mass effect 2 is the besti would give it a 10/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mass Effect 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect 2   Mass Effect 2 Empty