This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!

Go down 
+17
Monashtry
dudeoftheages
xbots
popjack88
Spartan v07
DuDZZ
GeneralMLD
nitromuffin1
arnt god of war
pshhh....
Paranormal
nr1012
343_Guilty_Spark
Arbiteris
miroforlife
cannibalshinobi
DemonWolf
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Halo Odst is meant to be an expansion of the first game.
The core gameplay is pretty much the same but theres loads of addons and so really, it should get at least the same ratings as Halo 3 got as it's an improvement yet many critics rated it 6's and 7's.
How ridiculous is that?
Imagine you've just bought a 360 and you can't decide whether to get Halo 3 or ODST, Odst is according to my friend (I haven't got it myself yet) a huge improvement and is an almost perfect game.
If it is indeed better than the already AAA game how can the score get worse?!
Seriously, some critics don't know how to rate!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:41 pm

with a metacritic score of 85 for a $60 expansion i cant complain.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:49 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
with a metacritic score of 85 for a $60 expansion i cant complain.
Yeh but look at it in comparison with Halo 3. Surely it's better? So why should it look like it's worse?
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm

because it's single player isn't as long, fire fight doesn't have MM, and has no versus MP of it's own.
Back to top Go down
miroforlife
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
miroforlife

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

i liked firefighter
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:22 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
because it's single player isn't as long, fire fight doesn't have MM, and has no versus MP of it's own.

Damnit I hate when ppl outsmart me lol

but it has free roam Razz that's gotta count for soemthing
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Guys,stop worrying.Gamspot,ign and a couple other sites gave it a 9.I have actually seen some ps3 fanboys on gamespot and ign giving odst a 1 as a score.even some 4s and 5s.Dont belive them.We all know who those people are.Do you guys know what's funny,ive read this review that said the same stuff as gamespot but said it was bad.ex,gamespot said the city felt real(so did ign)but the ps3 reveiwer website said it felt bland and wasnt interesting.Gamespot even put vids up to prove there right.I hardly belive in game scores now.Just look at the ps3 fanboys trolling every good xbox game.It pisses me off.I wouldnt suggest beliving the scores out now,many player reveiws are ps3 fanboys trying to "ruin"odst.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Don't even bother looking at user ratings, PS3 Brownies have trolled all the major sites and down rated it with 0's.

IGN 9.0

Gamespot 9.

Worth Playing 9.5

1up 9.1

Computer and VGs 9.1

Gamepro 9.0

Edge Magazine 9.0

Those are the reviews worth talking about. Even GameTrailers gave it an 8.9.

If ODST was perfect than it would have gotton perfect scores. As it is it's an AAA game according to the websites that matter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
nr1012
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 12:57 am

I don't care about the score. As long as I enjoy the game that is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Yeah you guys have all got good points.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

hey guys,do you wana see the most lame ps3 brownie odst reveiw ever?Check Blackbuster's reveiw on youtube.
Back to top Go down
Paranormal
Seaman Recruit
Paranormal

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:00 pm

How's ODST an "expansion"??
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:28 pm

Paranormal wrote:

because it was first meant to be an expansion, it only has a 14 month development time. Bungie keeps saying that it was an expansion that got too big for just that label, but anyone who really has played it knows it's just an expansion. But in the end i'm sure they are going to branch it off as a new series, kind of like the call of duty series.
Back to top Go down
pshhh....

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:32 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Guys,stop worrying.Gamspot,ign and a couple other sites gave it a 9.I have actually seen some ps3 fanboys on gamespot and ign giving odst a 1 as a score.even some 4s and 5s.Dont belive them.We all know who those people are.Do you guys know what's funny,ive read this review that said the same stuff as gamespot but said it was bad.ex,gamespot said the city felt real(so did ign)but the ps3 reveiwer website said it felt bland and wasnt interesting.Gamespot even put vids up to prove there right.I hardly belive in game scores now.Just look at the ps3 fanboys trolling every good xbox game.It pisses me off.I wouldnt suggest beliving the scores out now,many player reveiws are ps3 fanboys trying to "ruin"odst.
that cuz those other websites didnt get a gift basket from microsoft
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 1:44 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
Paranormal wrote:

because it was first meant to be an expansion, it only has a 14 month development time. Bungie keeps saying that it was an expansion that got too big for just that label, but anyone who really has played it knows it's just an expansion. But in the end i'm sure they are going to branch it off as a new series, kind of like the call of duty series.
or zelda but this expansion is really worth 60$ dont care what anyone says
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:21 pm

arntson wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Paranormal wrote:

you are right.20$ cor campaign.15$ for map packs.10$ for firefight.10$ for reach demo
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:22 pm

A hardcore halo fan would pay anything for a new halo game.expansion or not
Back to top Go down
nitromuffin1

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:33 pm

it didnt score high with many sites cuz of the price tag
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
arntson wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
Paranormal wrote:

you are right.20$ cor campaign.15$ for map packs.10$ for firefight.10$ for reach demo
more like 20$ for campaign 15$ for firefight 5$ for the chance to get recon 10$ for map pack and 10$ for reach
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 3:23 pm

guys, the halo 3 dlc alone is worth $30

to those who bought it it means nothing but for new 360 owners, buying odst is good value.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 6:15 pm

nitromuffin1 wrote:
it didnt score high with many sites cuz of the price tag

Got a 9/10 on most sites.Even one site gave it 5 full stars.Only a tiny few gave it a 7/10 like eurogamer
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 am

im pretty sure there saying its not an exspansion cause microsoft charged $60 for it... and bungie didnt wanna piss there fans off.. so they said its not an exspansion.... its still worth 60$ tho... in the end for what you get... yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 12:33 am

It's not an expansion. It's a side story to the Halo franchise. A full campaign is certainly not an expansion. Also firefight gives it that much more replay value.
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:40 am

id like to see what the CULT has to say when reach comes out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 3:41 pm

popjack88 wrote:
id like to see what the CULT has to say when reach comes out Very Happy

Don't we all?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!   The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The ratings for Halo ODST are ridiculous!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next