This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 DS vs. PSP

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:27 pm

demondragondude wrote:
GGM wrote:
PSP has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. That alone was worth the purchase.

QFT!

That game is an absolute masterpiece. I was shocked at the reception it got from the critics.

Me too, I guess some people can't get used to "the claw".
Maybe they were shocked by a genuinley challenging game in this generation.

I can't fucking wait for Freedom 3.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 7:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
joe11 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
BlackStigma and DDD should have a proper debate. They both have great arguements. Lets see it lads. Smile
DDD AND I LOST A WHILE ALONG BUT DDD CAN'T HANDLE IT, u don't see me posting anymore because its useless

Wrong...Joe my friend....DDD and BlackStigma's arguement is intresting.....I wanna see more. But only in this thread. Lets see your best lads!!!!!!!

lol yeah thanks. I'm happy to continue if BS is too!! Very Happy

BS spews BS Razz

jk

I'm only doing this for fun. At the end of the day does it really matter if other people prefer other handhelds? lol

YOU WANT MOAR??? When you are playing a handheld it is the pinnacle of your life, for someone to have a different preference would endanger that feeling and there is only one way to correct it. To destroy that persons' opinion through walls of text.

You say that the PSP has superior gameplay...but this gets you nowhere. With a regular screen and a touch screen the DS can do gameplay the PSP will never be able too. In The World Ends With You a battle is performed by controlling the bottom screen with the stylus and the top screen with the D-Pad. You say DS games have limitations not having 3D gameplay (or at least not the best 3D gameplay), however you don't acknowledge that the PSP can never even hope to do what some DS games do. You say it's simplistic, however TWEWY has some of the most difficult gameplay to master. With the PSP it's the same as the PS2, minus 1 analog stick and 2 shoulder buttons. Meaning the PSP's gameplay is lesser than that of the PS2. The DS has it's own articulated gameplay the PSP can never do, where as the DS can attempt PSP like gameplay, failing more than succeeding yes, but there are a few gems like Metroid Prime Hunters. In fact, that's very ironic too considering that MPH is the best FPS on either platform. PSP doesn't really have any FPS except for Medal of Honer and Call of Duty, neither of which are very good. Most shooters on the PSP are over the shoulder types.

You say the PSP has a higher rating standard than the DS, but that can't happen. All that matters is how enjoyable the game is. FFXII Revanent Wings (RPG RTS) is better than Field Commander, and more enjoyable.

Oh! PSP has 3 AAA games, the DS has 7. Razz

One thing unbelievable hilarious is this. The best game on the DS is Chrono Trigger, and the best PSP game is Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable. Here is something they have in common. 1. Both are two some of the most undeniable greatest games in existence. 2. They are both ports, not originally made for the DS or PSP. Here is what is humorous about that. Chrono Trigger is an upgraded port from the SNES, and SMT P3P is a downgraded port from the PS2 lol!
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:33 am

BlackStigma wrote:
SMT P3P is a downgraded port from the PS2 lol!

The only the downgraded is the graphics, everything else has been improved.
In the original and FES, you could only control the player character in battle, whereas in P3P you control every character in battle. You can also choose to play as a girl which opens up many new social links.

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 am

GGM wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
SMT P3P is a downgraded port from the PS2 lol!

The only the downgraded is the graphics, everything else has been improved.
In the original and FES, you could only control the player character in battle, whereas in P3P you control every character in battle. You can also choose to play as a girl which opens up many new social links.


City Exploration and The Answer are gone as well. And the cutscenes are better in FES than the visual novel approach in P3P. And of course the graphics are lesser. There are gameplay tweaks yes, but it's more like they copied and pasted Persona 4 mechanics into the game. That sounds like a downgrade to me. Given a choice between Persona 3, FES, or P3P, any reasonable person would choose FES.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 5:38 pm

GGM wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GGM wrote:
PSP has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. That alone was worth the purchase.

QFT!

That game is an absolute masterpiece. I was shocked at the reception it got from the critics.

Me too, I guess some people can't get used to "the claw".
Maybe they were shocked by a genuinley challenging game in this generation.

I can't fucking wait for Freedom 3.

I like games that gradually get challenging. MHFU kicked my ass right from the get go and I lost interest.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Posts : 681
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Business!

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:41 am

Dammit I thought this discussion was dead. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

Posts : 680
Join date : 2009-11-15
Location : Xbox HQ

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 1:13 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Dammit I thought this discussion was dead. Evil or Very Mad
same here
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:38 am

BlackStigma wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
joe11 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
BlackStigma and DDD should have a proper debate. They both have great arguements. Lets see it lads. Smile
DDD AND I LOST A WHILE ALONG BUT DDD CAN'T HANDLE IT, u don't see me posting anymore because its useless

Wrong...Joe my friend....DDD and BlackStigma's arguement is intresting.....I wanna see more. But only in this thread. Lets see your best lads!!!!!!!

lol yeah thanks. I'm happy to continue if BS is too!! Very Happy

BS spews BS Razz

jk

I'm only doing this for fun. At the end of the day does it really matter if other people prefer other handhelds? lol

YOU WANT MOAR??? When you are playing a handheld it is the pinnacle of your life, for someone to have a different preference would endanger that feeling and there is only one way to correct it. To destroy that persons' opinion through walls of text.

You say that the PSP has superior gameplay...but this gets you nowhere. With a regular screen and a touch screen the DS can do gameplay the PSP will never be able too. In The World Ends With You a battle is performed by controlling the bottom screen with the stylus and the top screen with the D-Pad. You say DS games have limitations not having 3D gameplay (or at least not the best 3D gameplay), however you don't acknowledge that the PSP can never even hope to do what some DS games do. You say it's simplistic, however TWEWY has some of the most difficult gameplay to master. With the PSP it's the same as the PS2, minus 1 analog stick and 2 shoulder buttons. Meaning the PSP's gameplay is lesser than that of the PS2. The DS has it's own articulated gameplay the PSP can never do, where as the DS can attempt PSP like gameplay, failing more than succeeding yes, but there are a few gems like Metroid Prime Hunters. In fact, that's very ironic too considering that MPH is the best FPS on either platform. PSP doesn't really have any FPS except for Medal of Honer and Call of Duty, neither of which are very good. Most shooters on the PSP are over the shoulder types.

You say the PSP has a higher rating standard than the DS, but that can't happen. All that matters is how enjoyable the game is. FFXII Revanent Wings (RPG RTS) is better than Field Commander, and more enjoyable.

Oh! PSP has 3 AAA games, the DS has 7. Razz

One thing unbelievable hilarious is this. The best game on the DS is Chrono Trigger, and the best PSP game is Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 Portable. Here is something they have in common. 1. Both are two some of the most undeniable greatest games in existence. 2. They are both ports, not originally made for the DS or PSP. Here is what is humorous about that. Chrono Trigger is an upgraded port from the SNES, and SMT P3P is a downgraded port from the PS2 lol!

You need to understand the difference between control and gameplay. Most ds games don't even use the touchscreen that much except for aiming. And the ones that do usually suck badly.
Gameplay, it's obviously down to opinion but surely you'd want a console standard experience? I mean why would games have gone from those 2D little sprite-based, simplistic games to 3D, deep games over time? The same way people used to use black n' white tvs but now have colour, HD, flat screen tv's. Change from a technical stand point makes improvements. Psp is an improvement over ds.
The games like Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories/ Vice City Stories, the ds couldn't handle. Sure psp can't have stuff like nintendogs (which is utterly baddass btw), because it has different control but the ds canot handle over 80% of the psp's game library because they are ps2 standard games.
Psp doesn't have fps?
Medal Of Honor Heroes
Medal Of Honor Heroes 2
Call Of Duty
Coded Arms
Coded Arms Contagion
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Ghost In The Shell
Brothers In Arms
and so on

And it has loads of tps's as well. Resistance Retribution (which some people believe is better than Resistance 2), Syphon Filter Logans Shadow, Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, Chili Con Carnage, Gun Showdown, etc. Ds could not handle any of these games. Not just because of graphics but because of stuff like MOH has up to 32 players per online match, some of those games have large open areas with loads of stuff going on at once.

And you wanna know how crap the ds is in terms of stuff it can handle? On scribblenauts you can have up to about 10 sprites per locations. That's it.
Honestly! That's all ds can handle. Psp on the other hand has Littlebigplanet which allows you to place literally thousands of objects AND STICKERS (like sprites lol) in your levels. Ds is not even last-gen standard.

Also, you really can't bring in ratings to the handheld war. You want to know why? Because critics detest the psp. They always give AAA standard games on it a maximum of AA ratings just because they don't see it as a handheld. A 6/10 game on a console could be 8/10 on a handheld because of standards and expectations are different for a handheld. That doesn't apply for psp. If it gets a port of a ps2 game, you'd expect it to get the same, if not higher rating because it's a bloody handheld! But because the psp can handle the same graphics and gameplay, if may have some content stripped out due to it's limitations of the UMD. And so critics tear it apart in the reviews. I've played loads of 6/10 psp games and some 8/10 or 9/10 ds games and have to say most of the psp games are 10 times better. Gun Showdown for example. It's a A game. But in actual fact, ds owners can only dream of playing such games. It would be AAA if it didn't already exist on ps2.

And as for your comment about persona being a downgrade and chrono trigger being an upgrade. You owned yourself.
PS2>SNES.
So slightly inferior ps2 is more like very good N64. Slightly better snes is like wannabe ps1 but very very very far off.

So, Amazing N64 game vs very crap ps1 game.

Psp wins this one.

And to rub it in even further, ds can't even handle N64 or ps1 games. Why is it that Ocarina Of Time is coming only to 3DS? You think they wouldn't have ported it to ds if it could handle it? lol
Ds can handle only the low-quality n64 games like Super Mario 64. Psp can emulate that full speed even though it's a completely different format. What does that tell you about the two systems?

Consider Yourself Pwned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 am

GGM wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
GGM wrote:
PSP has Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. That alone was worth the purchase.

QFT!

That game is an absolute masterpiece. I was shocked at the reception it got from the critics.

Me too, I guess some people can't get used to "the claw".
Maybe they were shocked by a genuinley challenging game in this generation.

I can't fucking wait for Freedom 3.

Ahh yes MHFP3rd.

Why is it Wii got a monster hunter game but ds hasn't? lmao

Psp is getting it's third (4th if you include the expansion) monster hunter game and another little spin off title.

Hell there are loads of reasons it wont be on ds.

No analog stick: The game requires you to be swift and very accurate in your movements so you dont get toppled over by a stampeding monster. D-pads don't give you that precision.
Power: Psp is a beast of a handheld. Ds can in no way handle such gameplay or graphics for that matter. I doubt it could handle that amazing multiplayer either.
Children: Tbh 90%+ of ds owners are little children who play nintendogs and mario (mario games are awesome but they appeal to kids) and the thought of using a 10ft blade and carving up these beasties, with blood splattering everywhere, could be seen as a tiny bit scary for them.
Screen: The screen size is tiny. Unless you have the XL, but otherwise how can you see all the tiny details and icons? You carry hundreds of items in your backpack and need to be able to look at loads at once. That could be awkward with a screen as tiny as ds's.


but yeah, enough of the ds war.

Monster Hunter Freedom Portable 3rd is going to PWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:47 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Dammit I thought this discussion was dead. Evil or Very Mad

Yes, I thought I won it long ago Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:56 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Dammit I thought this discussion was dead. Evil or Very Mad
same here

I thought DDD had stopped posting, but then I noticed he made a post I never replied to.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 pm

@DDD
DS games don't use the touch screen well? What about:
Rhythm Heaven
Chrono Trigger
TWEWY
Final Fantasy IV
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Ninja Gaiden
There's a shit load of them. And most of the DS games that don't take the touch screen as the primary way to play will still offer the option which is a lot faster than using the buttons.
A console standard experience? lol, the PSP is missing 1 analog stick and 2 shoulder buttons, I don't call that "standard". And no I wouldn't want it anyways. I bought a handheld for a handheld experience, not a watered down but portable console experience. If I wanna play GTA, COD, MGS, etc. I can play better games of the series on an actual console.
I've played Call of Duty and Medal of Honor on the PSP before, they are in every way inferior to the console games. But you are right Coded Arms, Brothers in Arms, and Ghost in the Shell are epic games. You got me there.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/codedarms?q=coded%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/codedarmscontagion?q=coded%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/brothersinarmsdday?q=brothers%20in%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/ghostintheshellstandalonecomplex?q=Ghost%20in%20the%20Shell
Starwars Battlefront 2 is a third person game.

But yeah the PSP has some good third person shooters I'll give you that. However ironically the DS may have less FPS games, but it has the best one.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/metroidprimehunters

For your large open areas thing that is not true. MPH is a prime example. The graphics aren't as good as some PSP games, however it does have large open multiplayer maps. As for the online player count, that is dependent on the servers the game is run on, not the hardware.

Quote :
Also, you really can't bring in ratings to the handheld war
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/the-console-war-f1/don-t-make-up-rules-t5465.htm

RPGs aren't subject to change over time. FPS games now could have lower rating than older FPS games, but they are probably better games as they have evolved. RPGs are more of a standstill genre. A lot of people will go back and play old RPG games because they are better than some modern RPGs. However, there will not be many people who will go and play and old shooter games when they have modern FPS games with online multiplayer. So really your "amazing N64 game vs. crappy PS1 game" argument holds no weight. Chrono Trigger had added content and a mutliplayer component, P3P had removed content, and lesser cutscenes.

Cool the PSP has more hardware power, you really got rubbed it in with that one.


Last edited by BlackStigma on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Kirby Canvas Curse has awesome touch screen controls.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:32 pm

Nintendogs anyone? lolz
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Nintendogs anyone? lolz

No. No. Petz and Imagine FTW!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:18 am

Freemon34-YT wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Nintendogs anyone? lolz

No. No. Petz and Imagine FTW!!!!!!!!

I have nothing to say to you.... Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 6:04 am

BlackStigma wrote:
@DDD
DS games don't use the touch screen well? What about:
Rhythm Heaven
Chrono Trigger
TWEWY
Final Fantasy IV
Trauma Center
Phoenix Wright
Ninja Gaiden
There's a shit load of them. And most of the DS games that don't take the touch screen as the primary way to play will still offer the option which is a lot faster than using the buttons.
A console standard experience? lol, the PSP is missing 1 analog stick and 2 shoulder buttons, I don't call that "standard". And no I wouldn't want it anyways. I bought a handheld for a handheld experience, not a watered down but portable console experience. If I wanna play GTA, COD, MGS, etc. I can play better games of the series on an actual console.
I've played Call of Duty and Medal of Honor on the PSP before, they are in every way inferior to the console games. But you are right Coded Arms, Brothers in Arms, and Ghost in the Shell are epic games. You got me there.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/codedarms?q=coded%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/codedarmscontagion?q=coded%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/brothersinarmsdday?q=brothers%20in%20arms
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/ghostintheshellstandalonecomplex?q=Ghost%20in%20the%20Shell
Starwars Battlefront 2 is a third person game.

But yeah the PSP has some good third person shooters I'll give you that. However ironically the DS may have less FPS games, but it has the best one.
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/metroidprimehunters

For your large open areas thing that is not true. MPH is a prime example. The graphics aren't as good as some PSP games, however it does have large open multiplayer maps. As for the online player count, that is dependent on the servers the game is run on, not the hardware.

Quote :
Also, you really can't bring in ratings to the handheld war
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/the-console-war-f1/don-t-make-up-rules-t5465.htm

RPGs aren't subject to change over time. FPS games now could have lower rating than older FPS games, but they are probably better games as they have evolved. RPGs are more of a standstill genre. A lot of people will go back and play old RPG games because they are better than some modern RPGs. However, there will not be many people who will go and play and old shooter games when they have modern FPS games with online multiplayer. So really your "amazing N64 game vs. crappy PS1 game" argument holds no weight. Chrono Trigger had added content and a mutliplayer component, P3P had removed content, and lesser cutscenes.

Cool the PSP has more hardware power, you really got rubbed it in with that one.

(Gonna number it so I can keep track of what bits I'm talking about)
1.maybe a lot use the touch screen but it's merely a different control method. Gameplay itself isn't affected. It's like pc fanboys claiming the mouse is the all-powerful, awesome method of control that pwns all!

2.If you want to play mgs or gta you will be FORCED to play it on a console at home. Why would you play a handheld much at home? Handhelds are for when you're out, away or on holiday. Somewhere you cannot bring your consoles. Psp shines. Because the fact is, you WANT to play console standard games. Is that not why you own an Xbox 360? So why not take a psp out everywhere you go so you never feel deprived and have to resort to side scrollers?

3. I never claimed coded arms, brothers in arms and ghost in the shell had good ratings. I just said they are first person shooters. Psp has first person shooters, and believe it or not they are fun regardless of the ratings they got. As I already stated, you can't let ratings get in the way when buying a psp game.
Metroid on ds is awful. It has lame animation, dull repetitive locations, the single player has loads of repetition and makes it feel like a grind, the multiplayer maps are no more open than any other fps on ds. The areas do not match Medal Of Honor Heroes' locations for PSP.
And the ratings? Who cares about Metroid's ratings? It's running on a gba-standard system. That's why it got such positive ratings.
And the ONLY game on ds that has an open area is COP: The Recruit. But it recieved shit ratings. And for a ds game, in which even the shit games get at least a 7/10, that must be seriously goddamn awful. And tbh, it is. It's like Driver 1 but dull and more repetitive. Everywhere looks identicle, the animation is a joke, the draw distance is shite, etc
Now take a look at Vice City Stories for PSP. You can get in a helicopter, fly above both islands and see every single building below without any mist covering it up. That's the difference between ds and psp. Ds cannot handle big areas.
It also can't handle decent physics. Ragdoll physics on Resistance Retribution and LBP (I think it's ragdoll on LBP) show this! I've never seen a game on ds with decent physics.

5. Dude, I'm not making up rules. I'm giving you a valid statement. FIne, mention ratings but I've given you fair points to show that ratings are irrelevant in the handheld war. Maybe you'd like more?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngKtSDQey1M
lol! That video also shows how psp owners have higher standards than ds owners. I wonder why....

6.Good point about people going back to play old rpg games but is that what you want from a handheld? Just old rpg's? Rather than some new games? Keep in mind psp also has a large library of retro-style rpg's, including Final Fantasy Tactics but it caters to console gamers of this generation. Perhaps you have different views on what a handheld should ideally but if technology advances and improves games, why should anyone be playing a system that performs at best, like a ps1 but in general like a slightly beefed up gba (lol even Mariokart uses the same visuals as the gba version of the cloud level) when they could be playing a beefed up dreamcast-standard game which also performs to the standard of and occasionally outperforms the playstation 2? Most critics said Syphon Filter Dark Mirror was the best in the series and it didn't have any downgrade as it was a whole new game.

So yeah...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content




DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DS vs. PSP   DS vs. PSP - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
DS vs. PSP
Back to top 
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Handhelds-
Jump to: