This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?

Go down 
+23
Superkingz2
xjosh360s
GeneralMLD
arnt god of war
343_Guilty_Spark
EvilMrChicken
-jaz350z-
Jamin
Gamings-Prodigy
im-360...xbox360
A7MAD_AU
ghost23
joe11
Master_Chief
3DO Was Something
Stoney
oh woe is me
Angel In Black
daveMastaKill
Static103
Stigma
Pein
DemonWolf
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:09 am

PS3 exclusives developers like bashing on the 360. It amazes me why they feel the need to say things like that. Naughty Dog did it with Uncharted 2, now God of War 3.

We never hear Bungie, Turn 10 or Lionhead bashing on the PS3, its cause they are good people who develop good games and dont feel the need to bash the other side to get sales.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 am

GOW 3 is a beautiful looking game. Santa Monica studios worked hard and for a while too getting the game to look this way.

99 Nights 2 also looks good but not as good imo.

I still say Alan Wake looks better than GOW 3 though and AW is broader, not as linear.

ghost23 wrote:
PS3 exclusives developers like bashing on the 360. It amazes me why they feel the need to say things like that. Naughty Dog did it with Uncharted 2, now God of War 3.

This generation it's Sony that needs to prove itself to everyone, I mean those of us who purchased our PS3's did so because of the PS2 success (as well as the PS1 success in my case) and their promises (which only now are being met).

The other is Sony pay these 1st party developers, they're obliged to perpetrate in this 'console war', without the jive, what else works? Whatever garbage is spewed out, there will always be an audience, in this case it's the zealots generally and those with hope.

With; AW, Metro 2033 & Reach alone, none of the exclusives on the other systems leave MS in need to prove anything.
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:22 pm

narh god of war 3 looks better
Back to top Go down
Gamings-Prodigy

Gamings-Prodigy

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:51 pm

God of war 3 could Probally be on the Xbox 360 but it would be on like 12 discs.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

NNN 2 will be no where as good as GoW 3. Graphically and gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:44 pm

NNN 2 is like a very polished version of dynasty warriors but no way on earth is it ever gonna match with God Of War III
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Static103 wrote:
NNN 2 is like a very polished version of dynasty warriors but no way on earth is it ever gonna match with God Of War III

lol I hate to admit it but if I had to choose between either I'd probably go for NNN2 just because it has larger battles.

And did you not realise that the purpose of my topic was exactly NOT to say that it's better or even as good. Did you read what I actually wrote?
I said that people who claim 360 cannot RUN god of war are stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:58 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Static103 wrote:

lol I hate to admit it but if I had to choose between either I'd probably go for NNN2 just because it has larger battles.

And did you not realise that the purpose of my topic was exactly NOT to say that it's better or even as good. Did you read what I actually wrote?

Ya i did read the topic of this post, it's a bit too obvious coz it will be dumb for me to post a random message and what i wrote is pretty much the same thing as everyone's written
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Static103 wrote:

And on top of that, ( I know i'm gonna recieve a lot of hate but i'm gonna be open about this) I personaliy think that God Of War III can't be handled with the 360 because of it's graphics and stuff. Only if they tone down the graphics a bit and take out a few living - breathing interactive environments from the game it can be done on the 360.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

Static103 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
Static103 wrote:

And on top of that, ( I know i'm gonna recieve a lot of hate but i'm gonna be open about this) I personaliy think that God Of War III can't be handled with the 360 because of it's graphics and stuff. Only if they tone down the graphics a bit and take out a few living - breathing interactive environments from the game it can be done on the 360.

Dude we don't even seen the full game yet. And has far of the demo goes is nothing that the 360 can't handle.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Static don't get me wrong i'm a huge GoW III fan, and it does look 200% better than NN2 and that is why i bought a PS3, but the "It can't be done on the 360" is one of the lamest excuses that i hate to heard from the other side...
First its KillZone 2, then Uncharted 2 and now GoW III..
In the end its just uber bullshit...
Back to top Go down
Static103
Static103

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:51 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Static don't get me wrong i'm a huge GoW III fan, and it does look 200% better than NN2 and that is why i bought a PS3, but the "It can't be done on the 360" is one of the lamest excuses that i hate to heard from the other side...
First its KillZone 2, then Uncharted 2 and now GoW III..
In the end its just uber bullshit...

I know bro, that's why i said i "Personaly Think" coz i done a few researches on these stuff fanboys and non-fanboys keep saying that 360 can't handle KZ2 & God Of War III. So basically it's My Theory & none of it is true in real life but it is true only to myself. Only way to know that these words are true about the 360 not handling those great games is by trying them out on the system its self and proving it to use on a documentary or w.e you call it.

I personaly am not a fan of the God Of War series because i never tried them that much. I only played and completed the PSP version but i really like the E3 Demo of God Of War 3 & i think it's pretty cool Wink

I dono if you've noticed but in this forum i always give out my personal opinion & thoughts and sometimes facts Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 pm

High Voltage ran Bioshock on the wii.
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:39 am

To put it simply: NNN2 has nothing on GOW III

Quote :
Errm sorry but the first one had a maximum of like 12 on the screen at once. So far on all the GOW3 screenshots there's been no more than 15 on screen at once.

NNN2 on the other hand has had around 60!

GOW III is confirmed to be able to show 50+ completely randomized enemies on screen at once.

Quote :

We never hear Bungie, Turn 10 or Lionhead bashing on the PS3, its cause they are good people who develop good games and dont feel the need to bash the other side to get sales.

http://www.pushsquare.com/6895/trousers-down-microsoft-employee-caught-trolling-gran-turismo-5-on-popular-video-games-forum/

Quote :
NNN 2 will be no where as good as GoW 3. Graphically and gameplay.

QFT

Not to mention all of the low res textures in NNN2 as well as poor lighting and iffy anti-aliasing

I'm also curious as to why you would say "it can't be done on the 360" I don't think Sony Santa Monica said that, just the fanboys. They said it's "a playstation experience," not "it can't be done on the 360"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
EvilMrChicken

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 am

BlackStigma wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
im not trying to be bias DDD..but gow3 looks better than nnn2..maybe nnn2 screens are alpha or pre-alpha version..but as right now.gow 3 looks better

That's cause Gow 3 is a small scale linear game, NNN2 will have a crap load of enemies on screen at once and a lot of action and big environments. How many enemies will you have on screen at once on Gow 3? 5, 6?

Look at the last picture, does that look like 5-6 enemies on screen?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 5:02 am

-jaz350z- wrote:

I'm also curious as to why you would say "it can't be done on the 360" I don't think Sony Santa Monica said that, just the fanboys. They said it's "a playstation experience," not "it can't be done on the 360"

To me "a Playstation experience" means that GoW3 appeals to Playstation fans in the same way as Halo apeals to Xbox fans.

Bungie could just as easily say Halo Reach is "a Xbox experience".
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 8:25 pm

It isn't all about the graphics, it's the engine and length and other stuff like that. It could run on 360, but it would be like 5 discs.
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:21 am

All I know is the 360 would do better textures than the PS3 due to the fact the 360 has more available VRAM than the PS3 (512MB memory as opposed to 2 x 256MB memory) and the Xenos is superior to the RSX with graphics horse power.

How the game can't be done on the 360 is probably based around the fact that legally, Santa Monica Studio's develops for the PS3 only in regards to 'next gen consoles'.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:59 am

Can't wait for nnn2 though I remeber the first one being pretty good
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 pm

NNN 1 was mediocre.

I seriously hope part 2 can at least pull off "A" status.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 pm

kingdom under fire 2 will be the best and it will be no doubt better than gow idc what anyone says but Kuf 2 has better graphics and better looking gameplay than gow but nn2 looks like it can be a challenge for gow it may not be able to beat it because of its hype but it looks great
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 pm

lol all i have to say is that if 360 can handle mass effect 2 and alan wake and halo reach it can no doubt handle gow 3 i mean it doesnt even look that good in graphics i dont know why ppl always support it even 360 fans support its graphics and to say the truth the graphics aren't that amazing
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
lol all i have to say is that if 360 can handle mass effect 2 and alan wake and halo reach it can no doubt handle gow 3 i mean it doesnt even look that good in graphics i dont know why ppl always support it even 360 fans support its graphics and to say the truth the graphics aren't that amazing

QFT!!!
Though God Of War III definately does have really impressive visuals, it's nothing 360 couldn't handle. Hell, I think Gears looks better.
God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 God-of14God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 Gears-10
Back to top Go down
Superkingz2
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Superkingz2

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm

both gears and gow look great. Can't decide which one I think looks better
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Superkingz2 wrote:
both gears and gow look great. Can't decide which one I think looks better

I think GOW does actually

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?   God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

God Of War III Couldn't Be Done On 360 eh?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: