This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 DS vs. PSP

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Some guy I am currently arguing with on SamueltehG33k's video is talking about how the PSP is better because of some features. I told him off an asked what does that have to do with gaming. He should be replying soon. I think the DS is better than the PSP. This is coming from someone who owns both. But the reason I use my PSP more is to play Lunar, and MGS. But I do not have a full game, only Final Fantasy 7. Its ok. I think 6 might be better (first I gotta play 6. So the DS is better overall. Oh and does anyone recommend a DSi?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 5:42 pm

It's really what type of games appeal to you. The DS has a lot more of the Japanese games and child "brain training" games.
If you are a more hardcore gamer, the PSP will provide more hardcore games.
Back to top Go down
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

Posts : 82
Join date : 2010-02-26
Location : America

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 pm

PSP has better graphics, but it doesn't help that only two games a year are released on it. DS has a wide variety of games and actually fits in your pocket...like a portable gaming device should.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 6:02 am

ghost23 wrote:
It's really what type of games appeal to you. The DS has a lot more of the Japanese games and child "brain training" games.
If you are a more hardcore gamer, the PSP will provide more hardcore games.

QFT
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 am

i want a dsi badly
Back to top Go down
3DO Was Something
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
3DO Was Something

Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-02-26
Age : 35
Location : Italy(In USA now)

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:06 am

PSP= GREAT!!!
DS= SUCK!!!

I own about 5x as many games on my PSP than my BS(pun intended).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:32 pm

3DO Was Something wrote:
PSP= GREAT!!!
DS= SUCK!!!

I own about 5x as many games on my PSP than my BS(pun intended).

QFT!! Ds is 4 kids who don't want a variety of gameplay and settle for 1000 side scrollers. Psp is the greatest handheld for gaming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 pm

i'll take a psp over a ds anyday
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:04 pm

DS HAS MORE SINGLE A, DOUBLE A, AND TRIPLE A GAMES THAN PSP! DS has 7 AAA games, the PSP...HAS TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lololololololololololololololololololol
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm

ghost23 wrote:
It's really what type of games appeal to you. The DS has a lot more of the Japanese games and child "brain training" games.
If you are a more hardcore gamer, the PSP will provide more hardcore games.

Da Fuck?

Advance Wars, Chrono Trigger, SMT Devil Survivor, The World Ends With You, CastleVania, Metriod, Final Fantasy...These are all Casual games right?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 pm

http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

PSP scores

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/

DS scores

PSP has the hardware, but DS has the software
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:14 pm

DS own's PSP.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:17 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

PSP scores

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/

DS scores

PSP has the hardware, but DS has the software
because its head start and psp is more hardcore
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:22 pm

joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn


PSP suffer's from the same thing as PS3.It has more option's but not game's


DS=Fun

PSP=Boring

Unless you like playing the exact same game's over and over.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
DS own's PSP.
na all ds got is the sale and more game because of their head start, and psp has more quality games coming this year and overall. Psp best media opitions, and ds online sucks psp is live and ds is psn


PSP suffer's from the same thing as PS3.It has more option's but not game's


DS=Fun

PSP=Boring

Unless you like playing the exact same game's over and over.
wat games ds has over psp beside zeld and pokemon, and online ds can't touch, psp has a bulid in mic like a 360
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:56 pm

joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

PSP scores

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/

DS scores

PSP has the hardware, but DS has the software
because its head start and psp is more hardcore

A 5 month head start caused this?

The PSP is more hardcore so it has lower rated games? LOL!
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 am

BlackStigma wrote:
joe11 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

PSP scores

http://www.metacritic.com/games/ds/scores/

DS scores

PSP has the hardware, but DS has the software
because its head start and psp is more hardcore

A 5 month head start caused this?

The PSP is more hardcore so it has lower rated games? LOL!
the psp is a 360 and a ds is a wii, they games r 4 causals, but wat game does the ds have over the psp besides pokemon, zelda, and mario shit. Psp mgs,lbp,modnatin,socom,medal honor,gow,killzone,monster hunter, and manhunt 2
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 am

Joe,you are wrong with your facts
Back to top Go down
the RPG guy
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
the RPG guy

Posts : 301
Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 25
Location : Berea KY

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

demondragondude wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:
PSP= GREAT!!!
DS= SUCK!!!

I own about 5x as many games on my PSP than my BS(pun intended).

QFT!! Ds is 4 kids who don't want a variety of gameplay and settle for 1000 side scrollers. Psp is the greatest handheld for gaming.
not realy. if your an old school gamer (i only had an NES till i was 7) you love side scrollers. besides. the PSP has more amarican RPGs while the DS has more japanese RPGs. and because everything from japan is naturaly better (and my immense love for all things anime) i prefer the DS. besides 1000 sidescrollers is better than 1000 more FPS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gameboy100894
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:37 pm

am i the only one not liking handhelds... but i played psp a bit fun actually but i use handhelds for media
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2010-01-19
Age : 25
Location : ny

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:57 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Joe,you are wrong with your facts
than proof me wrong
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 24
Location : Sweden

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:57 pm

joe11 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Joe,you are wrong with your facts
than proof me wrong
the correct sentence is
prove me wtong
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It's really what type of games appeal to you. The DS has a lot more of the Japanese games and child "brain training" games.
If you are a more hardcore gamer, the PSP will provide more hardcore games.

Da Fuck?

Advance Wars, Chrono Trigger, SMT Devil Survivor, The World Ends With You, CastleVania, Metriod, Final Fantasy...These are all Casual games right?

No these are all Japanese games that may not appeal to the more Western audience.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:10 am

Ok so my thoughts are the DS is better in most gaming aspects. But the PSP has Lunar, the better Lunar game. Also to say PSP is better is invalid because take a look at most of the games on there, ports or remakes most of them are (even today thats true). Dont even get me started on Resistance: Retribution either. DS is better. But PSP is more fun to use because of its other features (though DSi might be better to use but I have a DS Lite).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Sponsored content




DS vs. PSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP Empty

Back to top Go down
 
DS vs. PSP
Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: